Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

one huge nationwide jackpot game

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

if mega millions and powerball combine will you play?

yes.i'll play the game [ 23 ]  [79.31%]
no.i'll not play the new game [ 3 ]  [10.34%]
not sure at this time [ 3 ]  [10.34%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2006, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

if mega millions and powerball combined into one huge nationwide game do you think it will be a good thing or a bad thing? will you play the new game?

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2006, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

what do you think a fair matrix will be?   someone like jimmysand will be good at figuring out what the game would be structured like.....

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5114 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

if mega millions and powerball combined into one huge nationwide game do you think it will be a good thing or a bad thing? will you play the new game?

WE vote........."YES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LM$$$$

WHY......................."NOT">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?????????

we have a CD on" e-bay ".........selling for $80 to $100 ........a POP$$$

it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miranda.....ODK

this turned out to be a COLLECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........MABY YOU HAVE

FOUND a winner$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

(this has nothing to do with the jackpot, we will not collect a DIME...)

KEEP lottery players  HAPPY and the state will make MONEY!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I voted yes, even though the odds would be a google to one, but I figure after any odds over a million to one, it dosen't matter. If It's my turn, I'll hit it. LOL

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2006, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Yes, and maybe if they combine the jackpot will be CASH ONLY, the way it should be!

barbos's avatar - gold bar-and-cash1.jpg
            California
            United States
            Member #23908
            October 17, 2005
            122 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2006, 2:55 am - IP Logged

Well it would also be nice to combine MM, PB, Euromillions and if possible China lottery too... Then we could expect multibillion jackpots. I wonder what would the odds be like. Unhappy

md
              United States
              Member #14047
              April 20, 2005
              579 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2006, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I would play only because the two would have become one.  Do I think it a good idea?  My answer is no.  I like the distinct and uniqueness of each, and when one large jackpot gets hit, the other is growing and will be up next.  It adds more flavor to this hobby to have both.  Just my opinion!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2006, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Why not, I would not be complaining about being a billionaire.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                  Member #24380
                  October 21, 2005
                  623 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2006, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I voted yes, but I would only go for it if the funds were for a different cause. like natural disasters.  They are coming to us in droves for the next ten years ya'll.  All over the USA.  Drought for lack of rain causing fires---look at Texas now; lives and homes lost!  Look at the gulf coast from Katrina last year, thousands dead, hundreds still not accounted for, dead still being found!  Look at Florida in 2004.  FOUR major hurricanes!  Floods in the east in 2004 loss of property and lives.  And God help us, September 11!

The National Weather Service has correctly predicted more hurricanes.  Look at this winter; not cold enough.  Water too warm; will spawn tropical storms>>>>to hurricanes of the magnitude of category 3 and above.  Global warming...out of control.  Our coffers are going to be depleted.  Funds for a natural disaster instead of education would be good.  When there is a hurricane, the schools are included in the destruction.  No good if you have no home or school to go to.  Help is needed in getting back on your feet.  And ya'll, unless you have been through the claims jungle, you do not begin to understand the *)^#@(*+ they put you through!  Well, this and that.  You pay your premiums and they try to find a way to worm out of paying you when you file a claim!!!!  It's a mess.  Any LP member residing in hurricane territory can attest to this!

CryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCrying

Okay, another speech about a national lottery for disaters only.

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #29196
                    December 29, 2005
                    280 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2006, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I can see it now:

Coming to a state or county near you...the world's first multinational lottery:

Gigaball!

With a guranteed minimum jackpot of a million, billion, trillion, quadzillion, quintillion, septillion, octillion, bazillion, kazillion dollars!

Just match 12 numbers from a field of 1000 and match the Gigaball from a field of 500 and you win the jackpot!

And for a limited time only choose our Gigaplier option.  You can wisely choose to multiply your prize up to 1000 X's!

Odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 999,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.  Overall odds of winning anything range from slim to none.  Estimated backloaded annuity jackpot paid over 200 years.  Cash value is approximately 1/1000th of 1% of the estimated annuity value.  Gigaplier is chosen before the draw and does not apply to the jackpot or to states or countries with small sales as it might bankrupt the game.  Jackpot winners have 180 minutes to claim their prize.  All drawings conducted by a computerized RNG and will not be shown in any media.  Any one who wishes to see a drawing  can do so in person at lottery headquarters in Slobo City, Lower Slobobia.  At the lottery's discretion nobody will win anything. 

Jim 

(Do I seem a bit cynical to you?) 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2006, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

lol,jim that was the funniest thing i've seen in a while.strange thing is something like that could almost very well happen on the road we are heading on.hot lotto just went computerized and i think the MUSL next step will be to computerized powerball and raise the matrix again......

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #29196
                        December 29, 2005
                        280 Posts
                        Posted: March 18, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Actually Mike, I favor a National or Federal lottery.  I think it would be a great idea.  Someone suggested in this thread that the money be used for disaster relief...which isn't really a bad idea.  But I think an even better use of the money would be to shore up the Social Security system.  I think they could make that whole rotten system solvent within a few years and still have money left over to reduce the National Debt.

My problem is I'm just so disgusted with what the states (MUSL) have done to Powerball that I can't imagine what those weasels in Washington would do if they ran a lottery.  No doubt there'd be many a self-rigtheous, sanctimonious, hypocrtical Presidential wannabe ranting and raving against the evils of gambling  but if it ever did come to pass I can't help but think it would be a scam the likes of which would dwarf my Gigaball post. 

Still and all, the ranting and raving done by these mindless morons doesn't stop them (and the IRS) from taking (and spending) tax money from lottery winners across the country.  So perhaps some of them could be pursuaded by the lure of a never ending stream of revenue a national Lottery would create.  But to be sure many of them would be against it.  And of course if it ever did pass we'd no doubt have another federal bureaucracy run like the Post Office or the Department of Education or God forbid...the Department of Homeland Security.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: March 18, 2006, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

a lot of good points you made there jim.its scary how this government thinks it has all the answers because anybody thats smart can tell that there are serious problems with washington.these people have a lot of power but they don't have a lot of common sense and thats a lethal combination.........

United States
                            Member #1826
                            July 11, 2003
                            2645 Posts
                            Posted: March 18, 2006, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

It all depends on whether the game is good or not.

(insert signature here)

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                              Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #416
                              June 23, 2002
                              1614 Posts
                              Posted: March 18, 2006, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

If the US Government decides to have a "federal" lottery it should be something like Spain has twice a year.

Just one or two huge drawings that the whole nations turns into to watch and see the millions or in the US could be billions spread to people all over the country.

Brad