Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Tree of Knowledge--Cracking The Code

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
New York, NY
United States
Member #39471
May 16, 2006
2698 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2006, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Caveat: We know for a fact that lotteries ( the ones we play and predict on here) are random and therefore (?) uncrackable. Everything said below should therefore be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

What if it were possible for someone to crack the code to a number of states pick 4?

Please tell me since we're just dealing in hypotheticals and we know this cannot happen, what would you do if you had that knowledge?

Don't you think if this were possible, that such knowledge in careless hands could cause a lot of damage? Some people would want to get rich overnight, forcing the states to either shut down the lotteries or introduce measures to unrandomize the drawings... 

Seriously if you possessed that information (and we're are just assuming that such kowledge exists--but we know it's not possible) what would you do with it after making a few dollars for yourself and your family and for a few people on LP?

"And the LG said, see the man has become like one of us--knowing too much. Less he put forth his hand and eat also of the tree of life ..."

$$$

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't want to get rich over night.. I would enjoy just playing a few tickets collecting every day at different stores.. and continuing working as I do, so people would never know..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2006, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Caveat: We know for a fact that lotteries ( the ones we play and predict on here) are random and therefore (?) uncrackable. Everything said below should therefore be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

What if it were possible for someone to crack the code to a number of states pick 4?

Please tell me since we're just dealing in hypotheticals and we know this cannot happen, what would you do if you had that knowledge?

Don't you think if this were possible, that such knowledge in careless hands could cause a lot of damage? Some people would want to get rich overnight, forcing the states to either shut down the lotteries or introduce measures to unrandomize the drawings... 

Seriously if you possessed that information (and we're are just assuming that such kowledge exists--but we know it's not possible) what would you do with it after making a few dollars for yourself and your family and for a few people on LP?

"And the LG said, see the man has become like one of us--knowing too much. Less he put forth his hand and eat also of the tree of life ..."

I think you're correct.  It woud be dangerous knowledge.

There used to be a saying about the 1917 Winchester (WWI) .30-06.  "It kills on one end and maims on the other."

I suspect the knowledge you're describing would act similarly with the person who had it, but not carefully enough, and with the people whom it was passed onto with too little care.

There used to be a play about someone who found a Monkey God idol somewhere and the curse it pased on ...... Also some legend about a green eye of a yellow God getting passed around along with a curse.

This knowledge mightn't be that different.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
        Member #1987
        August 5, 2003
        8968 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2006, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Fibonacci: 

That type of question has been asked many times here on the Lottery Post. Here are some of the links:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/133832

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/135366

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/136829

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2006, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't want to get rich over night.. I would enjoy just playing a few tickets collecting every day at different stores.. and continuing working as I do, so people would never know..

I Agree!     

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2006, 12:19 am - IP Logged

I'd get rich overnight and buy myself a genie, ( even though we know it's impossible to own one) and make her give me just one wish. That's what I would do....

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3114 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2006, 1:24 am - IP Logged

The lottery won't care until it affects their bottom line, after which they will make the game parimutuel and go back to sleep.  BobP

New York, NY
                United States
                Member #39471
                May 16, 2006
                2698 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2006, 7:32 am - IP Logged

So, Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to crack the code to a few states lotteries, they should not share that information less they spoil the fun for everyone--is that the consensus?

$$$

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11339 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2006, 7:49 am - IP Logged

i would keep the info to myself and i wouldn't get greedy so i could continue to milk it as long as i possibly can.....

New York, NY
                    United States
                    Member #39471
                    May 16, 2006
                    2698 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2006, 7:54 am - IP Logged

i would keep the info to myself and i wouldn't get greedy so i could continue to milk it as long as i possibly can.....

I like that approach partially. But I believe in the natural law of sharing responsibly. I would share the benfits of the knowledge and make others who can be responsibole get a piece of the action, but I would keep the code to myself.

