Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A little suspicious...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
Member #12618
March 18, 2005
2060 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2006, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there is anything suspicious about it. There are a lot of people who only play once a month or they only play when the jackpot gets big. And there are some, who decide to buy a ticket for the first time on a whim. Remember, there are millions of people who play the game who don't ever visit this board.

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
    chicago ill.
    United States
    Member #3600
    February 4, 2004
    337 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2006, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Nothing suspicious here.  I play regularly and have my share of wins,albeit, they arn't as large as i would like them to be.  What I do notice is that as "bellyache" has mentioned is that instead of picking most likely numbers is to do just the opposite and pick those numbers.

I keep a record and have a flowchart in place to track the numbers that do come in. What I notice on the flowchart is .....It is not the numbers that are way ahead of the others that are "good" picks but just the opposite......it is the numbers in the flowchart that are trying to "catch-up" with the rest that seem to come in more often. Interesting observation!Sun Smiley  Also, I grant that there is usually one or two favorites that will accompany the picks for the evening. Good Fortune to all.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

I would agree with Uff Da but for different reasons. Most of it is the appearence of being a looser or of wasting money on the lottery. I always find it ironic when smokers or drivers of SUV's chide a lottery player on wasting money. Unless they are 18 or 19 I doubt they just started playing. Of the people I know who don't play the lottery, the prize level isn't relevant since they don't play.