Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Filmmakers direct lottery documentary

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2006, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Jim

It seems to me that perhaps you should call Laura on the phone and talk to her, it can do no harm and who knows? It might help.

Think about it, while she is still listenning to people.

I myself would like to talk to her about state lottery corruption and about their UNHOLY aliance with GTECH and other such companies, but I don't dare, you are bolder than me and besides you have some kind of real proof on your losing tickets and payouts stats and I don't.

Good luck.

Columbia City, Indiana
    United States
    Member #2978
    December 9, 2003
    381 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm not being negative; not intentionally, anyway.

I wish them the best of luck with their new movie, and anything LosingJeff and I can do to help would certainly be done. However, laura2006la was very specific in pointing out that "this is NOT a reality show or news investigation."

Given the nature of our quest, where do LosingJeff and I fit in? What we have to offer is exactly what she said she didn't want - news and reality.

"You all know me here; when have I ever refused an accomodation? Except one time; and why? Because I believe this [crooked lottery] business is going to destroy us in the years to come ..." (one of my favorite lines from The Godfather, 1972; poetic license aside, it seems appropriate here).

LosingJeff and I have never refused to help anyone; we're LP.com members, too, after all; it's just not in our nature.

Unfortunately, the news, like the law, only works after the fact. What LosingJeff and I are working on is news, or will be, once this little comedy plays itself out. The last couple of weeks have brought some very interesting developments which I'm not at liberty to discuss at this time, but stay tuned (you guys won't believe what happened; I couldn't believe it myself).

Film at eleven ...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20119 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2006, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

while I can see there are a lot of players who are chasing the dream, and there are players whom are unsatisfied with their lottery, both sides of the coin are just.

It doesn't appear to be a plug for the documentary, and it would'nt hurt to tell your sides of the story. this way all angles are covered, contact laura and see what it is she is looking for exactley.

I think it's a head start in the right direction for the lottery...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2006, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Chewie sell her your story for a few million

Sounds like a way to make money and become popular - for them.  Nothing for the people with the stories.  Typical liberal position.  Make life better, as long as they make a buck out of it.  Like movie stars that make millions a movie, the crew get union wages.  Then they thank the little people - with a smile.  It's like the joke at the Oscars, look at the gowns and jewlery - then feel sorry about the piracy of movies.  Piracy reduces the profit for $100M to $99M.  I have never seen a Rap Star in welfare line because of piracy!  I  have never seen any one who participates in a poll eating lunch with the rich!  Only those who run the polls - or make the movies!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10353 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2006, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

jim695

You couldn't buy the kind of publicity thst might result from her offer. Personally, I don't bet football because I'm pretty sure it's not on the up and up all the time, and have seen things that convinced me that might be the case. Try and convonce people that and they refuse to believe that their heroes (includes boxers!) would be involved in something like that. And the bookies laugh all the way to the bank.

Chewie 

Is there a tin hat emotie here? Gee, lighten up a little.  

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2006, 8:51 pm - IP Logged
            Chewie 

Is there a tin hat emotie here? Gee, lighten up a little.  

What?  Everything I said was the factual truth!  They are wanting to accomplish it with minimum expense into any one's pocket but their own.  A Typical Hollywood business proposition.  Next time there is a movie made in your town, look around and see who gets rich off the effort.  None of the local yokels!  Next time a television show is filmed in your area, see who is treated like royality, and see who is shoved off to a side street, or has their car towed away.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Coastal Georgia
              United States
              Member #2653
              October 30, 2003
              1866 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2006, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Exactly Chewie.

Look at the Oscar awards last week- Millions of dollars of jewelry worn for what ? To rub it in the faces of the little people.

Look at all the fawning done over George Clooney - Hell, I thought that Entertainment Tonight / Access Hollywood, etc...were running a GC special they devoted so much time to him. For a minute I thought he was dead they were so busy wiping his _ _ _.

GEEZ, there WERE other people there.....

Look, here's the deal- we play the lottery and hope to win. What possible "revelation" can we possibly provide to this documentary ?

You want a real story go see Jack Whittaker.

