Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Jackpot Idea - The Rollover Ball

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is your opinion of the "rollover" ball idea?

Worst idea - ever [ 9 ]  [50.00%]
Good idea [ 7 ]  [38.89%]
Bad idea but will get used anyways [ 2 ]  [11.11%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

United States
Member #16612
June 2, 2005
3493 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2006, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

It's a good idea especially if they have 0 and/or 00 as the bonus ball. Most quick picks will have numbers ranging from 1 to the maximum number. With this idea, if 0 or 00 come out as bonus, it will roll no matter what.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2006, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

How bout a wild ball added to the white balls an if it is drawn you can plug into any nonmatched number on an individual playline? so say you mathced two white balls and the wild ball is drawn that would make it three matched and increase you prize amount. What ya think?

I'd buy that for a dollar. Thumbs Up

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:15 am - IP Logged

An extra white ball would give all the 4 of 5 winners one more shot at 5 + 0 but there would have to be an extra prize for 5 of 5 plus extra. Overall the extra white ball seems like a good idea to me.

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2006, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a wild ball, when drawn, would practically guarantee a jackpot win every time, so I don't see that happening. If the jackpot gets won too often, like it did in winter of 2005, sales tank, as it appears PB/MM players would rather dream about winning than actually win.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a wild ball, when drawn, would practically guarantee a jackpot win every time, so I don't see that happening. If the jackpot gets won too often, like it did in winter of 2005, sales tank, as it appears PB/MM players would rather dream about winning than actually win.

A "wild ball" might work if it doesn't affect the jackpot.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

A "wild ball" might work if it doesn't affect the jackpot.

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Then the wild ball would guarantee nobody wins the jackpot. That wouldn't really be fair to those who had the four non-wild white balls and the red Powerball.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2006, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

The wild ball is added to the Powerball/Megaball pool not the white balls. A seperate 5+wild ball prize would be created. The pot would automatically roll.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2006, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

The wild ball is added to the Powerball/Megaball pool not the white balls. A seperate 5+wild ball prize would be created. The pot would automatically roll.

That's a great idea. But we may never see it.