Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Useless Polls

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 11 years ago by cps10.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How many LP players are sick of these senseless polls?

10% [ 3 ]  [10.34%]
20% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
30% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
40% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
50% [ 1 ]  [3.45%]
60% [ 1 ]  [3.45%]
70% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
80% [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
90% [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
100% [ 20 ]  [68.97%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 15 ]  
paurths's avatar - underground
Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
Belgium
Member #19287
July 29, 2005
2254 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2006, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

that's what I mean paurths....see what has happened.......this poll has led now to even wondering about out LP nicknames.........every one of these polls lead to hard feelings and they have no usefullness whatsoever.  Most of them are popularity polls....and I do not care if I am popular or not and I know tenaj feels the same................my goal here is to win bucks....plain and simple.  I could care less if anyone likes me or not.  I am true to myself and kiss no one's butt.  I stand up for what I think is right and also stand up when I think something is wrong.  The main goal here is to "make money" not be the King/Queen of the Prom.

Thumbs up, Sandy! Thumbs Up
That is indeed the main goal, to make money.
But i must say that i kinda like "this community", or at least most of the people here. And just like you said it, i couldn't care less if anyone likes me or not, in the end we are all just "persons at the other side of the line, with our own lives", trying to pin down that one number, day by day.

Cheers
Ricky

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
    Clarkston, Michigan
    United States
    Member #76
    January 6, 2002
    8528 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2006, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I like this community also.  I try not to interfere with other people's ideas.  But when stupid things are brought up like a person's name being stupid...that is when I felt I need to step up to the plate and take a strike or two.

LP is wonderful.......most people are wonderful on here......but like every community with diversity, we will tend to disagree on a few things.  I just don't like name-calling.

We have a wonderful mayor here (Todd) and no I am sucking up.  He and I  disagree sometimes, but I respect him as a person; therefore, I accept his decisions.  He is true to his beliefs.

Now I have said my piece.  Good luck everyone. 

Sandy

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Why click on the poll at all if you find it to be "stupid" ?

Last time I checked, YOU have to click the mouse yourself.

If you don't like it, don't participate in it. Personally, I have followed some of the poll threads and yes, they do get off of the subject but that in itself is kind of neat- we learn a lot or if we choose not to, we can always hit the "back" button or the "delete" or "esc" keys.

If "polls" were such a bad thing Todd would fix it to where we couldn't create them.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
        Clarksville
        United States
        Member #487
        July 15, 2002
        17638 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

If "polls" were such a bad thing Todd would fix it to where we couldn't create them...Maybe he should

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Why click on the poll at all if you find it to be "stupid" ?

Last time I checked, YOU have to click the mouse yourself.

If you don't like it, don't participate in it. Personally, I have followed some of the poll threads and yes, they do get off of the subject but that in itself is kind of neat- we learn a lot or if we choose not to, we can always hit the "back" button or the "delete" or "esc" keys.

If "polls" were such a bad thing Todd would fix it to where we couldn't create them.

I Agree!    Same principle with ignore, or simply skipping over what someone writes.   If it offends then don't click the link, or simply hit the back button.

What offends me is not being able to come up with the winning number!! Crying

Lets move on with picking numbers, sharing ideas so we can all hopefully take home the "mother lode" sooner than later!!!   Good luck all!!Blue Angel

Good luck to everyone!

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49824 Posts
            Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

It would seem: Everyone does not have the same agenda!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
              North Dakota
              United States
              Member #13397
              April 5, 2005
              1623 Posts
              Posted: January 16, 2006, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Not to start a fuss but I like most of the polls.  I've even started some polls.  The only polls I don't like are the polls that aren't on topic with this forum.  (Much like this one.)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                The Carolinas - Charlotte
                United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

that's what I mean paurths....see what has happened.......this poll has led now to even wondering about out LP nicknames.........every one of these polls lead to hard feelings and they have no usefullness whatsoever.  Most of them are popularity polls....and I do not care if I am popular or not and I know tenaj feels the same................my goal here is to win bucks....plain and simple.  I could care less if anyone likes me or not.  I am true to myself and kiss no one's butt.  I stand up for what I think is right and also stand up when I think something is wrong.  The main goal here is to "make money" not be the King/Queen of the Prom.

