Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would you do with 365 million??

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
paurths's avatar - underground
Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
Belgium
Member #19287
July 29, 2005
2254 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Buy a $11,000 2006 Chevrolet Aveo

$10,000 Trailer house in a Trailer Park

Find a girl that is not a gold digger. After marriage tell her that I'm a millionaire

Adopt a dog and 2 cats

2 cats is a good thing!!!!!!Lovies

One of my cats got hit by a car last wednesday... died instantly... :-(

Perhaps i would buy  such a big piece of land, build a fence around it so no stupid carcowboy who doesn't follow speedlimits can drive over them...

United States
    Member #23806
    October 16, 2005
    188 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Man I love cats. We used to have 5 of them and a german shepard.. we gave them all away when we moved to a new house because my parents didin't want to ruin the freshly built house.

DANGIT

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Right here...can't you see me?
      United States
      Member #21521
      September 10, 2005
      131 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

you'll need protection.and not the police kind,LOL

Yeah but think about how many condoms you could buy!  LOL

I'll invest MOST of it.  Buy a house, but not out right.  (I'll use the interest as a deductable....I'm going to need all the deductables I can get!  LOL)  I hire my family to do stupid stuff....like my Sister would be paid to be my shopping buddy and pay her BIG money to do it.  That way I'm not totally screwed in gift taxes. 

I'd travel.  Give my tithes.  Give to the less fortunate.  Which with that kind of money everyone would be!  LOL.

My biggest thing would be bills.  Not having to EVER worry about them again.  Not having to wonder if I buy these pants....would that make such and such check bounce?  You know?  Just being finiacially worry free.  I will double up or even triple up on insurance for EVERYTHING!  lol

Just to be able to breathe easier......

Ponder

Sounds like M.C.Hammer!!!  LOL

Its hammer time!

Maybe it does....I don't know.  Never really listened to him.  I'll take your word for it.  Wink  I will not, however, go bankrupt and become a preacher. 

(it's just easier to pay employment taxes than gift taxes)

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31343 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Find a girl that is not a gold digger. After marriage tell her that I'm a millionaire

Adopt a dog and 2 cats

One of my cats got hit by a car last wednesday... died instantly... :-(

Perhaps i would buy  such a big piece of land, build a fence around it so no stupid carcowboy who doesn't follow speedlimits can drive over them...

sorry to hear that.

love to nibble those micey feet.

1977's avatar - flower2
          st. pete
          United States
          Member #6680
          September 3, 2004
          1226 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

I would try to be the same person I am/helping  and care for the people in my circle

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
            Member #24380
            October 21, 2005
            623 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Adopt a dog and 2 cats

You go Emily! 

1. I would thank God for entrusting me with such a vast sum and pray that I would adhere to HIS guidelines in the use of it.  The church would automatically get 20 %.
            2.  I would get 2 Rottweilers just like the one we lost.
            3. Take a nice long bath in Olavirum and Rice.
            4. Get the greater cause  (for mankind worldwide!) that I am destined to win a big jackpot for, up and started, rolling out to the world with a quiet Blast.  (mmmmuuuummmm's the word)!  Besides just a little comfort and not having financial stressors overburdening me, I play for this cause.  It will take millions to finance it and the millionaires who could sponsor, it will not, (I've asked) so I've gotta win a big lottery to finance it myself!
            5. Keep the win quiet! {[Now some smart LP members will figure me out}  Right Todd;  Technology invades your privacy and certain things like the ------- is broadcasted everytime you get online] Give my immediate family a very small amount, say $500,000.00 each to see what they would do with it.  Then if they demonstrated they could use it wisely, invest it to make more, then I would definitely give them their millions.
            6. Invest in another play slip, and buy a roll of scratch offs at the only little place in a Parish in Louisiana that I was lucky enough to win a scratch off with dollars instead of another free scratch.  I am just itching  (no pun intended) to win a large scratch-off prize.
              Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
              Member #2399
              September 28, 2003
              143 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2006, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Take the money and run then hide. This way there wouldn't be  much jealousy in the air from people u know. Sooner or later  they will become your enemies, because for them its never enough. Thats what happens most of the time.

United States
                Member #23806
                October 16, 2005
                188 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2006, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Adopt a dog and 2 cats

You go Emily! 