Which leads me to my next question: How do you go about sharing the benfits of the knowledge with others? Take LP. What would be the best way to ensure that LP members get some of the action without attracting too much attention, if a code were cracked? 

$$$

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11339 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2006, 7:55 am - IP Logged

if you study certain states that have quads hit often and play those states online you can make a nice profit.this would only include about seven or eight states and no more than that.i haven't done it yet but if the online thing lives and doesn't get banned i plan to bet on the quads exclusively.i'll go ahead and tell you the states.look them up for 2005.......oregon,michgan,connecticut,indiana,kentucky,georgia,virginia and pennsylvania pick 4.

Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #35590
                        March 20, 2006
                        185 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2006, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Recently I stated that after winning I would post my system formula on the LP board.......now I am having seconds thoughts on doing so. First that may not be fair to MM, after all they are in the business of making money like any other cooperate entity. If the winning formula(more of a strategy) was misused....then MM would very likely go out of business, because they would not be generating enough income to sustain themselves....and other people would loose the opportunity to make something of themselves with the money they have won. Second, this is a big business....almost like organized crime....and I would not want upset people come gunning for me.

So....when the next Marylander wins(which will be me Big Smile) then I think I will just dissapear quietly into the night and let everyone figure out there own way. It sounds selfish and I am not a elfish person....but I don't want to be looking over my back the rest of my life either.

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Fibonnaci, what do you mean by: "...Introduce measures to Unrandomize the drawings" what do you mean by "unrandomize"?

After careful observation, i've come to realize that men, they are just to full of trickery...Just to think of the way men trick women gives me examples...If i had such knowledges, I will share it with women only, and make sure women get the knowledge only, no men...Men will say one thing one day, and do the opposite the next...And my biggest question, one where you can test men is, what if you hand the chance, what if the chance was right in your face, will you still say no...And is not saying no, really what will do it, but certain actions and demeanors that will tell you if a men will say no when face with such opportunity...Sorry no offense to anyone, but men can't not be trusted don't care what race they are...Women ought to be the ones trusted with the tree of knowledge, wish such knowlege, don't care how mean, or greedy they are...It is just funny how they portray women in some movies...The only drawback to all this is that one will have to teach women about making their money multiply, like in Investment....

Having such knowlege will be the ultimate thing, because you could always drink water when you needed it...I personally will try and get a good bunch and invest it, that way i wouldn't have to depend on the lottery...I love the word Investing...

Somebody said:  "First that may not be fair to MM, after all they are in the business of making money like any other cooperate entity."

I will not mind knowing the secret to megamillions because this is the way i view it: Since is a multi state game i view it as my city or my state against other state, so i will not mind if my city or my state won all the time, Better for my state...

"...MOre important than winning all the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"..."..

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately, there is no way to crack pick4...UNless they change the machine and make it look like a cylindrical or squared gumball candy machine that is bad the numbers from the bottom (just a theory)...And that they make the balls a bit bigger...That's the only way i can think there will be a way to make money off of pick4..

But i think one of the benefits that there will be if there was a way to make money off of pick4, will be that bank robbing will slow down and scams, and certain types of robbery, perhaps car robbery, identity theft, etc, etc, and the list goes on...why because, there is a way where you can make money, and that will be pick4...But if it was me i will start first with pick3....(just a theory)
                            It will be like having a stock market in your state/city..but more simpler for how many people know stock market vocabulary, moves and decisions...Lottery will be easier, because you either get the numbers right or you don't...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19903 Posts
                              Posted: July 20, 2006, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Fibonacci writes:
                              What if it were possible for someone to crack the code to a number of states pick 4?  Please tell me since we're just dealing in hypotheticals and we know this cannot happen, what would you do if you had that knowledge?

Such knowledge would be worthless to me because I don't play pick4 games.  I doubt if anyone had such knowledge ,they could afford to share it since pick4 games pay only $5000 for a $1 bet and having a few $5000 wins wouldn't make anyone rich.  Besides the same person showing up weekly to claim the top prize in a pick4 game would trigger an investigation and if it was found that a system could beat the game it would be changed before anyone could win enough to get rich.

If I was working on a lottery system to beat a lottery game it would a jackpot game where winning $25M+ is normal, that way I could win again before anyone figured I had a system that worked and I wouldn't care if they changed it then because with $50M+ I could find better ways to make money than playing lotteries.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking