Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Use the post to post and the forum to tal

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2006, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Here's a thought:

Why don't we just let Todd run his own website? His performance has always been satisfactory in the past, so is it really necessary or even desirable to let someone else call the shots?

I've read the rules page, and I don't recall seeing anything there that requires me to read every post. Consequently, on rare occasions when I don't find anything interesting on the forum, I just don't read those posts. It's really very easy. Sometimes, I have not read hundreds of posts, all at the same time, in a matter of only a few minutes!

Just a suggestion ...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

LiLSpeedy's avatar - 2714
    Decatur, GA
    United States
    Member #20471
    August 18, 2005
    2669 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23349 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2006, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

Tenaj, you say that "I asked."  But I never asked anything of you.  You came on this topic and started spouting off about how Tntea is "grandstanding" by simply posting a PM she received.

It didn't seem to bother the person who she quoted, so why the heck would it bother you?!

Oh yeah, because she's "grandstanding".

Then you go on to prove how bad the practice of posting PMs is by ... posting PMs!!

If you and whoever sent you those PMs want to complain to each other in private, then who cares?  But to bring your private grudges onto the public forums is in poor taste.

There is nothing "factual" about Tntea "grandstanding".  That is your opinion.  And I don't share it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Applause.

Applause.

Applause.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4054 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2006, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

Tenaj, you say that "I asked."  But I never asked anything of you.  You came on this topic and started spouting off about how Tntea is "grandstanding" by simply posting a PM she received.

It didn't seem to bother the person who she quoted, so why the heck would it bother you?!

Then you go on to prove how bad the practice of posting PMs is by ... posting PMs!!

If you and whoever sent you those PMs want to complain to each other in private, then who cares?  But to bring your private grudges onto the public forums is in poor taste.

There is nothing "factual" about Tntea "grandstanding".  That is your opinion.  And I don't share it.

CoolThere's a lot of things on this forum that is in poor taste but it's a matter of whose got the thickest skin. 

takeemtothebank

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2006, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

todd....thank goodness for your ignore feature.the person who is slamming tntea also tried that same tactic a while back with me and i just put it to the ignore pasture,lol....i agree with jim.i think todd does a good job.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2006, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

CoolThere's a lot of things on this forum that is in poor taste but it's a matter of whose got the thickest skin. 

if you don't like it don't read it.whats so hard to understand about that??? i think todd does a good job here and with so many people here sometimes every post isn't going to be a classic,lol.

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                Redford/MI
                United States
                Member #3396
                January 18, 2004
                4867 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

While we are in discussion mode, I just want to know 1 thing Jim695

Who in the world is "pinky"?  Jester

L ttaL   T

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31537 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

todd - when i open home page - would rather not see 4-6 messages in a row by tntne - that's my OPINION and i think a lot of members share it.  thanks.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                    Charlotte NC
                    United States
                    Member #17406
                    June 18, 2005
                    4054 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

todd....thank goodness for your ignore feature.the person who is slamming tntea also tried that same tactic a while back with me and i just put it to the ignore pasture,lol....i agree with jim.i think todd does a good job.

Yes NodLottomike, you are the one that started that "favorite lottery poster member" poll not me.  More than me got in your case for that.  You are the one that had LP members at each other throats.  People don't complain about my stupid polls but they complain about yours.  You can't say anything about "slamming," because you dedicated a whole blog telling how much you couldn't stand somebody.  The pot shouldn't call the kettle black. 

In fact one of the last things someone said in the thread was this:

just one question?? what nuckle head wanted to start a popularity contest...to see if someone was paying attention to him/her??? there are alot of people that I like on this site and visit them for different reasons....that is why I voted for other...not going to feed someones ego...sorry..just the way I feel

So don't start with me Lottomike.  It's not like you are without strife.  Nobody told you to do that stupid poll.

takeemtothebank

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                      Redford/MI
                      United States
                      Member #3396
                      January 18, 2004
                      4867 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

todd - when i open home page - would rather not see 4-6 messages in a row by tntne - that's my OPINION and i think a lot of members share it.  thanks.

EmilyG, you're a platinum member so to end your unwanted problems

Go to private inbox
                      click on buddy/block list
                      Type in the member's name that you want blocked Then hide the member's forum posts

It's that simple to do!

Some people are making this much harder than it has to be. 

Leave the girl alone...she likes posting so let her post. 

You don't like seeing it, so hide it.

L ttaL   T

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31537 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

EmilyG, you're a platinum member so to end your unwanted problems

Go to private inbox
                        click on buddy/block list
                        Type in the member's name that you want blocked Then hide the member's forum posts

It's that simple to do!

she is blocked.  but i still have to see her name taking up 1/2 of the homepage.  call it petty - really gripes me.  why can't she combine messages.  they are not that important.

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23349 Posts
                          Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

...And I'm sure some people feel the same way about your posts, but you don't see them griping publicly about it.

Tenaj, I guess you've now moved on to Lotto Mike, calling him a "nuckle head", and saying he created a "stupid poll".  Which statements did he make that prompted you to attack him?  Please quote the exact statement, because I surely can't see it.  The only thing I see is him being supportive of this website.

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31537 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Jim, AMEN!  Yes!

...And I'm sure some people feel the same way about your posts, but you don't see them griping publicly about it.

Tenaj, I guess you've now moved on to Lotto Mike, calling him a "nuckle head", and saying he created a "stupid poll".  Which statements did he make that prompted you to attack him?  Please quote the exact statement, because I surely can't see it.  The only thing I see is him being supportive of this website.

if they did gripe - i would be respectful of this community and cut-back. 

this is your "house" - do what you want.  just expressing my feelings.

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23349 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2006, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I think you be a little offended if someone were to cut you down publicly, when all you were doing was being yourself.  That's a natural reaction, because it's not anything you did -- the person doing the tongue-lashing is the one who should not have done it.

Everyone is different, and there seems to be a severe shortage of tolerance among some lately.