Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

KENO

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 years ago by johnph77.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2006, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Nebraska has it.

I used to play it quite a bit, then I got the bright idea of trying a pick 8 game, and all of the games results are published on the web (www.bigredkeno.com) so I made a huge spreadsheet with the previous 7 days drawings, which was like 1,050 games, and I could not hit a pick 8 in 1,050 games (testing).

A pick 8 pays $25,000, heck a pick 7 pays $8,000, I could not hit either. I had this bright idea of playing 1,000 games ($1,000) and coming back in a week to collect my winnings, but I never did it.

Here they have 80 numbers, they draw 20, I couldn't find a consistent 7 or 8, let alone 6 I'd be willing to bet on.

If someone out here can figure out what numbers to play, let me know please, the combos I have tested with are no good.

I wasn't aware Nebraska has Keno.  Daily game?

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2006, 8:41 am - IP Logged

to Rip Snorter about Tntea: ...The one that she needed to predict and be correct she didn't do....compare 100,000 with 20 millions [on average] that Powerball/mega-millions pay, or Ca lotto with less numbers or for that matter 200,000 that a 5of 6 match will pay for Powerball, who knows she could have gotten a commission by some generous person as a thank you for letting him/her match the 5 numbers....

The keno in my state is the perfect "hunting machine" [well to make it perfecter you would need for the Keno's RnG to rotate between 3 different types of RnG, like i heard they did with some state, think it was WA], Here in this jungle it goes in search of a prey every 4 minutes, and it makes trophies of men...It knows when you're coming for him, somehow it can track you before you can track it....Who wants to get skinned alive!!...             ....from movie "Predator"....

to guesser: ....."yeah sure, like you tried hitting a pick8, 1050 times. Whatever men!...Tell me you interpolated based on a large sample experiment, but don't tell me you tried it 1,050 times unless you are seriously wealthy and can afford to have others [like your private company] do the experiment/tries for you...Guesser why did i know you was only going to have 5 posts...

to Rip Snorter about Tntea: ...The one that she needed to predict and be correct she didn't do....compare 100,000 with 20 millions [on average] that Powerball/mega-millions pay, or Ca lotto with less numbers or for that matter 200,000 that a 5of 6 match will pay for Powerball, who knows she could have gotten a commission by some generous person as a thank you for letting him/her match the 5 numbers....

pumpi:

I'm not all that aware of tntea's needs.  I know she's done some successful predicting.  I suspect when keno comes to TN tntea will do some more successful keno predicting with dollars and play slips.

Hopefully whatever she's able to successfully predict in that arena will be just the right means of satisfying her needs.

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2006, 9:23 am - IP Logged

i have a hard enough time with 5 numbers let alone 10 or 20......

It's an interesting game, Mike.  I don't know much about Keno games outside the ones carried on LP.... Washington, Michigan, Ontario, NY, Atlantic Canada and Quebec. 

(I was surprised to learn there are other Keno games in the US not covered in the RESULTS on LP.... wonder if that's an oversight on Todd's part, or if it's just that there's not been a lot of interest on LP in the Keno games)

I spent a middling amount of time studying the ones carried here and posting predictions for them.  To be completely honest, I think a daily keno game would be a lot easier to win, or at least break even on than, say, pick 5 games.

But, of course, I'm middling crazy, ignorant, and mostly don't know what I'm talking about, compared to people who believe otherwise.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2006, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Jack,

All daily Keno games are on the results pages.  The only ones that are not are the ones that are drawn several times a day.  (Like every 5 minutes in many cases.)  Those games do not lend themselves to posting on the results pages, and some states don't even list the results on their web site, so it would be impossible for me to get the results.  All of the "action" and results-checking tends to take place right at the lottery retailer.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2006, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Thanks for clarifying that, Todd.

I'd wondered why keno's not a more popular game and carried by more states. Evidently it's plenty popular enough and is carried by a number of them, but all except those six must have draws too frequently to carry here.

Gracias
          Jack

Egos don't count.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2006, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Nebraska has it.

I used to play it quite a bit, then I got the bright idea of trying a pick 8 game, and all of the games results are published on the web (www.bigredkeno.com) so I made a huge spreadsheet with the previous 7 days drawings, which was like 1,050 games, and I could not hit a pick 8 in 1,050 games (testing).

A pick 8 pays $25,000, heck a pick 7 pays $8,000, I could not hit either. I had this bright idea of playing 1,000 games ($1,000) and coming back in a week to collect my winnings, but I never did it.

Here they have 80 numbers, they draw 20, I couldn't find a consistent 7 or 8, let alone 6 I'd be willing to bet on.

If someone out here can figure out what numbers to play, let me know please, the combos I have tested with are no good.

I wasn't aware Nebraska has Keno.  Daily game?

J

Yes, as I said, about 150 games a day, one every 6-8 minutes 'or so'.

All of the results, as well as 'hot numbers' are on their website I posted above.

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged
              to guesser: ....."yeah sure, like you tried hitting a pick8, 1050 times. Whatever men!...Tell me you interpolated based on a large sample experiment, but don't tell me you tried it 1,050 times unless you are seriously wealthy and can afford to have others [like your private company] do the experiment/tries for you...Guesser why did i know you was only going to have 5 posts...

No, you totally missed what I said:  I said I went looking through 1,050 games of history looking for ONE hit of 8 numbers, and I also said NO, I didn't PLAY it, I just LOOKED for it.

And as far as me having 5 posts, guess what ?  I'm new here, and new people start with none, don't they ? 

