Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Vertical String System

Topic closed. 176 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CARBOB.

Page 3 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: June 6, 2006, 11:57 am - IP Logged

pacattack05,this sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us! Is this your own system or something you bought? Just curious.

I'ts my hair-brained scheme, but I must admit the idea came from a system I just recently purchased.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: June 6, 2006, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Well,I think it's great. I'm going to tweak around with it myself,if you don't mind. By the way,do elephants even have eyebrows? I didn't think they did.Smile Thanks again!!

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: June 6, 2006, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Well,I think it's great. I'm going to tweak around with it myself,if you don't mind. By the way,do elephants even have eyebrows? I didn't think they did.Smile Thanks again!!

Thanx, yea tinker with it, you might find something better.

Yes Elephants do have eyebrows, just like frogs have frog hair.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
        The Carolinas - Charlotte
        United States
        Member #21627
        September 12, 2005
        4138 Posts
        Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

@ Pac

I did some testing with this. Now keep in mind that I played ALL states, and it's a bit unrealistic to do this, but just goes to show you that this is a very consistent thing that you have encountered. Also played Midday and Evening based on the numbers from the previous evening's draw.

Results:

$1 plays too:

June 1, 2006: Cost to play: $12,480; 15 hits x $900 = $13,500; profit = $1,020

June 2, 2006: Cost to play: $12,480; 13 hits x $900 = $11,700; profit = ($780)

June 3, 2006: Cost to play: $12,000; 17 hits x $900 = $15,300; profit = $3,300

June 4, 2006: Cost to play: $7,920; 8 hits x $900 = $7,200; profit = ($720)

June 5, 2006: Cost to play: $12,480; 17 hits x $900 = $15,300; profit = $2,820

Total profits = $5,640

Not bad for less than a week....AND...with only a $12,480 max bankroll, you are looking at 45.19% return. Not bad.

I will continue backtesting this...maybe apply it to Pick-4 (much higher) and I am going to do a chart that shows the hit frequency for each state.

THEN....I will make a chart whereby you input the digits from high to low and it does the wheel for you.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

@ Pac

I did some testing with this. Now keep in mind that I played ALL states, and it's a bit unrealistic to do this, but just goes to show you that this is a very consistent thing that you have encountered. Also played Midday and Evening based on the numbers from the previous evening's draw.

Results:

$1 plays too:

June 1, 2006: Cost to play: $12,480; 15 hits x $900 = $13,500; profit = $1,020

June 2, 2006: Cost to play: $12,480; 13 hits x $900 = $11,700; profit = ($780)

June 3, 2006: Cost to play: $12,000; 17 hits x $900 = $15,300; profit = $3,300

June 4, 2006: Cost to play: $7,920; 8 hits x $900 = $7,200; profit = ($720)

June 5, 2006: Cost to play: $12,480; 17 hits x $900 = $15,300; profit = $2,820

Total profits = $5,640

Not bad for less than a week....AND...with only a $12,480 max bankroll, you are looking at 45.19% return. Not bad.

I will continue backtesting this...maybe apply it to Pick-4 (much higher) and I am going to do a chart that shows the hit frequency for each state.

THEN....I will make a chart whereby you input the digits from high to low and it does the wheel for you.

Cool deal.... I like those numbers, and all states to boot.

Is that mid and eve combined?

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes it is. But I am using the same input set that you are using...the previous day's Evening and playing that output in the Midday & Evening draws.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

The idea actually started to roam through my brain because of Tenaj and Laverne's ideas about traveling numbers, shortly after I joined this site. I never gave it much credence, until a few weeks ago, when I saw that sets of numbers indeed traveled from state to state.

The idea came through because I was thinking that maybe since whole sets travel, maybe individual digits also travel. Not only that, but I figured if I wanted to devise a string of numbers or permutations, the best numbers would come from existing travel numbers, and not some imaginable source. Real numbers coming out in real states. I think that all these states are some how intellectually or mysteriously connected to each other by some force. It would be too much of a coincidence that similar sets of numbers repeat in other states, sometimes just a day or few days apart.

Without some kind of unseen connection, like mass thought maybe, It would take hundreds of drawings a day to have this amount of coincidences. I know it sounds hokey, but I believe it.....

United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's funny you mention that, because if you look at Janet & Laverne's posts, they show ALL winners...but they say it goes case-by-case, so it's hard to predict WHERE a number will travel. However, if you are able to cover them like this, you could have a winner. I am really going to look at this hard (not like we don';t have enough lotto things we are working on now...LOL).

But I agree with you and Janet and Laverne...they travel...just trying to nail them down before they get to the state is the hard part.

Stooges

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Yes it is. But I am using the same input set that you are using...the previous day's Evening and playing that output in the Midday & Evening draws.

Got it...

So, the math would be 480 bucks times 30 states? Or 32 states, I forget. But then again some states don't have mids. So it's not that much a day...

United States
                    Member #21627
                    September 12, 2005
                    4138 Posts
                    Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

For Monday through Friday, it's 52 * $240 = $12,480

For Saturday, it's 50 * $240 = $12,000 (actually it could very well be 48 x $240 or $11,520

For Sunday, it's 33 x $240 = $7,920

Stooges

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's funny you mention that, because if you look at Janet & Laverne's posts, they show ALL winners...but they say it goes case-by-case, so it's hard to predict WHERE a number will travel. However, if you are able to cover them like this, you could have a winner. I am really going to look at this hard (not like we don';t have enough lotto things we are working on now...LOL).

But I agree with you and Janet and Laverne...they travel...just trying to nail them down before they get to the state is the hard part.

LOL......I think we have too many chicken nuggets on our plate.....

United States
                        Member #21627
                        September 12, 2005
                        4138 Posts
                        Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

You need the following number of hits each day to break even:

Monday - Friday = 14

Saturday = 14 or 13 if only 48 draws

Sunday = 9

Stooges

United States
                          Member #21627
                          September 12, 2005
                          4138 Posts
                          Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

LOL......I think we have too many chicken nuggets on our plate.....

Me too...so many that I don't think my two kids nor my five dogs could finish the leftovers!

Stooges

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

For Monday through Friday, it's 52 * $240 = $12,480

For Saturday, it's 50 * $240 = $12,000 (actually it could very well be 48 x $240 or $11,520

For Sunday, it's 33 x $240 = $7,920

Excellent. I'm gonna wait to see what's gonna happen. I'm back at 3 long days at work starting tomorrow, so I won't know anything after tonight, only when I get home tomorrow night late. I'll just have to do the workout when I get home, unless you can do it for 3 days until I get back.

Either way, if you don't have the time, I can always back test it when I get my 3 days off starting this coming saturday.....

I work 3 on 3 off.

United States
                              Member #21627
                              September 12, 2005
                              4138 Posts
                              Posted: June 6, 2006, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

3 hits so far today...

There was also a Pick-4 straight based on the number string today in Maryland.

Stooges

Page 3 of 12