Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Thanks for CalifDude

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #35326
March 16, 2006
5 Posts
Posted: July 22, 2006, 1:32 am - IP Logged

did u play them rip snorter?

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 22, 2006, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear that you feel that older members have less confidence and respect in me, and that you feel there is widespread tension, and that you feel LP has been damaged.

That's certainly a lengthy diagnosis, and I'm glad that you care enough about the forums to express it.

If you're serious about your concern, I hope that you'll explore ways of helping solve the problem, rather than adding to it.

Todd:

The easiest way to solve the problem, from my perspective, is the one I mentioned in my last post, which you implemented months ago for pick 3 predictors.

I don't see myself as part of the 'LQ problem'.  I see LQ and Kander as the the totality of that problem, if such a problem exists.

Members are going to believe what they want to believe about all this, so long as it continues, with or without me 'adding to it'.  The thing has momentum, and it has hourly reminders from LQ and Kander.  I could and will silence myself on the issue henceforth.

But that ain't going to make the problem go away.  The innuendo will continue among other members because there's a continuous source of nutrients for it,  a constant reminder.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 22, 2006, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Todd:

Here's the sort of thing I'm referring to as 'tension'.

The rancor on all this and the high feeling began immediately when the first mention was made questioning the entire issue of the LQ phenomenon.  The LQ fans reacted to the mere question of it as though someone had deliberately poisoned the dog.

And that's how it's been since.  They're aggressive, they're rude, they're all manner of things we'd be thinking of as 'the problem' if it involved anyone but LQ.

Jack

Standard Member
      Standard Member

United States
      Member #35725
      March 16, 2006
      5 Posts
      Quote Bucs FanReport Inappropriate ContentTop of pagePosted: Today, 1:44 am - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/138632

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/138545

if u are referring to this person Pukeon her/him.As i told before the only difference btw this person and a bucket of trash is the bucket.

Egos don't count.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: July 22, 2006, 1:58 am - IP Logged

it is strange to see the person jack is referring to posting pick 3 numbers in lottery discussion.i'm not going to say i'm for it or against it.i didn't even notice until a couple weeks ago when i got curious and took a peek at it.i've always thought when a person posted pick 3,pick 4 or pick 5 numbers in lottery discussion it got bumped to the appropriate forum.after all it is lottery discussion.i think a member by the name of stefan brought this up but didn't mention the name out of courtesy or respect but most people get it.lots of people have been asking why its there and not in pick 3.i just say i have no idea and leave it at that.

Myrtle Beach, SC
          United States
          Member #18457
          July 12, 2005
          3433 Posts
          Posted: July 22, 2006, 2:16 am - IP Logged
          I have wanted to say that for some time Jack. "Frankly, I think the LQ/Kander phenomenon is damaging LQ, which I dislike seeing happen." Thank you!

As a member here, I have been reluctant to make any statement in these regards (seems to take a strange twist when members do.) It wouldn't surprise me that it will not happen to me after posting on this thread. What I see is eroding this site. I'm amazed in the increasing amount of member on member criticism produced within these threads. So at what point do we say enough is enough? There snips going on now, on a poll concerning members posting status. I just don’t see the point in it.

Todd, even you took a snip at Bryan on his thoughts, I found your comment degrading as a reader. I don't even know the member. I normally follow your post, because you are the administrator.

I thought the goal for this site was to help each other. It wasn't this bad when I first join, and I for one enjoy being a member here. Change is in the making, attitude and consideration to all members, old and new....

If I have offended anyone, I apologize. I mean no disrespect to anyone. I had to get this of my chest.

Thanks

pcnut

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

David Starr Jordan

S.C.'s weekly-indicative random pairs: 05, 12, 13, 16, 18, 23, 34

Enjoy

pcnut

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2006, 2:42 am - IP Logged

it was a joke with bryan that todd made.he was good naturedly playing around with bryan about the top posters issue.however as far as the issue that jack is referring to i will say i do see discontent with that person being allowed to post pick 3 numbers in the lottery discussion because its not a discussion.

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2006, 2:43 am - IP Logged

like your avatar there pcnut.pretty cool.one of the best i've seen yet.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: July 22, 2006, 2:47 am - IP Logged

I see nothing strange about this bumping fahnamenon......

Just look at the p-3 forum. Unless it's a weekly challenge, to which I sometimes indulge, A post that's new or just a response to one woudn't last but a few minutes before it ends up on the next page. Sure that's not a "BUMP" by definition, but posts do get pushed into the next page rather quickly. Neither good or bad.....just an observation.

I reply or post in the p-3 forum once in a while. But for the most part it's being constantly updated by new predictions for different states, so I don't bother.

Myrtle Beach, SC
                  United States
                  Member #18457
                  July 12, 2005
                  3433 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2006, 2:51 am - IP Logged

it was a joke with bryan that todd made.he was good naturedly playing around with bryan about the top posters issue.however as far as the issue that jack is referring to i will say i do see discontent with that person being allowed to post pick 3 numbers in the lottery discussion because its not a discussion.

Thanks LOTTOMIKE,

When I first visited the thread, I just saw the first comment to Bryan's post not the remander, but after revisiting an hour later, I saw additional comment in joking tone, so I do stand corrected at this time. I just removed myself from the thread after seeing the first comment. As for the other matters, I wish change can be made.

Thanks

pcnut

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

David Starr Jordan

Enjoy

pcnut

Myrtle Beach, SC
                    United States
                    Member #18457
                    July 12, 2005
                    3433 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2006, 2:53 am - IP Logged

like your avatar there pcnut.pretty cool.one of the best i've seen yet.

