Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where have all the posts gone??

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 11 years ago by truecritic.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Do you feel that your posts disapear off the main page too quick?

yes [ 29 ]  [50.88%]
no [ 15 ]  [26.32%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
we need more choices [ 1 ]  [1.75%]
I don't know [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2005, 9:52 am - IP Logged

opinions are what makes the world go 'round.some people love to post a lot some don't.can't make everyone happy.i feel like thats what makes this place unique.if someone posts a lot and its meaningful and helps then i personally don't see anything wrong with it.its funny how certain people hate polls or they hate this or hate that.if you don't like it don't read it!

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2005, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Hello All,

I just wanted to know if any feels the same about the posts list on the main LP page?

I know we have search and tons of other features to find things but, there is so many so fast that I find posts from earlier in the week I didn't even know were topics because they get lost so quick.

Please post all comments of what you think about this and any suggestions that would help make it easier.

Thanks

Powerplayer

how many posts are set on your first page..

you can get up to 50 on a page.

The old Research method was easier to use to find posts.

Others complain that some people take up lots of room with individual posts on individual states.. They complained when I did my tracking that way..

There are several others on the pick 3 forum who still do what others complained about when I did it.

However they do it daily..for posts.. example.. they ran a post for OH middday 12/1 and OH even 12/1 and then started another one for Oh midday 12/2 and OH even 12/2.. ( which is fine with me.. )

When I was posting for a state.. I did both midday/evening in same post and ran that post for over a week.. (to take up less room on the forum)  People complained about this and I stopped.. People complained because I stopped..  (NO win situation there.)

I dont see much complaining about the ones who are doing it now..

There are people who complain to be complaining.. (that is ok with me too)  If it makes them happy to complain.. be happy..

Some will try and tell where your posts should go.  If they aren't interested in your topic they had rather you put it in your blog..

However, they dont consider blogging their own..

When I see a post by a member I am not interested in.. I skip it..  I hide  replies from those posters in the event they post on my posts. 

I am a much happier camper now..

i certainly agree with you on those points.i think some people are just not happy unless they are complaining about something or criticizing everything.or better yet trying to tell everyone what they should or shouldn't do.......

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4053 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2005, 10:35 am - IP Logged

opinions are what makes the world go 'round.some people love to post a lot some don't.can't make everyone happy.i feel like thats what makes this place unique.if someone posts a lot and its meaningful and helps then i personally don't see anything wrong with it.its funny how certain people hate polls or they hate this or hate that.if you don't like it don't read it!

DisneyWhat's unique about this place is that everybody deserves a chance to post without one poster posting 7-10 threads back to back and knocking everybody else's off the main page quickly.

Like I said before if it is so meaningful and requires a lot of posting, put it in a blog.

How many times have we went through this?  What makes it different this time?

takeemtothebank

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2005, 10:45 am - IP Logged

if you look closely on the first page i have two topics there.one of them has gotten 21 responses.the reason it has gotten that many responses is because it is holding peoples interest enough to STAY there on the first page........

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
          The Carolinas - Charlotte
          United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:26 am - IP Logged

if you look closely on the first page i have two topics there.one of them has gotten 21 responses.the reason it has gotten that many responses is because it is holding peoples interest enough to STAY there on the first page........

I Agree!

Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Polls stay longer.

takeemtothebank

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2005, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

AMEN

Brother

BEN

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2005, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Hello All,

I just wanted to know if any feels the same about the posts list on the main LP page?

I know we have search and tons of other features to find things but, there is so many so fast that I find posts from earlier in the week I didn't even know were topics because they get lost so quick.

Please post all comments of what you think about this and any suggestions that would help make it easier.

Thanks

Powerplayer

how many posts are set on your first page..

you can get up to 50 on a page.

The old Research method was easier to use to find posts.

Others complain that some people take up lots of room with individual posts on individual states.. They complained when I did my tracking that way..

There are several others on the pick 3 forum who still do what others complained about when I did it.

However they do it daily..for posts.. example.. they ran a post for OH middday 12/1 and OH even 12/1 and then started another one for Oh midday 12/2 and OH even 12/2.. ( which is fine with me.. )

When I was posting for a state.. I did both midday/evening in same post and ran that post for over a week.. (to take up less room on the forum)  People complained about this and I stopped.. People complained because I stopped..  (NO win situation there.)

I dont see much complaining about the ones who are doing it now..

There are people who complain to be complaining.. (that is ok with me too)  If it makes them happy to complain.. be happy..

Some will try and tell where your posts should go.  If they aren't interested in your topic they had rather you put it in your blog..

However, they dont consider blogging their own..

When I see a post by a member I am not interested in.. I skip it..  I hide  replies from those posters in the event they post on my posts. 

I am a much happier camper now..

i certainly agree with you on those points.i think some people are just not happy unless they are complaining about something or criticizing everything.or better yet trying to tell everyone what they should or shouldn't do.......

Some can talk until they are blue in the face.. but it doesn't get to me..

The Block/Hide button has been the greatest invention here on LP..

I dont open posts I am not interested in.. I am not a nagger though.. I dont nag about this or that..

Those that open a post just to nag..  just need something to post about...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4053 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

What?We just had one poster post 7 threads back to back.  You better hurry and look at the other threads because they will be pushed off the main page quicker.

takeemtothebank

Charlotte NC
                    United States
                    Member #17406
                    June 18, 2005
                    4053 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

DisapproveTwo threads just bit the dust.

takeemtothebank

Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

DisapproveTwo more threads just bit the dust!

takeemtothebank

Charlotte NC
                        United States
                        Member #17406
                        June 18, 2005
                        4053 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

DisapproveWhat number for birthday thread will bite the dust next, making room for the 7 threads of one poster.

takeemtothebank

Charlotte NC
                          United States
                          Member #17406
                          June 18, 2005
                          4053 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

UnhappyWhat number for birthday thread just bit the dust.

takeemtothebank

Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4053 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

UnhappyNow this person's posts totally dominates the threads.

takeemtothebank

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
                              oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #12313
                              March 10, 2005
                              165 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2005, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Crazy

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!