Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another MM Winner @$15m

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19817 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2006, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I would consider myself lucky to match 5+0 for $250K, even if the jackpot was $315M, so I would be happy to match 5+1 any time, regardless of the jackpot size.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    United States
    Member #5128
    June 18, 2004
    377 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2006, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Yeap, I agree with RJOh, winning $250,000 may not be the grandest jackpot, especially if we are talking about some players who ONLY play when the POWERBALL or the MEGA MILLIONS is $100 million or more.  Nevertheless, I, too, would be thankful for $250,000 -- and with powerplay (any number from 2-5 can be drawn) -- that's an extra bonus!

I've noticed that people who generally win smaller lottery amounts (the lower millions) compared to the (higher millions), receive less media attention -- and that's OK with me.  Here in New Mexico, winners are not required to have their pictures taken, but their names must be used for the public record and to ensure integrity of the game.  However, I don't agree with their reasoning, but it's the lottery's decision. 

Finally, I enjoy reading the LP or hearing about winners because it gives me hope: maybe my ship will come in soon and I will be there to welcome it!

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2006, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

They publish winners names and information so people know that people actually win these jackpots.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2006, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Congratulations to Ohio on winning the MM jackpot. CA had 3 different jackpots won in a row: A $315 million jackpot by themselves, a $35 million jackpot shared with MI, and an $88 million jackpot by themselves three draws ago and the last draw in 2005 before it was snapped by Ohio in last draw. I think this pattern will end for MM with another 100+million jackpot after three straight jackpots under 100 million. If no one had hit the MM jackpot, it would set a new low under the new matrix of $22 million after the 2nd roll.