Thanks,

I like that hand full of cash in your avatar!!!

pcnut

David Starr Jordan

Enjoy

pcnut

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23345 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2006, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Once again things here are thrown off track by a thread that is created for the sheer purpose of going after a person rather than an idea.  I thought I already dealt with this issue the last time.

Jack, every post you make you always end with "if you want I'll shut up", or "I'll be silent", or whatever.  Nobody wants you to "shut up" or "be quiet", so I'm really not sure why you keep saying that.

However, I for one would really like it if you would stop needling this issue to death, and just leave it be.  If you personally feel that the "LQ/Kander" issue is damaging LP, then you have clearly made your point, and I have disagreed with you every time.

Although I do not want you to "shut up", I would appreciate if you could stop bring up this non-issue, because the people who are the subject of your messages feel that you are attacking them, and in my opinion they have good reason to feel that.

*deep breath*

OK, so how about we come up with a solution?

The problem as I see it is that you and some others are very bothered by the manner in which some of the other members carry out their discussion.

Right now there is the ability to block someone, and I have no doubt that you are blocking those people.  However, the blocking mechanism currently allows you to see the existence of a message, so I'm guessing that the fact that you even that these people are posting messages at all still bothers you.

What if I could come up with some kind of "superblock" (with a big "S" on the chest) which would hide the very existence of a message/person?  I could even do something that would block the complete topic (with all replies) that was started by a person of your choice.

If I was to do such a thing, would that satisfy you to the point where you would never bring this up again? 

Also, I just want to mention that developing a superblock feature is no small excercise, since I will have to modify many pages and lots of database code.  I will gladly do it, but I just want to be sure that it will completely solve the problem before I put in the effort.

Please let me know.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2006, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Todd:

I'd hate to see you go to all the trouble of a superblock feature.  The one you have is adequate.

If you were going to put that kind of energy into something I'd far prefer it go into a feature that allows the use of the prediction page, history, statistics, etc, including ranking, to be optionally private.

We'll have to disagree on who's been attacking whom around here.  I suspect you've not had time to read the threads.  (I love those beat'em over the head, throw water on 'em, vomit on 'em omitacons ---- great stuff)

Handle the LQ thing any way you wish, think whatever you wish about my thoughts on it. 

I'll have nothing more to say about it.  It ain't my business.

Egos don't count.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23345 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2006, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Nobody, including you, has reported any threads in which attacks have taken place from LQ, Kander, or anyone else.

You keep saying that bad things are happening, but when I ask for a link to those bad things, I can hear nothing but the crickets chirping.  I always respond to reports of attacking when people click the Report button, so please don't complain about something like this when you have never reported anything.  You either have something to report or you don't.  It is true that I don't have time to read every post, which is why that feature is there, like a neighborhood watch program.

To say it ain't your business is a bit disingenuous, because you have made it your business by bringing this up repeatedly.

I would be interested to hear more detail about your ideas with the predictions page, and how that would solve whatever problems you're having.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2006, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Nobody, including you, has reported any threads in which attacks have taken place from LQ, Kander, or anyone else.

You keep saying that bad things are happening, but when I ask for a link to those bad things, I can hear nothing but the crickets chirping.  I always respond to reports of attacking when people click the Report button, so please don't complain about something like this when you have never reported anything.  You either have something to report or you don't.  It is true that I don't have time to read every post, which is why that feature is there, like a neighborhood watch program.

To say it ain't your business is a bit disingenuous, because you have made it your business by bringing this up repeatedly.

I would be interested to hear more detail about your ideas with the predictions page, and how that would solve whatever problems you're having.

The second part of that sentence managed to imoticon the first half.

I'd like to see the predictions page optionally a tool for testing ideas and systems, as opposed to a (sometimes fun game, horserace) between members who enjoy that sort of thing (and I sometimes do).

I think a lot of members might use the predictions page more if that were a premium membership option.  At the moment the only option is to test every idea, every method in public.  Success would be a disaster because of the public attention and acclaim. ( Failure on the other hand, might benefit someone.  I suppose if anyone were paying attention it might save them having to try the same thing.)

The "problem", if there is one, is that it's relatively easy to watch the predictions and figure out what method was applied to get the success, failure, or neutral results.

But you doing anything on LP has nothing to do with any problem I have.  If my doing anything on LP has anything to do with any problem you have I don't know what it might be.

I am a bit saddened, momentarily to know you persist in thinking what's happening here is a Jack Purcell issue, and a Jack Purcell problem. 

You'll have no reason to think that in the future, and I'll have no reason to think I can bring up any issue regarding the nuts and bolts of LP without it being percieved as an attack.

Both viewpoints will be appropro.

Thank you Todd.

Jack

Egos don't count.

paurths's avatar - underground
                              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                              Belgium
                              Member #19287
                              July 29, 2005
                              2254 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2006, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Hi,

i should most likely mind my own business, but what the heck lol, it's saturday afternoon and i just read about Rip's underwear LOL

I, for one, very much liked this post, about Rip's underwear:

silky
                              Posted: Today, 9:37 am - IP Logged - http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/135793/27
                              "...maybe Rip's underwear are to tight cutting off blood flow to the brain of { mine your own bussiness} Leave the Queen ALONE ! this trend helps people. and as for Todd, I found him to be so cool that He's "Hot" This trend isn't hurting anyone at all . it's all the  STUPID{polls} That makes it hard for new people when thats all you see when logging on."

Also glad to know there are so many stupid {polls} on LP... where is Mike all of a sudden ? Jester

cheers
                              Ricky

PS: bump ;-)
                              just trying to lighten up things a bit, my apologies to anyone i may have offended with this