I see you have 177 posts, congratulations.  Did you start with 175, or with none like everyone else ? 

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2006, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Guesser:

Although that post wasn't directed at me, you'll need to learn early there's no point getting defensive and hostile here.

You're a guy who says he has a system able to pick 4 of 5 of pick 5s 25 percent of the time. That's better than anyone on LP can do, so far as I'm able to tell in looking at the prediction statistics.

So, you're destined to be a hero here. A super-star. All you have to do is post a few predictions using your system and you'll be at the top of the hit ratio list, soon to be followed by you being at and maintaining a position at the top of the prize ratio list top-tenners, too.

You'll get PMs by the thousands. Be followed around by admirers who will fawn to you asking you to explain how you do it.

No need at this early stage to alienate any of your future admirers by getting your hackles up.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2006, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Guesser:

Although that post wasn't directed at me, you'll need to learn early there's no point getting defensive and hostile here.

You're a guy who says he has a system able to pick 4 of 5 of pick 5s 25 percent of the time. That's better than anyone on LP can do, so far as I'm able to tell in looking at the prediction statistics.

So, you're destined to be a hero here. A super-star. All you have to do is post a few predictions using your system and you'll be at the top of the hit ratio list, soon to be followed by you being at and maintaining a position at the top of the prize ratio list top-tenners, too.

You'll get PMs by the thousands. Be followed around by admirers who will fawn to you asking you to explain how you do it.

No need at this early stage to alienate any of your future admirers by getting your hackles up.

Jack

Yeah, I know, you're right.  Defensive - yes.  Hostile - no.

I have 5,000+ postings on several other unrelated websites, I've been on the web since before there was a web, when it was purely bulletin boards, it just rankles me to see someone judge someone they don't even know based solely on the number of postings a person has.  I am also a member of several sites where I have less than 50 postings, yet I have been a member of some of those sites for 6-7 years.

I SHOULD know better than to let someone yank my crank like that.  Done issue.

I'm still poking around here trying to digest the different theories people have on picking numbers, so far I don't see anything like mine at all, but I'm still looking.....

Besides, as soon as I say I can get 4 of 5, we know what happens next: it goes to 2 of 5, 1 of 5, none of 5.... LOL

I am not here to be a hero or superstar, I just wanted to see if anyone else had a thought process along the same lines as mine, I have not found it yet (although that may be a GOOD thing.....  :)    )

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2006, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Guesser:

You might find something on the systems forum that will give you a better idea whether anyone's on the same track as you are. Searching the dialogue history for key words also might give you some ideas.

I'd be surprised if you find nobody's ever been there, whereever you happen to be. More likely someone's been there but maybe not as thoroughly as you might go and missed something important.

That's what I generally do my hoping about, anyway.

Jack

Egos don't count.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                      Member #12618
                      March 18, 2005
                      2060 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2006, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Guesser, welcome to LP. Hope you stay around for a bit! =)

Dance like no one is watching.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5124 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Where is Keno available? That I know of:

• Massachusetts
                        • Rhode Island
                        • New York
                        • Maryland
                        • Washington DC
                        • Michigan
                        • West Virginia
                        • Georgia
                        • Oregon
                        • British Columbia

rdc137:

Don't!!!!!!!ASK...............DON'T!!!!!!!!!!TELL...........................

Keno is a "gentle" womammmmmm or mannnnnnnnn.............GAME!!!!!

who have lot$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of MONIEEEEEEEE.

....................................................................................give-away----------

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Not MI$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2006, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Where is Keno available? That I know of:

• Massachusetts
                          • Rhode Island
                          • New York
                          • Maryland
                          • Washington DC
                          • Michigan
                          • West Virginia
                          • Georgia
                          • Oregon
                          • British Columbia

rdc137:

Don't!!!!!!!ASK...............DON'T!!!!!!!!!!TELL...........................

Keno is a "gentle" womammmmmm or mannnnnnnnn.............GAME!!!!!

who have lot$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of MONIEEEEEEEE.

....................................................................................give-away----------

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Not MI$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Looks like someone had a few hits before bed last night...

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2006, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

guesser, sorry men. Welcome to lotterypost.com!!...I got paranoid and thought you was someone working for the state or lottery corporation trying come in and present their ideas (and you never know, i always say, it wouldn't surprise me if they were gathering intelligence in this site)...My reasoning. I thought you had said that you mached 8 of 8, in a pick8 after 1050 draws. That's something the lottery corporation would say...Thanks for clarifying it...
                            I can care less if you have 5 posts men....if you see, i have 100 and something posts...

"...The World Cup doesn't have a price..."

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: June 18, 2006, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

guesser, sorry men. Welcome to lotterypost.com!!...I got paranoid and thought you was someone working for the state or lottery corporation trying come in and present their ideas (and you never know, i always say, it wouldn't surprise me if they were gathering intelligence in this site)...My reasoning. I thought you had said that you mached 8 of 8, in a pick8 after 1050 draws. That's something the lottery corporation would say...Thanks for clarifying it...
                              I can care less if you have 5 posts men....if you see, i have 100 and something posts...

"...The World Cup doesn't have a price..."

Pumpi:

Ever wonder what happened to all those eastern block sleepers in the US after communism closed up shop?  KGB, etc? 

A man's got to live.  Got to do whatever work is available that fits his skills and talents.

Da.  I think you might be right.

J

Guesser:

I vote what the others said.  Welcome to LP.

I've got my eye on you.  Me and the others.

Jack

Egos don't count.