Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would u try to remain anonymous?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Dream.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would u try to remain anonymous if u hit the jackpot?

Yes [ 36 ]  [78.26%]
No [ 6 ]  [13.04%]
Depends [ 4 ]  [8.70%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2006, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Chewie wrote:  "Thousands of rich people walk around every day, and no one bothers them. "I Agree!

Exactly what I just wrote on another thread.  (By the way, Chewie, Shania supposedly lives up the

road, but she's never invited me over for a drink.)

If you had a hundred million dollars, she might!  Marth probably wouldn't talk to you, but Shania might.

If the only reason is because I won millions, I probably wouldn't want to be her buddy. By the way, although I don't hang out with any of them (never been asked) lots of celebrities live here, yet few people I know have ever talked to any of them. I doubt if they would even drive down my street! They usually socialize within their own circle of friends, and I'm sure a few have bodyguards, but I've never heard of anyone being threatened or stalked. Sure, once in a while someone will name drop "Oh, there's Tom Cruise's mother" but people like Stephen Spielberg and Mike Ditka must quietly hop around to their favorite spots or I simply haven't noticed them. (That said, I have a very boring social life!) Then there are those who don't care what anyone thinks. A couple of years ago I worked in a furniture store and greeted a couple and, like an idiot, I said "You look familiar. Have I helped you before?" My boss whispered in my ear "that's Judge Judy and Judge Jerry." This was in an crummy outlet store too! So even the rich & famous shop for bargains. (and they weren't carrying any weapons that I could see...just doing what everyone else does on a Sunday afternoon.) 

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
    Member #2399
    September 28, 2003
    143 Posts
    Posted: March 14, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Remain anonymous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If possible. Save yourself trouble