Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OHIO Nails The Strings Test!!

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 11 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Poway CA (San Diego County)
United States
Member #3489
January 25, 2004
14120 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:54 am - IP Logged

How many numbers in the other strings for Ohio?  With the string that won, a 12 number wheel with a guarantee of 4if4, it would take 113 tickets and, of course, not guarantee that the 5 correct would hit.  Seven strings at $113 each is expensive and would never pay for itself in California.  The payout for 4 in California is about $500 or less.

All the strings were either 11 or 12 numbers. One had 10. Oh, I know, this is going to be the tricky part, the wheels. I know we're only halfway there, CD. Time to start narrowing the strings down again! Any new ideas how we can go about that?

I think it is a loosing cause.  Too many tickets to buy.  Just having all 5 numbers in a string of 11 or 12 numbers and especially considering there are SEVEN strings makes it extremely expensive to play and I really doubt it would be profitable.  When you get it down to ONE string of 7 and it hits often, you have a winner!! 

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7713 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:20 am - IP Logged

How many numbers in the other strings for Ohio?  With the string that won, a 12 number wheel with a guarantee of 4if4, it would take 113 tickets and, of course, not guarantee that the 5 correct would hit.  Seven strings at $113 each is expensive and would never pay for itself in California.  The payout for 4 in California is about $500 or less.

All the strings were either 11 or 12 numbers. One had 10. Oh, I know, this is going to be the tricky part, the wheels. I know we're only halfway there, CD. Time to start narrowing the strings down again! Any new ideas how we can go about that?

I think it is a loosing cause.  Too many tickets to buy.  Just having all 5 numbers in a string of 11 or 12 numbers and especially considering there are SEVEN strings makes it extremely expensive to play and I really doubt it would be profitable.  When you get it down to ONE string of 7 and it hits often, you have a winner!! 

I wouldn't call it a losing cause, that's kinda harsh. There's lots of ways to go about this. You're looking at the big picture, I guess. You only want the jackpot, but other people would probably be happy to win lots of 3's and 4's on a consistant basis. I'm one of those people. I'm not always going for the jackpot. I think you should maybe lower your expectations a little bit. It's like it's all or nothing with you. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think that was a very nice thing to call my system. And that's all it is, just a system to help people have something to start with when they go to choose their numbers. Instead of starting with 39 or however many , now they can look at 15 or less in each string.

United States
      Member #3489
      January 25, 2004
      14120 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:27 am - IP Logged

Wow.  You have no idea what I said do you?  Amazing!! 

Let me try to explain it again.  You have 7 strings of say 11 numbers.  Be realistic now, the BEST you can hope for is 4 correct.  To play for 4 correct you need to play a wheel that has 113 tickets.  Take 113 times 7 strings and you have invested $791 per draw.  As I pointed out Ohio has a fixed payout for 4 correct of $300.  Can you now see what I am talking about?  I was not talking about the jackpot...you were the one that was trying for the jackpot.  You can not make money when you invest $791 a draw for however many draws to get a return of $300. 

So you go ahead and be satisfied with your 3 and 4 correct at an investment of $791 per draw.  I will pass.

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7713 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Let me try to explain it again.  You have 7 strings of say 11 numbers.  Be realistic now, the BEST you can hope for is 4 correct.  To play for 4 correct you need to play a wheel that has 113 tickets.  Take 113 times 7 strings and you have invested $791 per draw.  As I pointed out Ohio has a fixed payout for 4 correct of $300.  Can you now see what I am talking about?  I was not talking about the jackpot...you were the one that was trying for the jackpot.  You can not make money when you invest $791 a draw for however many draws to get a return of $300. 

So you go ahead and be satisfied with your 3 and 4 correct at an investment of $791 per draw.  I will pass.

But that's one of the points I'm hoping to make in this test, that you won't have to play EVERY string to have a winner in there!! Every string tonight in the Ohio game was a winner, be it a replay up to the jackpot, you still could have won something. And there are plenty of wheels you can play for way less then $113 and still win. I'm looking at a 3 if 4 wheel for 11 numbers right now that only cost $10 in Gail Howard's Wheel Five To Win book! And lots of times you can hit a 4 spot using just that. I don't know where you get these huge wheels. The majority of people are going to play wheels like what I have.

United States
          Member #3489
          January 25, 2004
          14120 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:50 am - IP Logged

But that's one of the points I'm hoping to make in this test, that you won't have to play EVERY string to have a winner in there!! Every string tonight in the Ohio game was a winner, be it a replay up to the jackpot, you still could have won something. And there are plenty of wheels you can play for way less then $113 and still win. I'm looking at a 3 if 4 wheel for 11 numbers right now that only cost $10 in Gail Howard's Wheel Five To Win book! And lots of times you can hit a 4 spot using just that. I don't know where you get these huge wheels. The majority of people are going to play wheels like what I have.

OK, then.  POST the numbers for each string and let's see how you do.  If you can make a profit, I will be glad to play.  BTW, a 3if4/11 wheel only requires 9 tickets.  You should throw out the Gail Howard book and start using the wheels here on LP.  There are none better.

United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:57 am - IP Logged

BTW, I have been using wheels since the 1980s.  I have books and many programs and have designed many myself using Excel.  You say that you can many times hit a 4 correct playing a 3if4 wheel.  How do you figure that?  The guarantee is THREE.  You will find that it is extremely rare to hit the 4 correct.  How do you figure "many times"?  Does Gail say that?  It has never happend to me, but yes, it is possible....but "many times"?  I would have to see that.  Please start posting the 5-digit numbers for each string...you pick the state. 

