Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you select your numbers?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 10 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

In Pick 3 & 4 Games, How do you select your Numbers?

Computer Program (free or purchased) [ 40 ]  [20.73%]
Spreadsheet [ 22 ]  [11.40%]
Paper/Pencil System [ 67 ]  [34.72%]
Quickpick [ 15 ]  [7.77%]
Followers [ 8 ]  [4.15%]
Number posted by certain LP members [ 15 ]  [7.77%]
From Dreams you had [ 10 ]  [5.18%]
Passing Car Tags [ 5 ]  [2.59%]
Phone, House or Home Number [ 4 ]  [2.07%]
Birthdays, anniversary, etc. [ 7 ]  [3.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 193 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 20 ]  
loves2lotto's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
Charlotte, North Carolina
United States
Member #36131
March 28, 2006
50 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2006, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

paper/pencil    I haven't gotten used to the whole computer thing.

I see a huge powerball win in my future!

Hyper

Marietta
    United States
    Member #40056
    May 26, 2006
    18 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2006, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Some of my Picks come from  Dreams!  Paper/Pencil is my main Method  !Blue Angel

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2006, 7:24 am - IP Logged

I use a betslip at a convenience store, and with the little pencil that has no eraser, they provide, I fill in those little boxes.Jester

me too!

one time i was hungry and ate the pencil.makes for a good snack and i had a lucky streak also.....

stephi's avatar - winifrid
        rural lowcountry, south carolina
        United States
        Member #31677
        February 2, 2006
        196 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2006, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Paper/Pencil and less than 10 combinations but may put more than $1 on a number if I feel good about it or if someone trustworthy on this board says its a good go.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
          Pittsburg, Ks
          United States
          Member #3382
          January 17, 2004
          80824 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2006, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I play the 3out of 3 numbers plus some followers from the book I bought from LQ

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: June 16, 2006, 1:50 am - IP Logged

I use my own SLOT system I kinda came up with, and plug numbers into a spreadsheet, and also go on prior history.

I play 10 games a drawing night, and usually get 4 of the 5 whiteballs, just not on the same game. I have picked all 5 whiteballs maybe 12

times since early March, just not all on the same game...... arghhh.

I have a pool of about 16 numbers I kinda wheel, all I am aiming for is a pick 5 at this time.

5 months ago I hit the Powerball number itself 5 of 6 drawings in a row, since then I have hit it about 3 times.

BTW - I'm new here. 

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2006, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I use my own SLOT system I kinda came up with, and plug numbers into a spreadsheet, and also go on prior history.

I play 10 games a drawing night, and usually get 4 of the 5 whiteballs, just not on the same game. I have picked all 5 whiteballs maybe 12

times since early March, just not all on the same game...... arghhh.

I have a pool of about 16 numbers I kinda wheel, all I am aiming for is a pick 5 at this time.

5 months ago I hit the Powerball number itself 5 of 6 drawings in a row, since then I have hit it about 3 times.

BTW - I'm new here. 

Welcome Guesser! You're system seems to have potential. I hope it works out for you.

Dance like no one is watching.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2006, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Well I've tried most of the things in this thread, (and I even put up a thread about what hasn't worked!) but here's one I haven't seen mentioned, once in a while I'll do this (though it hasn't worked, either)

Last night I had this for Illinois Little Lotto:

4  5  10  14  25 - were the numbers drawn

9  25  32  34  39

--------------------------  so take the differnce, the "missed by":

5  20  22  20  14   and that will be my next play. In this case 20 appears twice so I'll play the number 39 (LL maxes at 39, so can't play 40)

So it would be  5  14  20 22 39 

(The original set of numbers is completely arbitrary, QP, whatever - got to start somewhere...)

