Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

“Money doesn’t mean a great deal to me"

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2006, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention that what Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Turkey, India and Italy (and only those seven), need is a 1 billion dollar lottery played twice a year just like Spain's...But they need first to start with 500 million (which to me, in some of these countries, 500 million is like 1 billion)....But of course starting a lottery like that you have to first do research, polls, surveys, etc to see if it and how it will work..

"...Those eyes....    .....they dissappeared..."          from movie "Predator 1"

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
    Member #12618
    March 18, 2005
    2060 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2006, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I admit money is important to me. It's not the number one thing in my life like my family and friends, but I enjoy having it. Who doesn't.

Dance like no one is watching.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Forgot to mention.....8th country= Greece...

"For the glory of Rome..."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2006, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Your just lining a salesmans pocket.... 

A general misconception!  New cars, unless they are expensive luxury vehicles, don't have a lot of markup in them from invoice to sticker. On the other hand, used car salespeople make much more money on a deal.  If you know cars and a trustworthy mechanic, it's usually best to buy a used car from a private party unless you need special financing.

One other comment. I don't want to be a hypocrite or misunderstood. I would absolutely, positively, without question L-O-V-E to be wealthy!!  When I said I agreed with Rick, which I do, I was referring to people who waste money by financing a $35,000 car for 6 years paying $600 a month, which they can't afford.  If I won a big jackpot, I would definitely like a nice car, but I doubt if it would be flashy like a Ferrari or Aston Martin. When I first began seeing those big yellow Hummers in Naples where there isn't even a hill, I thought they looked stupid. However, considering I see about 4 accidents a day around here, many fatal, they probably make good armour.  I probably would buy a Honda CR-V. I'm not sure I'd own 2 cars, but a Prius would be nice just to drive around town, although they're very small. The new Civic is really sharp and gets great mileage, although that 2006 Honda S2000 is very nice too!  (and so on and so on and so on....)

So I guess that's what money means to me - choices!!  I doubt I'd be frivolous even if I were a millionaire, but I'd have "F-you" money.  (F standing for Freedom of course. LOL)

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31334 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2006, 2:05 am - IP Logged

Your just lining a salesmans pocket.... 

A general misconception!  New cars, unless they are expensive luxury vehicles, don't have a lot of markup in them from invoice to sticker. On the other hand, used car salespeople make much more money on a deal.  If you know cars and a trustworthy mechanic, it's usually best to buy a used car from a private party unless you need special financing.

One other comment. I don't want to be a hypocrite or misunderstood. I would absolutely, positively, without question L-O-V-E to be wealthy!!  When I said I agreed with Rick, which I do, I was referring to people who waste money by financing a $35,000 car for 6 years paying $600 a month, which they can't afford.  If I won a big jackpot, I would definitely like a nice car, but I doubt if it would be flashy like a Ferrari or Aston Martin. When I first began seeing those big yellow Hummers in Naples where there isn't even a hill, I thought they looked stupid. However, considering I see about 4 accidents a day around here, many fatal, they probably make good armour.  I probably would buy a Honda CR-V. I'm not sure I'd own 2 cars, but a Prius would be nice just to drive around town, although they're very small. The new Civic is really sharp and gets great mileage, although that 2006 Honda S2000 is very nice too!  (and so on and so on and so on....)

So I guess that's what money means to me - choices!!  I doubt I'd be frivolous even if I were a millionaire, but I'd have "F-you" money.  (F standing for Freedom of course. LOL)

Prius is not so small.  my daughter bought one.  2 adults in front and 2 -3 children in back - lots of leg-room - very comfortable.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2006, 2:20 am - IP Logged

But that's the nice thing about getting older.  You get to a point where you don't really give a damn about what's on top of the wheels...if it rolls without your feet propelling it, it's a good thing.  RickG

Rick, I can't honestly say I've reached that point in life. I worry too much about reliability. I also have to get used to the fact that gas is so darn expensive since I still enjoy cruising around.  For so many years I'd get up on a Saturday and drive 3 hours to the mountains and 3 hours back just to watch the sunset driving down the Kancamagus Highway.  After I moved to FL I would drive to the Key West for the weekend (no wonder I'm broke!) to join the crowd at Mallory Square. But I know exactly what you mean. One of my neighbors owns a lot of rental properties and is worth millions & you'd never know it. His own home on the river would sell for $1.2M.  He's 79 and just bought a "new" car. It's a 92 Buick - not a scratch on it and the interior is spotless...a real find.