1. I would thank God for entrusting me with such a vast sum and pray that I would adhere to HIS guidelines in the use of it.  The church would automatically get 20 %.
                4. Get the greater cause  (for mankind worldwide!) that I am destined to win a big jackpot for, up and started, rolling out to the world with a quiet Blast.  (mmmmuuuummmm's the word)!  Besides just a little comfort and not having financial stressors overburdening me, I play for this cause.  It will take millions to finance it and the millionaires who could sponsor, it will not, (I've asked) so I've gotta win a big lottery to finance it myself!
                5. Keep the win quiet! {[Now some smart LP members will figure me out}  Right Todd;  Technology invades your privacy and certain things like the ------- is broadcasted everytime you get online] Give my immediate family a very small amount, say $500,000.00 each to see what they would do with it.  Then if they demonstrated they could use it wisely, invest it to make more, then I would definitely give them their millions.
                6. Invest in another play slip, and buy a roll of scratch offs at the only little place in a Parish in Louisiana that I was lucky enough to win a scratch off with dollars instead of another free scratch.  I am just itching  (no pun intended) to win a large scratch-off prize.

Thanking God? But isnt' Gambling a sin? At least in the Catholic faith it is.  Forgive me father for I have sinned.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                  Member #24380
                  October 21, 2005
                  623 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2006, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Adopt a dog and 2 cats

You go Emily! 

Thanking God? But isnt' Gambling a sin? At least in the Catholic faith it is.  Forgive me father for I have sinned.

No 'Neck, gambling is Blue Angelnot a sin according to the scriptures.  The faith I adhere to is NON-DENOMINATIONAL.  And I am a devout adherer to the faith I profess to and I am well-versed in the Holy Scriptures. The word lottery is derived from the word lot.  (this link has some info on the derivitativesL; http://www.cciltd.com/Lottery/lottery.html. Lots were used to choose one of the apostles (chance involved) after the betrayal by Judas and Judas's subsequent suicide.  The apostle chosen by lot was Matthias [26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.Acts1:26 (KJV)].  {pm me if you want more info}

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2006, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

What would I do with $365 ?....Well the first thing I'd do is give about 183 million to the Federal and state governments.

Because if I didn't, they'd put me in prison. It's called "taxes".

So then I wouldn't have 365 million anymore. And I'd have to think about what I'd do with 182 million.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: February 16, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I agree with my lollipop. I was really surprised when the Salvation Army gave back $1.4M to a man who won the FL lottery a few years ago. They said they couldn't accept money from gambling. Think of all the people that money would feed. I did respect them for sticking to their beliefs however.

As far as what I'll do, I have no idea. I know I would stop worrying about how to make enough money to pay my bills!! This is what I hope I'll do.

First I hope a lot of my anxiety will disappear and I will feel relaxed enough to take a long vacation. Then I'll buy a reasonably comfortable, but not luxurious, home on the East Coast of FL so my family can visit my father anytime (he's 91) and have a place to stay. I can always sell it later. I don't really like Florida, so I'll probably buy a nice log cabin with a mountain view and some land near Asheville, NC and/or buy a ranch/farm so I can adopt some dogs and horses from a shelter for abused animals. I never had children of my own, but with all that money I probably won't have too much trouble finding an agency that will let a woman over 50 adopt a couple of children. If not, I can fly to Asia. There are needy children everywhere. I don't want little babies at my age (haven't got the energy) but I'd really like to change a child's life and I also think I have a lot of love to give back. As far as giving money away goes, I would probably give a generous amount to my 2 sisters, but I'm afraid they might not be satisfied with my gift, so I honestly don't know if I'd tell anyone right away. That would be a tough decision.

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
                        Member #2399
                        September 28, 2003
                        143 Posts
                        Posted: February 16, 2006, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

I would run and hide. Its the only way to protect yourself and your assets from the jealous people around you. Because in most cases at the end you'll end up being their worst enemy anyway.  For the reasons unknown their thinking goes like this " you win, you must share".

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                          Right here...can't you see me?
                          United States
                          Member #21521
                          September 10, 2005
                          131 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

As far as my belief, I believe its a sin if it comes between you and God. Gambling and NOT feeding your family or doing ANYTHING else is a sin. Gambling and still living life and not just pinning all your hopes and stuff on winning, then it's ok.

I'm just hoping I don't have any "bad" qualities the money is going to enhance! LOL Like Jack!

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                            california
                            United States
                            Member #23475
                            October 13, 2005
                            659 Posts
                            Posted: February 17, 2006, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Adopt a dog and 2 cats

I love the second half of this answer, LOL

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                              california
                              United States
                              Member #23475
                              October 13, 2005
                              659 Posts
                              Posted: February 17, 2006, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I would try to be the same person I am/helping  and care for the people in my circle

Nice answer, you go guy!

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"