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2006, 4:13 am - IP Logged

here is what i do.i only play the pick 4 right now.i look at all the states history.i have a few numbers that i always play.probably 15 or 20 at the very most.i noticed they hit most in ball drawn states although some computerized states are pretty good at throwing out a balanced amount of numbers.using this data i write all this down and then make detailed copies on my copier and i have a lottery folder i put all my copies and past winners in.i have won nearly five grand since i started playing with betslips in february.i could've won more but got sidetracked with the pick 3 and quit playing my pet numbers and a couple of them hit which i did not play due to dabbling with pick 3.after realizing the error of my ways i went back to the pick 4 which has been very good to me and quit the pick 3 cold turkey,lol.i have nothing against pick 3 but i want the big cheese and thats with the pick 4.......

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 only, so far.

I use, when I do, some programs only for their stats and others for their stats and or filtering options.

But once in a long while I do use a few programs for their predictions, but I like it better making my own predictions.

I am now also just beginning to take a look at spreadsheets for their stats, as I haven't yet seen any that also do pick 3 filtering in the way that I need them to do it.

It would be very nice if somebody or somebodies make a spreadsheet for pick 3 or for both pick 3 and pick 4 that can filter both straight and boxed just as Paurths FreeWheelers and the Crunch 2, to mention only 2 programs, do. Might be best if they use no macros at all and still do the job right.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2006, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Last Monday it was time for lunch and I decided to drive to Publix (a supermarket) on Pine Ridge Road near my job at around 1:15.  I didn't realize I only had a dollar in my wallet, although I could have gotten money at an ATM.  So I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to McDonald's where I bought a crappy burger from the dollar menu (I scraped up some change for the tax) and a cup of water. A yogurt from the supermarket probably would have been better! Anyway, that day on June 19 the winning ticket QP was purchased at that very store and someone in Naples won over $234K.  I don't know what time it was purchased (and don't want to) but that night I sat here in front of my monitor and wondered if, had I listened to my gut instinct, I would have gotten that ticket.  Does anyone else have those silly thoughts when somebody wins near home or work?

An awful lot of QPs have been winning lately. One press release about a $265K Fantasy 5 winner reads:

"Jordan, who has been playing the same numbers for more than 15 years, said his lucky winning ticket was the first time he had used the Florida Lottery's Quick Pick system to select his numbers."

So I wonder if "timing" really is everything in life. 

Oops - sorry, I just realized that the topic is on pick 3 or 4. Well, I already posted this, so I'm not going to delete it.

United States
                        Member #10720
                        January 23, 2005
                        933 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2006, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Missing from the list is "program you wrote yourself."  I made a program which incorporates several "algorithms" that has had some success including a Cash 5 "5 of 5" win in 2002 where only two lines of numbers were played. I made a much better program in late 2003 that has had some success with other games like Pick 3 and Pick 4. I carry it with me so that I can download numbers and generate predictions wherever I happen to be. Right now it covers the states that I play regularly. The actual methods the program uses are kept secret until if and when I win a sizable jackpot.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2006, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Lucky Larry

4 years ago, but still only 2 lines played, incredible.
                          As to the pick 3 and 4 program, How well does it do or has done so far and How many combos played per draw per state? Is it multistate combos or predictions are only for one state per prediction?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2006, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I use a program that uses a strategy that combines the knowledge of past drawings with the power of the computer to pick my numbers.  I look as a group of the most active numbers in the most recent drawings, calculate their distribution allocation and then pick 10-25 lines randomly with a similar distribution allocation deployment of those active numbers with other parameters.  To get the best coverage for the least amount of money I had been avoiding repeating combinations of threes or more within the play groups and repeating combinations of fours or better from previous drawings. I keep a file of the combinations that are rejected also and check both the playing and reject files after the drawings to make sure winners aren't being rejected.  If more winners then acceptable are in the reject file then I adjust the strategy accordingly.  I am reconsidering the wisdom or avoiding repeating match threes because if I'm lucky enough to pick a match three in the first picks then a pick four or better later will contain three of its numbers and be rejected which I've observed happened a couple of times.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #33085
                              February 18, 2006
                              743 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2006, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes NodThe software I use is a program that was especially made for my systems.  But for the most part I read the board as numbers hit using followers and relatives and I depend of that more than anything else.  That's why my motto is "You Can Take it to the Bank" because it's worked for me for many years over and over without failing.  If I didn't have software, all I would need were the results and pen and paper.

I totally agree!