Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where have all the posts gone??

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 11 years ago by truecritic.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Do you feel that your posts disapear off the main page too quick?

yes [ 29 ]  [50.88%]
no [ 15 ]  [26.32%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
we need more choices [ 1 ]  [1.75%]
I don't know [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  

United States
Member #23383
October 11, 2005
485 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2006, 2:37 am - IP Logged

This has to be the saddest thread on lp....I think we can see WHO needs the attention in the majority of the threads!!!....

I do not come here much anymore..and boy looks like I haven't missed much at all....

As I said before..this is just sad...and perhaps will even goes as far as to say it's pathetic...

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2006, 10:14 am - IP Logged

ROFL

Yeah Dman, you disappeared right about the time you stole another members exact predictions and posted them on the prediction board.  When I saw that I couldn't believe it. LOL  Tntea slammed this system in her blog.  You didn't think it was a bad system did you? Green laugh

That has been the best laugh I ever had on LP.  I cracked up every time one of those numbers hit.  I cried while laughing.  Every time one would hit, I'll say to the member you stole them from and say Dman hit them too and crack up laughing.

Then you were no where to be found.  I don't blame you for going into hiding, even though I think you where here all the time under another name.  I suspect I know who you were.

You could have at least put other numbers with the predictions and moved them around a little bit.  That was original and talk about pathetic.

takeemtothebank

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31347 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2006, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

This has to be the saddest thread on lp....I think we can see WHO needs the attention in the majority of the threads!!!....

I do not come here much anymore..and boy looks like I haven't missed much at all....

As I said before..this is just sad...and perhaps will even goes as far as to say it's pathetic...

as it turned out - you're pathetic and devious.  Dunk

love to nibble those micey feet.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23261 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2006, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

as it turned out - you're pathetic and devious.  Dunk

I assume you're referring to this?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/126334

Still silence on that thread.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31347 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2006, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

yes. 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2006, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

To put it simply, if your name occupies half the threads 'last posts' on each and every page then you are posting too much.

If you are at a party having a conversation with 30,000 people and every other sentence is coming out of your mouth then you are monopolizing the conversation.

If the shoe fits, either wear it or put it in your mouth.

The bottom line is profit, not talk....and what better place to prove that than the prediction boards. How many times must this be said?

As Todd said, the forum is an excellent place to post ideas, observations, etc. Predictions posted on the forum but not the prediction board have little merit because they are not tabulated, they are simply talk. Nonsensical polls and nonsensical answers to each and every thread (especially your own) are a waste of our time and turns off the serious lottery players from participating in the forums.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
              Killer's Cove
              United States
              Member #57
              December 17, 2001
              5628 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2006, 12:15 am - IP Logged

To put it simply, if your name occupies half the threads 'last posts' on each and every page then you are posting too much.

If you are at a party having a conversation with 30,000 people and every other sentence is coming out of your mouth then you are monopolizing the conversation.

If the shoe fits, either wear it or put it in your mouth.

The bottom line is profit, not talk....and what better place to prove that than the prediction boards. How many times must this be said?

As Todd said, the forum is an excellent place to post ideas, observations, etc. Predictions posted on the forum but not the prediction board have little merit because they are not tabulated, they are simply talk. Nonsensical polls and nonsensical answers to each and every thread (especially your own) are a waste of our time and turns off the serious lottery players from participating in the forums.

Amen ! Rick G., think we are fighting a losing battle. The "guilty" parties seem to not recognize them selves...they seem to be too busy patting themselves on the back......and looking around for more garbage to post....shame too, this used to be a fun site to visit....sure wish that several of them would get their medications back in balance !

Best wishes !  Bob Coffeebg / Bluegrass

US Flag    Life i$ good !  US Flagbg

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31347 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2006, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

rick and bob - very valid points.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2006, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Go to fullsize imageSay hello to Ms. Pacman.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2006, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I got a kick out of the threads on the pick 3 forum just now. As Bluegrass pointed out, the culprits do not even know it is applying to them...they just keep on doing it.

There were several examples I saw within the last few hours of threads but here is a good one. One poster has 6 threads, each for different states and in a 17 minute time span the last response to all 6 threads are from the poster and 4 of those responses were the only response to the thread.

A lot of separate one number prediction threads from another poster were intermingled in there. Basically the two posters hogged a whole page worth of threads and posts in less than an hour.

Let's get it together folks. If you're going to do multiple states or multiple predictions, please have the courtesy to limit your posts to one or two threads. Make ALL your picks for ALL your states or scenarios BEFORE YOU EVEN START POSTING and include them ALL in one or two threads.

Thank you.

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31347 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

yes!!!!

wonder if naming those people would help?    Bash

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2006, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Em, from what I saw in this random check of the pick 3 threads, there are several to blame. To name them wouldn't do any good because they are obviously not taking the time to read other people's posts, just their own.

There was one example a while back of a poster making 23 posts in 30 minutes. How could one possibly read 23 threads and make a meaningful response to each of them in 30 minutes? I'm sure there's even a better example of posts vs. time but I don't have that kind of time to read nonsense and count minutes.

Maybe we have some speed readers and typists in here, but the responses were all one or two sentence replies and that doesn't take a genius to do it. I could do that all night with this thread alone.

Maybe I should have my pet monkey, Bobo, sit here and respond to every post all night long............ Big Grin

I'll have to train him how to start his own threads first.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #22395
                          September 24, 2005
                          1583 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2006, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Get rid of the news articles on the home page and use the space for a longer list of current threads.  The list is too short anyway.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2006, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

The only real solution is for people to realize that we are a community of more than 30,000 and when everyone is talking at the same time, nothing gets heard, especially when a handful are "shouting".

As I said before, it is just common courtesy. I'd like to see what everyone is saying, not just the "shouters". And don't tell me to block some posters out. I don't want to be like the character on Mad TV that says "na-na-na-na-na-na" to everything she disagrees with.

But there are a few here that I might start blocking and so will everyone else...then you'll be talking to yourself.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2006, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

i couldn't agree with you more...it seems that a select few have what i call "diarrhea of the mouth"......