Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

chewie poll

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 11 years ago by wannawin24.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

what do you think happen to chewie

he won the jackpot [ 10 ]  [25.00%]
he is serving a life sentence [ 4 ]  [10.00%]
he choked on a pretzel [ 2 ]  [5.00%]
he moved to a nursing home without internet access [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
he robbed a burger king in broad daylight [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
he died peacefully and with dignity [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
he quit coming here to this site [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
he moved abroad [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
don't care [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
not sure [ 5 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #16612
June 2, 2005
3493 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2006, 12:49 am - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE, my vote is one day chewie wins a jackpot.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Chewie      Chewie      Chewie..........

I also miss his unmatched wit.

I think that Chewie is like me, but many years ago. He searched far for the truth using the most fundamental method. Logic, reality, common sense, horse sense, and every other trait in between, inate in all of Mankind. He needs a crossroad, in order to question any of it, like I did. I've had a few of them, if that's even possible, but they did happen anyway....

I'm not talking about finding religion. I'm talking about finding the truth. As Pilot said to Jesus, "Everyone has truths".

But as you'll see in a moment, life has a way of leading someone to a more spiritual sense than not, when a s mortal crisis is personally felt. It has a way of sobering you up. At least in my experiences.

Those crossroads did a number on me because of bad decisions. The scary part of all those experiences was the sobering effect on reality. In other words, when I was in that perdicament, all trivial problems that we argue or get depressed over go right out the window.

It yields the person to have a humbling effect afterwards.

Bottom line is, based on my experiences.....No matter how much proof ( Like I do ) you have about why this life is no more than Aliens grafting DNA with monkeys.....it is my experience that on my dying day I will pray to God to have mercy on me, and give me just one more minute of life. I'd scratch, beg, scream, Kick, and openly petition for just one more breath.

The brain is an extremely misunderstood computer. It does much more than calculate basic code. It can create virtual reality scenarios and be very realistic.

Self preservation, afraid of one's mortality, can be a good reason to invent a meaning to our lives. But until someone goes through seemingly near death experiences, they will never have that sobering affect which is the key to the humbling mentioned earlier. Those real-life experiences are the closest thing you can get as far as proof goes. Either they are real, or just made up by the mind..... 

I'm not sure if those feelings are just one more defense mechanism designed by the gray matter to kick in the story telling, just to calm the nerves and create order in the mind . But nonetheless, something to consider.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I will never know up until that moment. That's the problem. I gotta cover my behind.....LOL

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2006, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Sometimes the lens fogs up on that 3rd Eye, PAC.  NDE tends to pull it out and polish it up some, if it doesn't do anything else.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
        Magnolia, Delaware
        United States
        Member #18795
        July 20, 2005
        789 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2006, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I voted that I feel he won a jackpot (what size it was is anyones guess) but it was enough to stop coming here! Oh and BTW I very much concider being on MOST PEOPLES block list here or to be simply ignored when I post something, AN HONOR! 

And another thing I have made 3 purchases (past couple of months) online with a credit card buying cigarettes and no letter from my state saying that I owe them any unpaid taxes on said purchases! Mmmm sounds like the credit card companies aren't following what they said they would do! I Love The Ol' Mighty Plastic Buck. It Speaks In Such Volume, That It's Earth Shattering! You Just Gotta Love It!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2006, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I voted that I feel he won a jackpot (what size it was is anyones guess) but it was enough to stop coming here! Oh and BTW I very much concider being on MOST PEOPLES block list here or to be simply ignored when I post something, AN HONOR! 

And another thing I have made 3 purchases (past couple of months) online with a credit card buying cigarettes and no letter from my state saying that I owe them any unpaid taxes on said purchases! Mmmm sounds like the credit card companies aren't following what they said they would do! I Love The Ol' Mighty Plastic Buck. It Speaks In Such Volume, That It's Earth Shattering! You Just Gotta Love It!

Oh and BTW I very much concider being on MOST PEOPLES block list here or to be simply ignored when I post something, AN HONOR! 

I tips my hat to you.  I don't know whether we agree on anything else, but we agree on that, except for the word, 'most'.  Most is ambiguous enough to cause me to waffle some, since there are only 50 or so people on my block list, I'm guessing, and 14,000 members.  13,955 missing and assumed daid.

Hi barista.

J

Egos don't count.

Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2006, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Well Rip, I may not be on yours, but for the others here that flap their keys and expressed their discontent for my comments/venom, I am on their block list! Mmm I guess I'm slipping in my old age ROFL.

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
              Member #15309
              May 13, 2005
              307 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2006, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Browsing through the discussion here, I see I have missed some fun.  I'm tempted to respond, but then maybe it's not a good idea.  Hmm, I'll have to ponder on that one awhile.  It's a life-changing decision...

Sun Smiley             

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2006, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Well Rip, I may not be on yours, but for the others here that flap their keys and expressed their discontent for my comments/venom, I am on their block list! Mmm I guess I'm slipping in my old age ROFL.

Barrista:

I don't recall ever experiencing any discontent over your comments, nor expressed any venom toward you.

Just keeping the record straight.  I don't know whether I like you or not.  I certainly disagree with you on some matters we both probably consider important.

But you've never spewed any venom at me, so far as I recall, and I hope I've never spewed any at you.  You strike me as a person who might be okay, at least okay as defined by 21st century standards.

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2006, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

On the other hand, you're certainly welcome to pay your way onto my block list in the same way those others did.

Truth is, I'd prefer you didn't, or at least don't do a better job of it than you have in the past.  You make a middling good straight man and a man sometimes needs a backboard to keep those rebounds working.

J

Egos don't count.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31553 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2006, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

wonder what ever happen to chewie?

you either loved him or hated him but either way he was a very visible member here at lottery post before he abruptly vanished.

at first i didn't care for him.  after exchanging a few pm's, got to understand what he was doing.  sure wish he'd come back.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Magnolia, Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #18795
                      July 20, 2005
                      789 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2006, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Rip, I don't recall any venom being spewed between you and I. Mmm I don't see any reason to pay my way to anyones block list (it'll come in due time all on it's own..... lol). It's just the inevitable....... lol

I read your comments here on LP and I do laugh at them when funny, I also see when you speak directly to make a point that needs to be made. Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2006, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Maybe we should start an MIA list. Visiondude, Sedertree, bunch of others.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5146 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2006, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Chewie    Chewie    Chewieeeeee::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I voted, not sure this....."time"

IF you ever appear....... again

IOU a bottle of "The Monkey Bottle " wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE: pacattack05..........that was a great post........HAPPY -Ucan Write so well!

PSYKOMO 

konane's avatar - wallace
                            Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3351 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2006, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8396 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2006, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Chewie    Chewie    Chewieeeeee::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

NOTE: pacattack05..........that was a great post........HAPPY -Ucan Write so well!

PSYKOMO 

folks this is physcos post translated into something readable.

Chewie Chewie Chewieeeeee::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                              PSYKOMO