Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prediction Challenge

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Thoth.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2006, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

"Not trying to start a debate with you on the issue, but having a theory and buying tickets (and actually winning!) amounts to nothing more than luck unless it can be done repeatedly, consistanly, and in a frequency of more than what random chance would allow for."

Maybe so, but fortunately if one wins a jackpot one does not have to go back to keep trying to determine if it was luck or skill. All it takes is one win, and your playing days could be over if you wanted them to be. Or you could keep wasting more money trying to figure the lottery.

Thoth's avatar - binary
    Findlay, Ohio
    United States
    Member #4855
    May 28, 2004
    400 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2006, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Very true sirbrad.....I think if I ever one the big one (mega millions or powerball) I would probably keep playing....but at a much higher level.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2006, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind trying to crack the big 4, daily number, and cash 5. At least then the losses would not hurt as bad. But money seems to attract money, so I would not be surprised if I actually started hitting more.

Thoth's avatar - binary
        Findlay, Ohio
        United States
        Member #4855
        May 28, 2004
        400 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2006, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Who knows what would happen if you could occasionally afford to spend $1,000 on a single drawing for the larger games - especially if you had a decent strategy.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~