Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Need your help

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by bellyache.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
SassyOhio's avatar - Picture012
Columbus Ohio
United States
Member #35946
March 25, 2006
234 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2006, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Hello my fellow post memebers. Alot of you may know me some of you may not. My name is Karrie A.K.A. Sassy. Monday morning I lost my 33 year old sister Wendy. This is the 2nd sister that I have lost. The 1st sister that I lost 12 years ago was 16. With stacy my parents did not have life insurance on her and by the grace of GOD since she passed away at Childrens Hospital here in Columbus, there memorial Funds Foundation paid for everything to get her buried. Wendy did not have life insurance and she has 3 children. I am the only one to take care of her children and I promised her that I would. Since Wendy was not a minor there is no memorial state funded funds available to help with her burial. Now that I have 3 new children to support and as well as my own they funeral home is wanting paid if course and is giving me some time to try to raise the money or see what foundations may help me. If any one knows of anything or any type of foundations PLEASE  can you let me know!!! I was able to get it down to a balance so far of 5,400 that is still owed. I am 31 years old and never been put in this situation before and am clueless on what is out there for help. As well if you know of anyone who would like to donate any thing to her memorial funds my best friend set a account up at 5th 3rd bank  and can be sent to any location She is also setting some thing up with PayPal per some donors request. Then the bank will be forwarding it to the Funeral home. The memorial fund is listed under  Wendy Henderson/Pennington. If you know of any orginizations or just a personal donation to her fund please pass along the info or feel free to contact me.  Thanks so much 

Hopin To Be The Lucky Ones!!

COME ON MEGA! MEGA-ME-RICH!

Please feel free to visit my sisters memorial page that I have now completed

www.freewebs.com/wendyinmyheartforever

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31349 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2006, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

very sorry to hear about your loss.

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
      Member #31636
      February 1, 2006
      256 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2006, 2:15 am - IP Logged

Hi Sassy,
      My prayers are with you.
      Let us know the details about Paypal.
      I'm willing to help.

angelm's avatar - anne
        richmond ky.
        United States
        Member #15877
        May 22, 2005
        8472 Posts
        Posted: May 5, 2006, 8:31 am - IP Logged

Sorry for your loss=God bless!

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
          Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
          United States
          Member #26084
          November 14, 2005
          199 Posts
          Posted: May 5, 2006, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

I can't express enough how sorry I am for your loss, please accept my deepest sympathies and know that my prayers are with all of you. May God bless you and comfort you in your hour of grief.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

Columbus Ohio
            United States
            Member #35946
            March 25, 2006
            234 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Hi Sassy,
            My prayers are with you.
            Let us know the details about Paypal.
            I'm willing to help.

Tinker Thank you so much for your support  Thank you ALL for you condolences.

Tinker the papay  is  wendymemorialfund@yahoo.com

The Bank that has a memeorial fund is 5th 3rd bank  under the account Wendy Henderson/Pennington. Donations can be made at any branch. Thank you so much  your support has given these girls hope I just talked to her middle daughter and told her that there we people coming to help and she started crying and said to tell u all thank you so much

United States
              Member #20286
              August 15, 2005
              4 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2006, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Sassy sorry to hear of this terrible chain of events every state has what is called an emergency indigent fund available to it for burial, catastrophic health cost etc. THIS a one time use only channeled to you thru your state health welfare agencies, this will not work if among all members in the household you have more three thousand dollars available in assetsIE 1500 checking, 1795 savings conyact local Saint Vincent Depaul foundation and Salvation Army, this will not also work if parents have ridiculous balances on credit cards not related to illness cost

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31349 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2006, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

what about social security and churches helping.  there is help available.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Columbus Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #35946
                  March 25, 2006
                  234 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2006, 1:49 am - IP Logged

I spoke to SSI today and he girls are eligablefor ssi survival benefits but it will take 60 to 90 days to get it started.  The state will only help in the burial if we cremated her and THAT was NOT going to be a option. So there for they gave no funds. that is why were trying to raise the money to pay for this. I just have to figure out how to get through the next 90 days with the girls and hope that we get enough donations and raise enough to pay for the funeral and to get the girls what they need Thanks for all your support

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
                    texas
                    United States
                    Member #4689
                    May 17, 2004
                    4121 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2006, 2:09 am - IP Logged

So sry about your loss. may God bless you and your family.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2006, 2:11 am - IP Logged

i'm 31 myself.i have two babies so i definitely know how hard it is.i will definitely be looking into seeing what kind of help i can find.i'm really sorry and i'll be here if ya need any advice.........

