Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

one huge nationwide jackpot game

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

if mega millions and powerball combine will you play?

yes.i'll play the game [ 23 ]  [79.31%]
no.i'll not play the new game [ 3 ]  [10.34%]
not sure at this time [ 3 ]  [10.34%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2006, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

never say never.anything is possible.what may seem useless one year is suddenly all the rage the next.......

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

"Actually Mike, I favor a National or Federal lottery.  I think it would be a great idea.  Someone suggested in this thread that the money be used for disaster relief...which isn't really a bad idea.  But I think an even better use of the money would be to shore up the Social Security system.  I think they could make that whole rotten system solvent within a few years and still have money left over to reduce the National Debt."

Great idea! I just don't trust the Federal Government, not just because of dishonesty but because of its incompetence. But as long as the odds weren't any more astronomical than PB or MM, I'd probably buy a ticket.  I think it could also be used to develop a national health plan for under 65 people. I'm one of those people who makes just enough to pay my rent, but can't get medical assistance like my lazy neighbors who drink beer all day because I take care of myself. This is why I don't like Federal programs. There is so much abuse and it's out of control. Look at the millions that were squandered by the people who got debit cards after Katrina. Isn't it comforting to know your taxes were spent on tattoos, massages and condoms?

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I also favor a completely tax free lottery, the way it should be. I think Canada has this.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2006, 9:35 am - IP Logged

I also favor a completely tax free lottery, the way it should be. I think Canada has this.

they will never let this happen here.....