Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you select your numbers?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 10 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

In Pick 3 & 4 Games, How do you select your Numbers?

Computer Program (free or purchased) [ 40 ]  [20.73%]
Spreadsheet [ 22 ]  [11.40%]
Paper/Pencil System [ 67 ]  [34.72%]
Quickpick [ 15 ]  [7.77%]
Followers [ 8 ]  [4.15%]
Number posted by certain LP members [ 15 ]  [7.77%]
From Dreams you had [ 10 ]  [5.18%]
Passing Car Tags [ 5 ]  [2.59%]
Phone, House or Home Number [ 4 ]  [2.07%]
Birthdays, anniversary, etc. [ 7 ]  [3.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 193 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 20 ]  
North Carolina
United States
Member #43082
July 13, 2006
2 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2006, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I use my own SLOT system I kinda came up with, and plug numbers into a spreadsheet, and also go on prior history.

I play 10 games a drawing night, and usually get 4 of the 5 whiteballs, just not on the same game. I have picked all 5 whiteballs maybe 12

times since early March, just not all on the same game...... arghhh.

I have a pool of about 16 numbers I kinda wheel, all I am aiming for is a pick 5 at this time.

5 months ago I hit the Powerball number itself 5 of 6 drawings in a row, since then I have hit it about 3 times.

BTW - I'm new here. 

HI  Guesser,,

I to keep up with the spreadsheet..  different tabs for hot/cold, due, odd/even  etc..  I do it manually.  I wish  I could create an output page with the combine data. That will produce the best numbers to play and down to about 11 numbers.    I play the Powerball being that's all NC has for now.  I'll glad when the pick 3 and 4 come to  NC.. But anyways I was curious if you would share your spreadsheet with me.. Email it to me so I can see how you are doing it..Or explain to me how I can incorporate it into my spreadsheet for the Powerball.   Not to many  post about Powerball spreadsheets.. I'm still researching for on how to write an micro for it.... That's years in the making!! "LOL"  But I love Exce!!  Which to is my day job.. Reporting etc... 

Hope to hear from you soon...  Maybe we will hit one day..  If only I could get the white balls.  On the same row of course!"LOL" would make me happy.

Sun Smiley

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I use a program I wrote myself.  I use patterns; not mathematics.  I set the  parameters I want and let the computer go through all 576,000+ combinations, pulling out the number sets that match my pattern.

If there are more than 25 number sets, I reset the computer and go again.  I only want 1 to 25 lines.

Once I have these lines identified, I begin my financial planning.  I fill out the deposit slip (playslip), drive to my local bank (grocery store), make a deposit (exchange money for a ticket), and wait for my ship to come in (since I was born in 1944, I figure my ship got sunk by the Germans).

I will win one of these days.  I will win one of these days.  I will win one of these day.  I will.......(keep repeating until you win)

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2006, 12:37 am - IP Logged

I use a program I wrote myself.  I use patterns; not mathematics.  I set the  parameters I want and let the computer go through all 576,000+ combinations, pulling out the number sets that match my pattern.

If there are more than 25 number sets, I reset the computer and go again.  I only want 1 to 25 lines.

Once I have these lines identified, I begin my financial planning.  I fill out the deposit slip (playslip), drive to my local bank (grocery store), make a deposit (exchange money for a ticket), and wait for my ship to come in (since I was born in 1944, I figure my ship got sunk by the Germans).

I will win one of these days.  I will win one of these days.  I will win one of these day.  I will.......(keep repeating until you win)

The US Navy lists all those submarines they never heard from during WWII as 'Still on patrol'. 

I've got a notion your ship's still out there on patrol, navigational equipment all chicken noodle soup, radio communications equipment gone wockyjawed by interference, but still trying to find the way back to port.

They reverse-engineered the Germans and Japanese into being our allies and the Russians and Chinese into being our enemies within a five year period it just got everything confused.

I think you're going to get some new tires for that mobile home.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
        Wyncote,Pa
        United States
        Member #3206
        January 3, 2004
        60746 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2006, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Winsum has a bona fide

strategy works for

Pick3 & Pick4

SirM,

I'm experimenting with Letteredl Patterns. ABCDE

I'm tracking 10 states that use machine drawings. Midday and Evening combined. No RNG's.
        Georgia-Kentucky-Maryland-Michigan-New Jersey-New York-Ohio-South Carolina-Tennessee-TriState

I take each state's longest out VTRAC in all 3 positions and use this for my 1st Position.

