Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

new jersey lottery is being shut down

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LckyLary.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
Fughedaboutit (NY)
United States
Member #8160
October 26, 2004
6777 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2006, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

The NJ lottery (among other things) has really been shut down... This is really going to hurt NJ in the worst way. 

::Facetious NY Advertisement::  New Jersey Lottery - "Give Your Dreams a Chance", Hah!

Bring your "Dollar and a Dream" across the pond to NY, the odds are guaranteed here.

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23262 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I bet they will have this figured out by next Friday at the lastest.  These things never usually last long because of the implications these actions cause.

But you can't just blame the governor.  He has this power for a reason.  He felt like he needed to make a statement and he is doing the best thing (according to him).  Let's just hope they reach an agreement soon.

Brad

Being a NJ resident myself, I know for a fact that it is the fault of the new ultra-liberal NJ Governor, who made public statements that although he could avoid the shutdown, he would refuse. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20115 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2006, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

I bet they will have this figured out by next Friday at the lastest.  These things never usually last long because of the implications these actions cause.

But you can't just blame the governor.  He has this power for a reason.  He felt like he needed to make a statement and he is doing the best thing (according to him).  Let's just hope they reach an agreement soon.

Brad

Being a NJ resident myself, I know for a fact that it is the fault of the new ultra-liberal NJ Governor, who made public statements that although he could avoid the shutdown, he would refuse. 

Thats being to nice to say that he is an ultra-liberal.

The budget crisis has come up many times before, and not one  other governor has done this. He (corzine) had other avenues to follow, but he chose to put his name in the history books by being the "Mule" that he is. It was either his way, or the hi-way. I wonder how many voters are second guessing themselves now...!

I smell coffee brewing, Hmmmm smells like recall to me.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23262 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2006, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

You got that right Maddog.  Everyone should keep in mind that Corzine is on record saying that he is shutting the government down because the NJ House will not grant him a raise in sales tax to 7%.  NJ is a state out of control, like a prison run by the inmates.  There doesn't seem to be any end to this madness, because almost all the Republicans in this state are really Democrats in disguise, so there will never be any balance.  I don't care if you're Democrat or Republican, if there is only one party, it's bad for everyone.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49725 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

A political faux pas!

Goodby Mr. Governor!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2006, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

You got that right Maddog.  Everyone should keep in mind that Corzine is on record saying that he is shutting the government down because the NJ House will not grant him a raise in sales tax to 7%.  NJ is a state out of control, like a prison run by the inmates.  There doesn't seem to be any end to this madness, because almost all the Republicans in this state are really Democrats in disguise, so there will never be any balance.  I don't care if you're Democrat or Republican, if there is only one party, it's bad for everyone.

DisapproveI'm sorry ya'll have to go through that.  It's bad when those in charge are idiots.  You should be outraged.

takeemtothebank

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2006, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Being from Delaware, I see New Jersey BS constantly on the Philadelphia news. So I say, as an American, let's do something about it. I propose we have congress revoke NJ's right to statehood. Then they could either become a territory, a separate country, or be divided up between New York, Pennsylvania, and or Delaware. However, it will take a lot of money to re-educate voters in that state to break their mentality of constantly electing crooked politicians.

brick,new jersey
                United States
                Member #28981
                December 26, 2005
                20 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2006, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

todd,

i couldn't agree more...you know as well as i do that corzine flat out LIED about alot of things in his campaign...your right this state just keeps getting more out of control by the minute...the rich get richer.....this guy in my opinion is a flat out piece of trash!!!!sorry if i step on anyones toes but this guy and his administration is gonna cause this state some real bad long term effects...and who is going to be the ones that suffer???you got it US!!!!!!!!

mike

United States
                  Member #10720
                  January 23, 2005
                  933 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2006, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

People are SO brainwashed and have SO many consipracy theories engraved in their heads that there's very little Corzine could do that would really sway the vote toward Republican 4 years from now. People might forget by then.. I would do my part to remind them. A lot of the reason why the Nigerian scam and the "You won the Lottery but you have to give us $5000 to cover taxes first" scam still snares people. You should hear these people that think the President has secret human sacrifices and that 9/11 was staged!

If and when this thing gets solved I want to know where to see a detailed breakdown of everything being spent and everything taken in and how this extra $1 billion is going to make my life better than when Whitman was there.