Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why play the pick 4?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2006, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

i think there are other methods too.go to the website and check it out.

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
    louisville, Ky
    United States
    Member #4928
    June 3, 2004
    142 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2006, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

"To get rich beyond your wildest dream"

Yep, that's why many people only play Power Ball and Mega Millions when the jackpot is over 100 million. And they bet the longshots at the horse and dog tracks even though they "knew" the favorite would win.

Why waste your money on the pick 3 and 4 when for a buck we all can take a chance of changing our lives.  Who cares that the odds are 175 million to one?

Stack

sorry but I live paycheck to paycheck.  $5000 and up is alot of money to me.  Maybe when that NBA contract comes, I sign a 4 major picture deal, I take over at Microsoft or something similar then I'll play the $200 million dollar jackpots but until then that occassional  $900 win or chance at $5000 helps me more than dreaming for pie in the sky dreams

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7313 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2006, 2:32 am - IP Logged
      LMAO

I was being facetious. 

I agree; $5000 is a great hit and $200 for a 24-way box or $400 for a 12-way box is pretty good too.

Stack
        LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2006, 2:48 am - IP Logged

"To get rich beyond your wildest dream"

Yep, that's why many people only play Power Ball and Mega Millions when the jackpot is over 100 million. And they bet the longshots at the horse and dog tracks even though they "knew" the favorite would win.

Why waste your money on the pick 3 and 4 when for a buck we all can take a chance of changing our lives.  Who cares that the odds are 175 million to one?

Stack

sorry but I live paycheck to paycheck.  $5000 and up is alot of money to me.  Maybe when that NBA contract comes, I sign a 4 major picture deal, I take over at Microsoft or something similar then I'll play the $200 million dollar jackpots but until then that occassional  $900 win or chance at $5000 helps me more than dreaming for pie in the sky dreams

me and you are a lot alike.i got a little nest egg to fall back on because of pick 3 and pick 4.can't say i got doodly squat playing these jackpot games.although they are fun and its good to dream i'm being more realistic after all i got mouths to feed and bodies to dress.

NY
          United States
          Member #31362
          January 28, 2006
          78 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2006, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

I *Ditto > *Four4me Blue Angel

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7313 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2006, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

When people stop at the store and buy 10 or 20 auto picks on the Mega Millions, do they really expect to win the jackpot? Or are they just hoping they can beat the odds like the people they see on TV holding that huge cardboard check?

The Mega Millions website says the overall chances of winning a prize are 1 in 40 so I guess we should feel lucky if we win 2 bucks on 20 auto picks.

The multi-state lotteries were created so huge jackpots could be generated to entice people that don't usually play the lottery. More play means higher profits for the individual state lotteries.

Maybe codmander will explain why he believes people only play the multi-state lotteries "To take money from the greedy state lottery system" when his method of play creates the opposite effect.

Stack