DD

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: March 9, 2006, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Nobody is being hostile about it. This simple fact is that we are on a mission. A documentary about Lottery and the American Dream will not help our cause. We are not looking for that type of exposure. We are confident in our own abilities and goals.

I think the real question in your case is are you confident in the Indiana State Lottery.

I have a feeling the ideal candidate they are looking for will be either from the south, living in a trailer park or both. 

Coastal Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #2653
                  October 30, 2003
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2006, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Nobody is being hostile about it. This simple fact is that we are on a mission. A documentary about Lottery and the American Dream will not help our cause. We are not looking for that type of exposure. We are confident in our own abilities and goals.

I think the real question in your case is are you confident in the Indiana State Lottery.

I have a feeling the ideal candidate they are looking for will be either from the south, living in a trailer park or both. 

Hey.... easy on the South....I resemble that remark !!

As I've heard before on Springer:

" I make the payments on this trailer, I say what goes on in it "

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                    United States
                    Member #19651
                    August 3, 2005
                    621 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I live in the South  (ATL) and my other home is in Mississippi (fell off it's blocks)  love them Hollywood people    Hate news people

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
                      Greenfield
                      United States
                      Member #3587
                      February 2, 2004
                      557 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2006, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Today, movies are thrown together today like flour and dough. Its amazing how many movies are made so quickly. The days of great movies are gone. Here are some great movies:

Sands of Iwo Jima

Gone With the Wind

Shane

Slingblade

The Great Santini

The Sullivan Brothers

Great Actors are: The Duke; Vivian Leigh; Olivia DeHavilland; Norma Shearer; Victor Mature; Kirk Douglas; Robert Ryan; Gregory Peck; Adele Mara; Michael Douglas; Jeff Chandler; Forest Tucker; John Agar; Robert Duvall; William Holden; Francis Gifford; June Allyson; Alan Ladd; Donna Reed; Gary Cooper; Jimmy Stewart; Henry Fonda; Heddy Lamar; Bob Hope; Ann Margaret; Stephanie Powers, just to mention a few!

Bob Hope is a Great American and did so much for the Country.

Todays actors cant match these GREAT afforementioned people. I only wish that they were all here making those great movies. God Bless them all!

By the way, Adele Mara is my favorite actress. If anyone knows how I can get her autograph please let me know. Oh well, enough daydreaming of days long gone.

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

love slingblade jeff.i just got through watching it earlier.....how bout some french fried pertaters!!

Greenfield
                          United States
                          Member #3587
                          February 2, 2004
                          557 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2006, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I wrote the Dave Letterman show and asked if they might help me get Adele Mara's autograph, but I never heard back from them.

Semper Fi MAc!

Greenfield
                            United States
                            Member #3587
                            February 2, 2004
                            557 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2006, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

I like that potted meat! Alright then.

Greenfield
                              United States
                              Member #3587
                              February 2, 2004
                              557 Posts
                              Posted: March 9, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Today, movies are thrown together today like flour and dough. Its amazing how many movies are made so quickly. The days of great movies are gone. Here are some great movies:

Sands of Iwo Jima

Gone With the Wind

Shane

Slingblade

The Great Santini

The Sullivan Brothers

Great Actors are: The Duke; Vivian Leigh; Olivia DeHavilland; Norma Shearer; Victor Mature; Kirk Douglas; Robert Ryan; Gregory Peck; Adele Mara; Michael Douglas; Jeff Chandler; Forest Tucker; John Agar; Robert Duvall; William Holden; Francis Gifford; June Allyson; Alan Ladd; Donna Reed; Gary Cooper; Jimmy Stewart; Henry Fonda; Heddy Lamar; Bob Hope; Ann Margaret; Stephanie Powers, just to mention a few!

Bob Hope is a Great American and did so much for the Country.

Todays actors cant match these GREAT afforementioned people. I only wish that they were all here making those great movies. God Bless them all!

By the way, Adele Mara is my favorite actress. If anyone knows how I can get her autograph please let me know. Oh well, enough daydreaming of days long gone.

I really miss the good ole days! Miss Mara if you are out there, could I please have your autograph.