Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why GA-KY-VA Lose for Life will flop

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Forget it folks. He's not listening. He's entitled to his opinion, but I doubt he's got many willing to join a boycott.

BTW: Last time I checked, there was no Lose for Life game in VA, KY, and GA, but there is a Win for Life game in those states. Big Smile

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2006, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Forget it folks. He's not listening. He's entitled to his opinion, but I doubt he's got many willing to join a boycott.

BTW: Last time I checked, there was no Lose for Life game in VA, KY, and GA, but there is a Win for Life game in those states. Big Smile

I will call it Lose for Life, just as there is an Unlucky for Life to the north of you. Do you remember if DE had the MUSL game several years ago, Annuity4Life?

Delaware
      United States
      Member #30273
      January 14, 2006
      494 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2006, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't know. Prior to moving here, I only drove through the state once a year and would always pick up a stack of Powerball tickets. I never paid attention to what else they sold.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2006, 9:23 am - IP Logged

I like the odds of the game, but what I did not realize was you don't pick the FB number. 

Even though there is no cash option I will still play.  It may not be enough for me to quit a job, but the money would be enough to do some things.  

Actually, you can pick the Free Bal number if that's what you really want to do. All you have to do is include whatever number you think the Free Ball will be among the six numbers that you select on your play slip. If you're right about the Free Ball, that could help you out in winning some of the secondary prizes. But if you want to hit the grand prize, the trick is to avoid the Free Ball number.

Good luck to all Win for Life players,

aye'

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49784 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2006, 9:58 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

United States
            Member #5565
            July 11, 2004
            260 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:57 am - IP Logged

The free ball is the 7th ball drawn by the lottery, not the 7th number on your ticket.

http://www.winforlifegame.com/info/faqs.php

The free ball increases your odds of winning a secondary prize, not a jackpot. 

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2006, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

The free ball is the 7th ball drawn by the lottery, not the 7th number on your ticket.

http://www.winforlifegame.com/info/faqs.php

The free ball increases your odds of winning a secondary prize, not a jackpot. 

There is no 7th number on any one Win for Life ticket line; a play line only consists of six numbers. If a player a so chooses, he can include whatever he thinks the Free Ball will be among his six number selections on the play slip, but he still only gets to choose six numbers. If you happen to catch the Free Ball, you automatically have no chance of hitting the top prize, but it gives you a chance at winning 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th prize.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

WA Lucky for Life has a $750,000 cash option. Lose for Life doesn't have a cash option in GA (and KY?). The Virginia cash option is only $520,000. Ergo, WA Lucky for Life is a MUCH BETTER game!

CASH Only,

You're obviously ignoring those facts that were clearly pointed out to you about the Washington game. You're sounding like a broken record with that same tired old rhetoric you're using, and you're making yourself look rather foolish in the process. You cling to your malformed beliefs in the face of facts to the contrary.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see."

aye'

He has a dozen or so lines in his text file, and can only select one of them. His originality is limited to choosing cash, and complaining about the few that don't meet his idea of winning. The rest of worlld, not supporting his analysis doesn't matter. Like you said, blind as a bat!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2006, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

WA Lucky for Life has a $750,000 cash option. Lose for Life doesn't have a cash option in GA (and KY?). The Virginia cash option is only $520,000. Ergo, WA Lucky for Life is a MUCH BETTER game!

CASH Only,

You're obviously ignoring those facts that were clearly pointed out to you about the Washington game. You're sounding like a broken record with that same tired old rhetoric you're using, and you're making yourself look rather foolish in the process. You cling to your malformed beliefs in the face of facts to the contrary.

aye'

He has a dozen or so lines in his text file, and can only select one of them. His originality is limited to choosing cash, and complaining about the few that don't meet his idea of winning. The rest of worlld, not supporting his analysis doesn't matter. Like you said, blind as a bat!

So far, so good: no first prizes after two drawings. The number of second prizes dropped from five to three.

United States
                    Member #6388
                    August 20, 2004
                    3578 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2006, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Crazy

Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #30273
                      January 14, 2006
                      494 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2006, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only,

aye'

So far, so good: no first prizes after two drawings. The number of second prizes dropped from five to three.

And I'm sure you consider this a success for your plans. Whatever Sleep

This isn't even an argument worth having, as you can't even get the name of the game right (delibrately I'll be it, but still). Lotto South is gone. Win for Life is here. There is a cash option in VA. There is no such game as Lose for Life. Amen.

I say let's pack up this discussion thread and more on to more pressing matters.

So, shall we start calling Jeb to get Powerball into Florida? Big Smile

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2006, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I could live easily off of $27,000 a year and not work. Why? Because I am frugal, and make less than that now by choice. Would I live like a millionaire? Probably not, but in my area $27,000 is considered pretty well off. Especially if you do not blow money mindlessly. In fact the average salary in my area is about $15-$20,000 a year.

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: March 6, 2006, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Also as I said many times before, annuity or cash, I could care less. As long as I am able to live better than I currently am now, and work is no longer a factor. Most cash options are not going to cut it, because the 'win for life' games are set up to be more easy to win, and with much lower odds.

Save the cash options for the big games like powerball, and MM. No one loses with a lifetime of checks, only a loser who did not know how to utilize them, or blows it all. A conservative spender could turn a lifetime of checks into a lifetime of happiness. Bring on the $27,000, I won't be complaining.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31360 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2006, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I could live easily off of $27,000 a year and not work. Why? Because I am frugal, and make less than that now by choice. Would I live like a millionaire? Probably not, but in my area $27,000 is considered pretty well off. Especially if you do not blow money mindlessly. In fact the average salary in my area is about $15-$20,000 a year.

there are many who could live comfortably on that.

love to nibble those micey feet.

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2006, 3:10 am - IP Logged

Cash also said that the PA lucky for life would cease to exist shortly after they started it, and that it would fail. Still going strong...