Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rest In Peace Dial Up

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 years ago by lotterybraker.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
Member #26882
November 23, 2005
1404 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2006, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Whats dial up.
I still have to crank the handle on the side of the box and ask the operator for a connection.

ROFL

Hhahahahahhaha! And shoot ground hogs from yer back porch too! What a Great Life! Reminds me of Green Acers. I have to climb the pole to make my connection hahahahahha!

Yes Nod

Correction Green Acres of course! And who don't remember that show?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2006, 12:41 am - IP Logged

I use dial-up because I'm a Slowski. No need to drive a hundred miles an hour into a tree when you can do it at fifty.

I use dialup.  Call me an old fashioned kind of gal.  I often wonder why I bought a new laptop that I couldn't afford when my HP 8250 desktop was purring like a kitten.  Social pressure I guess!!  

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      918 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2006, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Two thumbs up for The Slowskis Smiley

For those unfamiliar with The Slowskis, they are a couple of turtles on a current series of Comcast Broadband commercials. They do not like the high speed of broadband internet because it is just too fast for them to understand and it makes them nervous.

My Maltese loves to bark at those commercials when they come on the tv.

The Slowskis have risen slowly but surely to favorite status, just surpassing the Geico Gecko (although it is a close race at the moment)...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2006, 2:12 am - IP Logged

The Slowskis have risen slowly but surely to favorite status, just surpassing the Geico Gecko (although it is a close race at the moment)...

and they're off.  The gecko is beating the turtle by a hare. Big Grin

Since you live in Florida, I don't have to tell you that those little lizzards are much faster than turtles. I have a heck of a time catching them in my house.  I'm putting my money on the Maltese.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
          mississippi
          United States
          Member #34478
          March 3, 2006
          5903 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2006, 2:20 am - IP Logged

for years and years I used dial-up..I have a 1994 Macintosh on my other desk hooked up to dial-up with a 14.4 moden..slow would be a understatement..I just got AOL.4.0 on that thing a couple 2-3 years ago..before that I was still using AOL 2.7..how many of you can remember that version of AOL..lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"