Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why GA-KY-VA Lose for Life will flop

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2006, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Win for Life will have a cash option at least in Virginia.

http://www.valottery.com/winforlife/howtoplay.asp

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2006, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Win for Life will have a cash option at least in Virginia.

http://www.valottery.com/winforlife/howtoplay.asp

Virginia yes, KY maybe, GA no. But I still wouldn't play because Washington (state) Lucky for Life scratch has the same "weekly" prize with a $750,000 cash option.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Unless a winner happens to know that he will die in less than ten years, taking a cash option for the minimum payout of $520,000 minus taxes is a sucker deal. Win for Life has a 6 of 6 grand prize of $1000 a week which is limited in duration only by the span of one's natural life. Anyone can take that cash option if it's offered in their state, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather ride that $1000 a week to my grave. I'll be playing Win for Life in every single drawing. It's just silly and irresponsible for anyone (especially someone in New York) to call for a boycott of the new Win for Life game just because of a petty objection to the annuity payments. This happens to be one of the best games we've been offered in quite some time.

CASH Only, would you mind telling us exactly how many times in your lottery playing experience that you've actually had to make a choice between a cash option or annuity for winning the grand prize of any lottery? Green laugh

Good luck to all Win for Life players,

aye'

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2006, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Unless a winner happens to know that he will die in less than ten years, taking a cash option for the minimum payout of $520,000 minus taxes is a sucker deal. Win for Life has a 6 of 6 grand prize of $1000 a week which is limited in duration only by the span of one's natural life. Anyone can take that cash option if it's offered in their state, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather ride that $1000 a week to my grave. I'll be playing Win for Life in every single drawing. It's just silly and irresponsible for anyone (especially someone in New York) to call for a boycott of the new Win for Life game just because of a petty objection to the annuity payments. This happens to be one of the best games we've been offered in quite some time.

CASH Only, would you mind telling us exactly how many times in your lottery playing experience that you've actually had to make a choice between a cash option or annuity for winning the grand prize of any lottery? Green laugh

Good luck to all Win for Life players,

aye'

I have to make the choice EVERY time I play Mega Millions in NY. NY still requires MM players to choose cash or annuity whenever they play.

BTW bad luck to all LOSE for Life players in GA, and maybe KY.

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2006, 10:14 am - IP Logged

CASH Only,

Those are essentially academic choices. I asked how many times you've had to make the choice for cash option or annuity for actually winning the grand prize of a lottery. How many times will you have to make that choice for the new Win for Life game? How often will you ever even buy a Win for Life ticket in VA, KY, or GA? Hmmmmmmmm??? I'm willing to bet that the answers to those questions are None, None, and Never, respectively.Green laughJust let us know when you've managed to fix all the problems you've identified in the New York lottery. Then we might consider you as a consultant for helping us out with our Win for Life game.

aye'

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2006, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only,

Those are essentially academic choices. I asked how many times you've had to make the choice for cash option or annuity for actually winning the grand prize of a lottery. How many times will you have to make that choice for the new Win for Life game? How often will you ever even buy a Win for Life ticket in VA, KY, or GA? Hmmmmmmmm??? I'm willing to bet that the answers to those questions are None, None, and Never, respectively.Green laughJust let us know when you've managed to fix all the problems you've identified in the New York lottery. Then we might consider you as a consultant for helping us out with our Win for Life game.

aye'

Cash hasn't figured out (1) the lottery games are not there for his profit and (2) the Lottery Directors couldn't care less what he thinks or says. He has ZERO influence on any lottery or lottery player.  They make money for the state.  That is all that counts.  Nothing else matters or is important. If people spend money, and they obviously do, then there is no need to change.  No reason what-so-ever.  Cash won't play.  WHO CARES!  Not the lottery, a thousand players are standing in line, wishing he would get out of the way.

Personally, I am a cash person.  But, with the right game, I would choose annuity in a heartbeat.  If your cash is $3.1M but your annuity is $8.6M; I'm going with annuity.  It would be more work to convert 3 million into 8 million then I would care to exert.  $250,00 is a perfect amount to do anything I need to do for the next 30 years!  If the game is "Rags to Riches," in NJ, will pay me $5000.00 a week for 26 years (naturally before taxes), I'd grab it in a heartbeat.  There are obviously, thousands of players, and probably hundreds of winners, who agree with me that cutting off your nose to spite your face is not a mature choice.