Emily, thanks. If I'm ever in the market for another car I'll probably check it out. It just looks small to me from the outside. I once test drove a Corolla with a 1.8 L engine and it had poor acceleration. I freak out as it is with my Sonata when those tandem trailers surround me on the interstate. I'm one of the 1.3M owners who got the "misstated" horsepower which turned into a Class Action Lawsuit.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2006, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

money means a great deal to me but except one thing...If someone gave me two options: 30 million dollars, or knowing all the words in the english or spanish dictionary..Which one you think i will choose? I will choose the knowledge of knowing all the words in the english or spanish dictionary...Is just one of those things that i will not trade for nothing...Everyday i try to learn words off the dictionary..

"Those eyes....  they dissappeared.."      from movie "Predator 1"

Bahamas
                Member #44107
                July 30, 2006
                250 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2006, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I can shake your hands, I agree with everything you said.

If I was to win a big sum of cash I would also help the poor and needy like someone mentioned and I truly believe that if someone plays the lottery, money means a lot to them. Money talks, without it you can be voiceless, you just need to know how you are going to manage your cash once you make it.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5112 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2006, 3:40 am - IP Logged

thank$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...................pumpi76>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WELcummmmmmmmmm....................too the US of Asssssssssss!!

PLEASE tell the "COM" ......people how you & your family  like USA

FOOD, SHELDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!CLOTHE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

&&&&&&&&&&& WHERE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

get your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IN>>>>>AMERICA????????????.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HOME or give....

another.......Excuse....

from your "LIE'nnnn"

COUNTRY>>>>>>>

please,.....donot defend......"USA"......>

they are the most.......>>>>>>>>>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -FACED"

ever LIVED-ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Watchit-------watchit>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTTERY=POST_THANK$$$$

LOL$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5112 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2006, 4:00 am - IP Logged

thank$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...................pumpi76>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WELcummmmmmmmmm....................too the US of Asssssssssss!!

PLEASE tell the "COM" ......people how you & your family  like USA

FOOD, SHELDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!CLOTHE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

&&&&&&&&&&& WHERE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

get your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IN>>>>>AMERICA????????????.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HOME or give....

another.......Excuse....

from your "LIE'nnnn"

COUNTRY>>>>>>>

please,.....donot defend......"USA"......>

they are the most.......>>>>>>>>>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -FACED"

ever LIVED-ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Watchit-------watchit>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTTERY=POST_THANK$$$$

LOL$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

code.................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA....................wiLL......Wipe A$$..

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"Bush".......

GOTTEN>>>>>>>>>>>all money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

in SWISS BANK$$$$$$$$.............POOR people , "not informed"!!!!

but,................................the UNITED NATION$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

want'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>tHEIR-CUTTTTTTTT>>>>>TOOO!!

LOL

.....................................................PSYKOFFFFFFFIEEEEEEgiveeeeee

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2006, 5:48 am - IP Logged

money means a great deal to me but except one thing...If someone gave me two options: 30 million dollars, or knowing all the words in the english or spanish dictionary..Which one you think i will choose? I will choose the knowledge of knowing all the words in the english or spanish dictionary...Is just one of those things that i will not trade for nothing...Everyday i try to learn words off the dictionary..

"Those eyes....  they dissappeared.."      from movie "Predator 1"

Pumpi, I really admire you for your effort. I wouldn't turn down $30 million however. You could hire your own personal tutor for a lot less and learn 4 languages. But good for you!!  Keep it up.

I was thinking that the way things are going in the USA, you really only have to understand a couple of words:

....press 1 for English

.....press 2 for Spanish