Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

betslips odds help

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by atl1.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23349 Posts
Online
Posted: May 18, 2006, 6:27 am - IP Logged

If the odds are a million to one, and I buy one ticket, the odds are now, nine hundred-ninety-nine-thousand-nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine? Right?

 

No. if the odds are a million to one and you buy one ticket your odds of winning is still a million to one unless you buy  another ticket.  Before you bought the first ticket, your odds of winning was zero.

OK    technical.....

If I buy two tiks....

As I mentioned above, no, that's not how it works.  If the odds were 1 in 10 of winning a game, here's what the odds would look like as you bought more tickets:

Tickets Odds 
1 in 10 
1 in 5 
1 in 3.33 
1 in 2.5 
1 in 2
1 in 1.67 
1 in 1.43 
1 in 1.25 
1 in 1.11 
10 1 in 1 

 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

 

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

    fja's avatar - gnome1

    United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    12009 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: May 18, 2006, 10:13 am - IP Logged

    Man, i got a headachce just reading this....

    like I said before just stick to percentages....

    If you buy 1,757,115 mega million tickets you have a 1% chance of winning and a 99% chance of losing.....

    "Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

      Avatar
      atlanta
      United States
      Member #33559
      February 22, 2006
      65 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: May 18, 2006, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

      thanks folks i understand it now.

      All my tickets are winners, atleast until the draw proves me wrong.