Powerball or Megamillion, talking about $100M cash, sure I'd go for the cash.  Anything under $15M, I'm going for annuity.  No sense paying hundreds of thousands in consultant fees to bring home the same amount as an annuity. Unless you've never hired a consultant, and have no idea of how expensive they are.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2006, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

I choose annuity when given the choice and I'm not going to boycott any game on the sole basis of whether or not that's an option. I don't play games with bad odds and better options elsewhere (a la DE Multi-Win Lotto). That being said, if someone buys me a ticket, I'm not going to be upset about it.

The only time I might consider it is if the difference between the two is relatively small (ie: Hot Lotto $1M annuity vs. $500K cash) as I could make the difference easily in far less than 30 years. That's not going to happen with double digit millions without a lot of work, and patience which I don't have.

As a sidenote: I didn't match squat when I purchased my VA Win for Life ticket last night. Better luck next time...

New York, NY
                United States
                Member #13514
                April 7, 2005
                235 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2006, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

I like the odds of the game, but what I did not realize was you don't pick the FB number. 

Even though there is no cash option I will still play.  It may not be enough for me to quit a job, but the money would be enough to do some things.  

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31343 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

matched 3 plus ball  - not complaining Smile

love to nibble those micey feet.

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Thats because you're a winner - in multiple ways!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
                      Member #13801
                      April 14, 2005
                      48 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2006, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Me too, Emily.  $30.  Not bad for the first game.

Hopefully, my next win will be the jackpot.  Smiley

United States
                        Member #4416
                        April 22, 2004
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2006, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only,

aye'

Cash hasn't figured out (1) the lottery games are not there for his profit and (2) the Lottery Directors couldn't care less what he thinks or says. He has ZERO influence on any lottery or lottery player.  They make money for the state.  That is all that counts.  Nothing else matters or is important. If people spend money, and they obviously do, then there is no need to change.  No reason what-so-ever.  Cash won't play.  WHO CARES!  Not the lottery, a thousand players are standing in line, wishing he would get out of the way.

Personally, I am a cash person.  But, with the right game, I would choose annuity in a heartbeat.  If your cash is $3.1M but your annuity is $8.6M; I'm going with annuity.  It would be more work to convert 3 million into 8 million then I would care to exert.  $250,00 is a perfect amount to do anything I need to do for the next 30 years!  If the game is "Rags to Riches," in NJ, will pay me $5000.00 a week for 26 years (naturally before taxes), I'd grab it in a heartbeat.  There are obviously, thousands of players, and probably hundreds of winners, who agree with me that cutting off your nose to spite your face is not a mature choice.

Powerball or Megamillion, talking about $100M cash, sure I'd go for the cash.  Anything under $15M, I'm going for annuity.  No sense paying hundreds of thousands in consultant fees to bring home the same amount as an annuity. Unless you've never hired a consultant, and have no idea of how expensive they are.

Check reading comprehension skills with particular attention to context clues.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2006, 10:02 am - IP Logged

WA Lucky for Life has a $750,000 cash option. Lose for Life doesn't have a cash option in GA (and KY?). The Virginia cash option is only $520,000. Ergo, WA Lucky for Life is a MUCH BETTER game!

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2006, 10:20 am - IP Logged

WA Lucky for Life has a $750,000 cash option. Lose for Life doesn't have a cash option in GA (and KY?). The Virginia cash option is only $520,000. Ergo, WA Lucky for Life is a MUCH BETTER game!

CASH Only,

You're obviously ignoring those facts that were clearly pointed out to you about the Washington game. You're sounding like a broken record with that same tired old rhetoric you're using, and you're making yourself look rather foolish in the process. You cling to your malformed beliefs in the face of facts to the contrary.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see."

aye'

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2006, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Scratch games pay better than online games. I'm guessing the WA game pays back at least 70% to Lose for Life's 50% or whatever.