Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lotto tennessee,georgia,south carolina!

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 11 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

would a lotto combining tennessee,georgia and south carolina be a good idea?

yes these states would work great together [ 10 ]  [41.67%]
no they would not work good together [ 8 ]  [33.33%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #5565
July 11, 2004
260 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2005, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Kentucky's sales were affected by the launch of the state lottery in Tennessee in 2004.  Tennessee plays Powerball on the same night and that would impact cross-border sales traffic for Lotto South.  Lotto South needs to be adapted if it's to accomodate states that have Powerball. 

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Kentucky's sales were affected by the launch of the state lottery in Tennessee in 2004.  Tennessee plays Powerball on the same night and that would impact cross-border sales traffic for Lotto South.  Lotto South needs to be adapted if it's to accomodate states that have Powerball. 

I agree.  If it were better suited for PB states such as SC, LA, and TN would join.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
      The Carolinas - Charlotte
      United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2005, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

I like that idea of Carolinas Lotto.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
        United States
        Member #19651
        August 3, 2005
        621 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

fla is a key    may be a mid day  draw  so if you lose you can run out and get a mm or pb  tic

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2005, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Kentucky also plays Power Ball on the same night, so I doubt that the launching of Tennessee's lottery is entirely to blame for Lotto South's poor performance. 

Several people have indicated that they prefer Lotto South over Power Ball because of the lower odds.  If a person favors lower-odds games, then why would they care if Tennessee has Power Ball on the same night?    It seems to me that they would continue to play Lotto South, even if it means crossing the border to get tickets.  But Lotto South sales are dropping, or at best, basically flat.

IMOH, Lotto South will not be able to compete with Power Ball or Mega Millions.  People who favor large jackpots will play those games and skip Lotto South.  An instate lottery such as Lotto Georgia, which had a 6/46 matrix, will have even lower odds than Lotto South.  And decent payouts.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2005, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

it looks like fairly even poll split right down the middle.i at least hope that tennessee will get their own lotto if anything.......

United States
              Member #24696
              October 26, 2005
              11 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

According to VA Lottery.com, lotto south is being replaced with 6+1/42 game called "win for life" and GA, KY, and VA are still apart of it. Changes coming in february 06.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                Florence, Alabama
                United States
                Member #8658
                November 13, 2004
                1993 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Kentucky also plays Power Ball on the same night, so I doubt that the launching of Tennessee's lottery is entirely to blame for Lotto South's poor performance. 

Several people have indicated that they prefer Lotto South over Power Ball because of the lower odds.  If a person favors lower-odds games, then why would they care if Tennessee has Power Ball on the same night?    It seems to me that they would continue to play Lotto South, even if it means crossing the border to get tickets.  But Lotto South sales are dropping, or at best, basically flat.

IMOH, Lotto South will not be able to compete with Power Ball or Mega Millions.  People who favor large jackpots will play those games and skip Lotto South.  An instate lottery such as Lotto Georgia, which had a 6/46 matrix, will have even lower odds than Lotto South.  And decent payouts.

I personally think the reason that Lotto South did so poorly with the jackpots is because it was only 3 states. As for Powerball in Tn, I had really hoped that when they started a multistate game that they would have went with the Mega Millions game. Seeing that I live on the border to both TN/KY I could play both. I used to play Powerball in Ky but with Tn not taxing lottery winnings I play Powerball in TN. I still play pick 3/4 in Ky but Powerball is in Tn. I don't know if Lotto South tried to sell the game to other southern states, but if they would have maybe that would have helped it. I know when KY had their own lotto the Jackpot never went up very much. From what I've heard the last draw for Lotto South is Feb 25th

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!