Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Personal Problem.. Advice requested

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: May 11, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

No one can lay underground cable in one day. You would have to check permits (right of way) plus mark out existing utilities. If it crosses a street that's a seperate permit usually. The only time you can tell you are close is when they mark out the existing utilites since the spray power is only good for a few days especially if it rains.

After that call, the next day someone from the company and buried the cable. They used a trencher to run it to the house.. The house that no longer had their services..

Not to be rude but you didn't understand the post. The only way they trenched out a line is by marking out utilities. I have years of experience in this industry. It always irks me when people think they know low voltage. It takes years to actually know how to correctly fix things. Every time someone thinks they know how to fix low voltage wiring I always ask myself 'then why did you call us'. It's like people have little value of every skill set except theirs.

I still can't see how someone forgot a truck unless they were referring to a bucket truck. Since you are talking about underground lines I don't see how they would need a truck unless the system is aerial and you have a long distance to the pole (at least 250+ feet). 

eyewilwin's avatar - anglewings
    West Paris, maine
    United States
    Member #39100
    May 10, 2006
    7 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2006, 12:40 am - IP Logged

I was in a simular situation.. pay first and no show  or pay half and pay after..etc.  I DID reply to BBB and then I also called FBI and they DID dfo an investigation and found FRAUD!!! I was rewarded 3X back what I paid them and got the check within 2 weeks!!!!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2006, 2:47 am - IP Logged

Ultimately only a city franchise board has any real authority over them. If they have no franchise agreement then they can't operate in that area. I was going to push Time Warner that way when they wouldn't fix a distrubution problem.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2006, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Hit With Stick                           

^tntea                ^cable internet guy

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2006, 7:54 am - IP Logged

No one can lay underground cable in one day. You would have to check permits (right of way) plus mark out existing utilities. If it crosses a street that's a seperate permit usually. The only time you can tell you are close is when they mark out the existing utilites since the spray power is only good for a few days especially if it rains.

After that call, the next day someone from the company and buried the cable. They used a trencher to run it to the house.. The house that no longer had their services..

Not to be rude but you didn't understand the post. The only way they trenched out a line is by marking out utilities. I have years of experience in this industry. It always irks me when people think they know low voltage. It takes years to actually know how to correctly fix things. Every time someone thinks they know how to fix low voltage wiring I always ask myself 'then why did you call us'. It's like people have little value of every skill set except theirs.

I still can't see how someone forgot a truck unless they were referring to a bucket truck. Since you are talking about underground lines I don't see how they would need a truck unless the system is aerial and you have a long distance to the pole (at least 250+ feet). 

the cable that was buried ran from the pole on side of road to the house. 

the bucket truck was needed to run from our pole to across the street..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2006, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Well that is good to know.. I shouldn't complain.. it has only been two months.. Hopefully someone there will figure it out before they quit and someone knew starts the learning process..

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
              Minnesota
              United States
              Member #13028
              March 28, 2005
              870 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2006, 8:05 am - IP Logged

TNTEA,

If I were you, I would ditch cable all together and get DIRECTV and DIRECTWAY internet service.  Since I have had DIRECTV, I have had no problems at all and they are incredibly good in customer service and technical support and setup.

One problem with DIRECTV and DIRECTWAY is that you will lose your satellite signal during heavy rain storms.  I have had DIRECTV for 2 years now and have lost signal maybe twice.  Therefore, I would deem it fairly reliable.  Not only that, DIRECTV costs $45.00 a month for a lot more channels than what you get with cable.

Just a thought.

Good Luck,

John

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

SirMetro's avatar - center
                East of Atlanta
                United States
                Member #6191
                August 11, 2004
                1389 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2006, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

We ditched cable about 4 years ago when the bill went to $90 for 30 channels and only 3 of those channels were the premium channels. I wouldn't take cable now even if my DishNetwork died on me.

In regards to the Complaint, here in GA, we have someone called Clark Howard that is a well known Consumer Advocate. He is tied in with the local major TV & Radio Station and even has a decent web site.

You may want to check your area for someone like him. That type of behavior by any kind of Company should never go unchecked. But because the Cable companies have such a monopoly over the area, they pretty much don't care about the Consumer. One note, if you elect to post signs describing what happened, be sure to keep it to the FACTS only. No commentary, no add-ins, just the facts, otherwise, it will back fire on you. Hope you good luck in getting things straightened out.

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

TNTEA,

If I were you, I would ditch cable all together and get DIRECTV and DIRECTWAY internet service.  Since I have had DIRECTV, I have had no problems at all and they are incredibly good in customer service and technical support and setup.

One problem with DIRECTV and DIRECTWAY is that you will lose your satellite signal during heavy rain storms.  I have had DIRECTV for 2 years now and have lost signal maybe twice.  Therefore, I would deem it fairly reliable.  Not only that, DIRECTV costs $45.00 a month for a lot more channels than what you get with cable.

Just a thought.

Good Luck,

John

Thanks for your time John,

We do have Directv.. hubby has all the tickets.. he loves sports..

I called them about internet.. and they said that they had sold that part over to Hughes..something