The second position is what I call the "B" Position or 2nd most out VTRAC in all 3 posiitions

The elusive 3rd digit is determined by the last drawings VTRAC combination. If the last drawing was a "Double VTRAC" I would

United States
          Member #43011
          July 12, 2006
          9 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2006, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I just would like to give my opinions on what works and what does not. This is just what i have seen playing the california mega six and daily drawings. 

First rcommendation, I would recommend is the process of elimination. What I mean is dont choose numbers combinations that have already been drawn before. For example, on June 15, 1998 the jackpot numbers were 3-10-29-35-44-50 dont choose these numbers again. It will slightly increase your chances if you use this.

Second recommendation. Check the past winning numbers if many drawing combination arise in a consective order of numbers like 1-2-3-33-50 or 34-35-36-42-49 dont play that system. Its just a waist of time and money. Also, dont choose numbers in order.

Third, playing family ages, birthdays, anniversery dates, weights of family members, fortune cookies, etc is a good idea since they will be played in random order. The more tickets you buy statistically it drastically increases your chances of winning.

Fifth, What ever combination or system that you play always play at least one quick pick with it.

If you guys really want a real chance to win a jackpot go play bingo. Yes I said bingo, the chances are much better in propertion to winning the sweeptakes or the lottery jackpot. good Luck!!  Big Smile

Lottery Queen's avatar - Animation2
            Watch Blinking #
            United States
            Member #34411
            March 3, 2006
            11733 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2006, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I play the 3out of 3 numbers plus some followers from the book I bought from LQ

Thank You Wheeler :-)Banana

It's Not How Many Numbers You Post, But If You Can  Post The Right One's To Fall!

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Detroit, MI
              United States
              Member #43946
              July 27, 2006
              365 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2006, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Im a dream numbers man, I get highly accurate results every single time. I' confess i am hardly the mathmatician when compared to other lottery players on this site and their own strategies work for them constantly it seems. I've been tracking, well, myself for well over a year and a half and it took me sometime 2 relize that what I have I have potential to win thousands of thousands of dollars If i really wanted to at any time. I also check out some trusted peoples numbers and relate them to my own to get possibly even better combo's.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2006, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I use gaps and/or skips to select 15 numbers for a pick 5 game. I then wheel the numbers to obtain 5 combinations to play. 

Works for me!

bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
                  chicago
                  United States
                  Member #34162
                  February 28, 2006
                  315 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2006, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Tommorow morning,which is aug 2,i will post my final pick 3,pick 4,and mm system...And this will be my best systems,i have ever created,...no system will do,what i will do.i said my best systems ever...it means the best.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2006, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Tommorow morning,which is aug 2,i will post my final pick 3,pick 4,and mm system...And this will be my best systems,i have ever created,...no system will do,what i will do.i said my best systems ever...it means the best.

I'm going to be watching for it.

Thanks bob

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

blkgal41's avatar - flower2
                      ohio
                      United States
                      Member #44011
                      July 28, 2006
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2006, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I look at both the pick 3 and 4 for either midday or evening, and pick my draws from those combinations.

lucky123's avatar - flower2
                        Brodnax, Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #15183
                        May 11, 2005
                        391 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2006, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I too like to play dreams , they can be real money makers , they don't come every single time but you can bet on them 75% of the time and thats good enough for me , had a dream two days ago about money and had a boxed hit today with 756.  A really good dream book can make all the difference in a hit and a miss.

i also look at what the excellent players here on the LP and doing and try to compare with what im playing to narrow it down.

Debzo's avatar - disney29

United States
                          Member #4822
                          May 26, 2004
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: August 30, 2006, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Paper and Pencil systems

Follow your dreamsCoffee

geos*5666!'s avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
                            Riverside, Ca.
                            United States
                            Member #18916
                            July 22, 2005
                            1852 Posts
                            Posted: August 30, 2006, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I take serial numbers from $1.00 bills.  GOOD LUCK!!

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                              Norfolk , Va
                              United States
                              Member #4541
                              May 2, 2004
                              25103 Posts
                              Posted: August 30, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Paper, Pen, and an Ice Cold Icehouse.

Good Luck,

Blackie.