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7713 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:02 am - IP Logged

BTW, I have been using wheels since the 1980s.  I have books and many programs and have designed many myself using Excel.  You say that you can many times hit a 4 correct playing a 3if4 wheel.  How do you figure that?  The guarantee is THREE.  You will find that it is extremely rare to hit the 4 correct.  How do you figure "many times"?  Does Gail say that?  It has never happend to me, but yes, it is possible....but "many times"?  I would have to see that.  Please start posting the 5-digit numbers for each string...you pick the state. 

I  meant "many" times as in "different" times, when you keep using the wheel on a regular basis. Not all together. I don't understand what "posting the 5-digit numbers for each string" means?

United States
                Member #3489
                January 25, 2004
                14120 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:10 am - IP Logged

I  meant "many" times as in "different" times, when you keep using the wheel on a regular basis. Not all together. I don't understand what "posting the 5-digit numbers for each string" means?

The string has 11 numbers.  Playing a Pick 5 means you have to play FIVE numbers at a time.

Show us what you would BET using those 11 numbers on each of the 7 strings.  Very simple.

United States
                  Member #3489
                  January 25, 2004
                  14120 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:12 am - IP Logged

I still contend that hitting 4 correct using a 3if4 wheel is extremely rare.  Please show us the different times it hits. 

Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #40295
                    May 31, 2006
                    7713 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I still contend that hitting 4 correct using a 3if4 wheel is extremely rare.  Please show us the different times it hits. 

If you have the wheel you can check it yourself anytime you want. Until my own wheels are finished I would use Gail Howard's. Am I allowed to publish wheels on here that are copyrighted? I myself would probably play wheels that are in the $30 to $40 dollar range but I'm suggesting  that people who are on a smaller budget can still play $10 and still win something. And, yes, on occasion when the numbers in your strings are lined up in a certain way (which is what I'm working on with the clusters) then I believe it's very possible to hit 4 spots using a 3 if 4 wheel. Just looking through my book if I were playing the 12 number string for the Ohio last night, if I played the 4 if 5 wheel at $37 I would've won seven 3 spots and two 4 spots, The 3 if 3 wheel at $30 would've given me five 3 spots and

two 4 spots, and the 3 if 4 wheel for $12 would've give me four 3 spots. You still would've come out ahead on any of these. Now I didn't try that putting them in the order of my clusters. That was just straight across in numeric order. I'll try it out with the clusters and get back to you a little later. Hope your wife's doing better!

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                      The Carolinas - Charlotte
                      United States
                      Member #21627
                      September 12, 2005
                      4138 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:32 am - IP Logged

lottolaughs

This is very interesting, since I have family in Ohio. How many combos would you have had to play with those strings in order to get the 1st prize?

Keith

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
                        Member #3489
                        January 25, 2004
                        14120 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:42 am - IP Logged

If you have the wheel you can check it yourself anytime you want. Until my own wheels are finished I would use Gail Howard's. Am I allowed to publish wheels on here that are copyrighted? I myself would probably play wheels that are in the $30 to $40 dollar range but I'm suggesting  that people who are on a smaller budget can still play $10 and still win something. And, yes, on occasion when the numbers in your strings are lined up in a certain way (which is what I'm working on with the clusters) then I believe it's very possible to hit 4 spots using a 3 if 4 wheel. Just looking through my book if I were playing the 12 number string for the Ohio last night, if I played the 4 if 5 wheel at $37 I would've won seven 3 spots and two 4 spots, The 3 if 3 wheel at $30 would've given me five 3 spots and

two 4 spots, and the 3 if 4 wheel for $12 would've give me four 3 spots. You still would've come out ahead on any of these. Now I didn't try that putting them in the order of my clusters. That was just straight across in numeric order. I'll try it out with the clusters and get back to you a little later. Hope your wife's doing better!

That is great.  Now post the tickets that you would play for TONIGHT.

Sunny California
                          United States
                          Member #40295
                          May 31, 2006
                          7713 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:43 am - IP Logged

lottolaughs

This is very interesting, since I have family in Ohio. How many combos would you have had to play with those strings in order to get the 1st prize?

Keith

I'm working on that as we speak,cps10! Will try and get the answer a little today if I can. Keep an eye out.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                            The Carolinas - Charlotte
                            United States
                            Member #21627
                            September 12, 2005
                            4138 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:55 am - IP Logged

alright...thanks a lot! This is very interesting indeed. I wonder if we could carry these strings over into South Carolina.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
                              Member #27050
                              November 26, 2005
                              40272 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Just let me inject something here....as everyone knows, a wheel is a good as the numbers put into it.  Chosing the right numbers for ANY wheel is the challenge.  In defense of Gail Howard's wheels, I have been using her 3if4 wheel with very good success.  There have been several times where I have gotten 4 numbers in the wheel and still trapped the numbers for the 4 number prize.  In NJ, the payout for 4 numbers is pretty good, usually over $500.  I play my wheel when I think the numbers are due.  Since January of this year, I have hit 8  4-number prizes and countless 3-number prizes.  I use a wheel which has 16 numbers which costs $37.  One draw, when I had all five numbers in the wheel come out, I had 3-4 number wins and 8 3 number wins.  Just last week, I had all five numbers come out, and I had 1 4-number win and 8 3-number wins.  I have tried 4if4 wheels, 3if3 wheels, and 3if5 wheels but have had essentially ALL my success with the 3if4 wheel.  The cost to go up to a 4if4 wheel is not worth the risk, IMHO.  One of the thing that Gail has in her P5 wheel system is the ability to see how your wheel has done in the past for a given state.  Even with a 4if4 wheel, there are very few 5 number wins.  Granted, there are MANY more 4 number wins, but again, the price of the wheel is too high.  One must also keep in mind that as you go from a 4 number win to a 5 number win, the odds jump dramatically (depending on the number of balls).   

Lep