Thumbs up, Sandy! Thumbs Up
                That is indeed the main goal, to make money.
                But i must say that i kinda like "this community", or at least most of the people here. And just like you said it, i couldn't care less if anyone likes me or not, in the end we are all just "persons at the other side of the line, with our own lives", trying to pin down that one number, day by day.

Cheers
                Ricky

I "eerga" (lol) with all of your points, Sandy, paurths, tenaj. But the best thing about this community is that we are a family. Family members bicker, that's just part of the drill. I even think that through some arguments I've seen on here, I've even learned a few things within those arguments. When you deal with a group this large, there are bound to be disagreements. Part of life, and I for one don't resent anyone for disagreeing. The idea is to help each other out, which I think has been happening, fights or not.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4053 Posts
                  Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

WinkHey Cps10, since this is a useless poll,  how 'bout those Panthers!

takeemtothebank

United States
                    Member #21627
                    September 12, 2005
                    4138 Posts
                    Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Now THAT's a poll that I would like to respond to!! Chicago was nice this time of year! :)

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                      Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Now THAT's a poll that I would like to respond to!! Chicago was nice this time of year! :)

LOLDid you go to Chicago?  They were such sore losers.  They threw apples at Panthers' fans.  Somebody even knocked a Panthers' fan hat off his head while he was speaking in the camera on the news.  Little old Charlotte NC might be going to the Super Bowl AGAIN.

Ok Chicago fans.  I really don't like football so don't get offended.  I only know what you just heard me say.LOL And you have 3 chances to make 10 yards and you can kick on the last.LOL

takeemtothebank

United States
                        Member #21627
                        September 12, 2005
                        4138 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, it was a blast. I heard about the apples too, but I wasn't over where that was. Actually, the Bears fans I was around were very cordial, although I think I ate too many brats over there. Nothing like going on a roadie. I am seriously contemplating going to SEA this weekend. Here's an interesting tidbit: we have won 5 playoff games just since 2003. How many has Seattle won in their existence? Four. Looks like History is on OUR side for a change.

I do know one thing - if we make it to the Bowl AGAIN, I will be in Detroit for sure. My in-laws live 3 hours outside of there, and I won't miss this one like I did in Houston.

Another interesting fact - no team in NFL History has gone to the playoffs their first three times and made it to the conference championship game 3 out of 3 times.

Panthers 27, Blowhawks 13.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                          Clarkston, Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #76
                          January 6, 2002
                          8528 Posts
                          Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

cps, good luck finding tickets.....not many around under 2,000 bucks.  Steve Smith was incredible.  But sorry I was rooting for the Bears.  Now I want the Steelers in the Super Bowl.  BUS is from here and I would like him to end his career with playing here and getting his Super Bowl here.  You know what he is planning for his Super Bowl party?  He rented a fricking bowling alley....the whole building....party upstairs and bowling downstairs....he has a passion for bowling and carries a 200+ average.  Sorry to say, we weren't invited....lol...

Sandy

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

LP players how do you feel about all the useless polls we have been having of late? Please indicate by choosing a percentage to indicate your disgust with all of the useless polls. What percent is the usefullness of the polls?

You mean like this one?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                              Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #10465
                              January 14, 2005
                              6065 Posts
                              Posted: January 16, 2006, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

cps, good luck finding tickets.....not many around under 2,000 bucks.  Steve Smith was incredible.  But sorry I was rooting for the Bears.  Now I want the Steelers in the Super Bowl.  BUS is from here and I would like him to end his career with playing here and getting his Super Bowl here.  You know what he is planning for his Super Bowl party?  He rented a fricking bowling alley....the whole building....party upstairs and bowling downstairs....he has a passion for bowling and carries a 200+ average.  Sorry to say, we weren't invited....lol...

I Agree!    Go Steelers!!!!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!