Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pencil and Paper Jackpot Calculations

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CountingMan.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How much time do you spend figuring up your jackpot game number selections?

15 minutes or less [ 13 ]  [29.55%]
Up to 30 minutes [ 3 ]  [6.82%]
About one hour [ 7 ]  [15.91%]
Two hours [ 5 ]  [11.36%]
Three or four hours [ 6 ]  [13.64%]
An entire day's work [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
Three or four days [ 5 ]  [11.36%]
Other (please explain) [ 3 ]  [6.82%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
boston
United States
Member #5586
July 12, 2004
130 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2006, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

My program does exactly the same you described.  I play 4 numbers only because the odds are better. I find that if 1 comes then most of the time, the difference between the first and second, second and third and third and fourth number is 2;1;2 so based on the latest 3000 draws of massachusetts keno if 1 comes up then i figure 1 3 4 6 is the most propable combo of four numbers.

Charlotte
    United States
    Member #42106
    June 27, 2006
    59 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2006, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I have used Lotto Pro myself, with no real wins.  However, I took some of the features that Lotto Pro has, namely the skip chart, and adapted it to Excel for use with any Lottery drawing.  I principally use it for Megamillions and Powerball.  I can drop in the winning numbers, and it will display the skip chart with the number of drawings since a particular number hit.  I did this because the skip chart in Lotto Pro had shown patterns of trending that I noticed, and I wanted something more expansive than the limited skip chart that the program gave you.  By developing the Excel workbook, it also allowed me to develop separate skip charts for only the white balls, the Powerballs, and a combined chart with all drawn numbers.  I have noticed that, in many instances, the number that hit are within 1 or 2 of those that I have played.  As usual, close  but no cigar.

Has anyone else noticed the trending of number that I mentioned?  I am curious to know if anyone has developed a similar methodology in their analysis of the games they play, and whether they have had any luck.