United States
                        Member #20286
                        August 15, 2005
                        4 Posts
                        Posted: May 6, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry to hear your steadfast descion against cremation I myself am a disabled police officer leaving with no living relatives on a fixed SSDI budget we all have to make scacrifices

I opted for cremation with a burial plot and prepaid head stone total costs 1500 dollars i can't see the need for a 5000 dollar funeral.that money you want raise for the children could be otherwise best spent on there WELFARE not whats going in the ground I think you about to learn some fast growing up and not the easy way.

Wait to next year when the children go for a review of benifits you better have not collected a large some of money that exceed 3000 dollars or otherwise SSI will be cut off and they the children will have to pay back the differential better you learn the ropes of SSI SSDI

These government out pays have VERY STRICT guidlines especially for orphined children and there NOT kind to raised donations applied to out pays NOT related to the children expense

WWW> Social Sequrity.gov

Columbus Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #35946
                          March 25, 2006
                          234 Posts
                          Posted: May 6, 2006, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

James  Thank you for you HEARTLESS advice    not needed. It was her childrens wishes to NOT have her cremated and THAT is what I did  If all u want to do is CRITISIZE  my decisions then keep your opinions to yourself  and live with happiness of the decision to burn you own body  WE DIDNT AND WONT

Coastal Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #2653
                            October 30, 2003
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2006, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

James FL said :  I'm sorry to hear your steadfast descion against cremation I myself am a disabled police officer leaving with no living relatives on a fixed SSDI budget we all have to make scacrifices

I opted for cremation with a burial plot and prepaid head stone total costs 1500 dollars i can't see the need for a 5000 dollar funeral.that money you want raise for the children could be otherwise best spent on there WELFARE not whats going in the ground I think you about to learn some fast growing up and not the easy way.

Wait to next year when the children go for a review of benifits you better have not collected a large some of money that exceed 3000 dollars or otherwise SSI will be cut off and they the children will have to pay back the differential better you learn the ropes of SSI SSDI

These government out pays have VERY STRICT guidlines especially for orphined children and there NOT kind to raised donations applied to out pays NOT related to the children expense

James:  all due respect, you are a police officer ? With grammar and spelling errors like that ?  I hope your written reports look better than that .

DD

United States
                              Member #20286
                              August 15, 2005
                              4 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2006, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

There are not  heartless opinion's You don't want them posted because they are facts! I took a bullet in the back on the new york subway to save a women and her child when a man went on rampage shooting in 1986 I guess that's my decision but that young boy went on today to Rutgers and is becoming a Doctor and he actually came to Florida at age 18 to thank me in person.  Sacrifices against ones personal belief's some how go against the flow of your Karma but sometimes they have remarkable results on the future not the present when you look at these children they are blessed they have you NOW what's to say thier future won't require more than a funeral today ? Something here doesn't sound right, any new parent would  save for the children and fore go there personal preferences  of any parent would put that money away for an emergency, I noticed you didn't provide at the Bank a saving account for their future, Why is that?, and why a lottery web site why not donation located a the funeral Home: indicated by by State Law:

IT IS 50 STATE LAW HRS34.990 all burial paid services have to be interned directly to funeral home as monies for burial provided No individuals or surviving families members shall maintain a account at a local bankor finnacial institution for such an action.  Individuals attempting SSI benefits must  assign all monies to the funeral home With errivocalble rights to those monies but derect ownership of right to survival with seperate or instituitional interferance; that be a bank, church, or NFP 503.00 orginization

SPECIFICALLY an account in the named individual

What you are doing with this bank will extend the award for SSI an additional 120 days

1-883 772 -3272 SSA

I'll post as much of my( state and federal) opinions as i wish to, Don't tell me Ms. SASSY what i can and not say on this web page, I quoted infomation and you think someone would say that's not my beliefs in a passionate plea, that would make sense  BUTyour disregard for someones Else's belief has discredited your plea for help its contain censorship and anger and of all places a lotto blog what stupidity!

If I had to raise these children any and all facts from all sources wether or not they go against my beliefs would be welcomed because the SSI for the children comes with automatic Medicare A&B plus D in 18 months and worth far more in the future than 5400 dollars in the present.

Your actions might infact jeopordize the SSI award!