Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

finders keeper, losers weepers, we lost a $5,000,000 instant winner

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1441 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2006, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

This story has more holes in it than a homeless man's underwear.  I take offense that you have the gall to treat us like a bunch of imbeciles.  You took the time to remember the ticket was # 540, but couldn't take the time to put it in a safe place?

What a bunch of crap.  You wasted your time typing this nonsense and our tiime reading it.  Say hello to "Sis" when she gets back from her shopping trip at the mall.  Give her a call on the cell phone and remind her to put some gas in the Humvee on her way back...oh yeah, and tell her to pick up some black angus filets too so you guys can have a nice cookout on the gas grill.  Pinot Noir might be a good idea too...just to celebrate the wool-covering act.

You go, Bonny and Clyde...you all are just too damned smart for us. 

LOL Rick you crack me up.  That's a classic BSstory if I ever heard one.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

colonia, nj
    United States
    Member #46088
    September 3, 2006
    48 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2006, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

from losers weepers:  the measure of a man's true character is what he would do if he knew he never would have to return a lost/found lottery ticket. 

And, if you had to decide between someone in your family who needed immediate heart/pain medication, would you first think about a lottery ticket or that person's distress?

or, the old saying, one woman's trash is another man's treasure?

or, I had a big f....g senior moment!

or, scratch it off, don't toss  it down.

yatty, yatty, yatty.

cryin' in colonia! 

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8395 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2006, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

from losers weepers:  the measure of a man's true character is what he would do if he knew he never would have to return a lost/found lottery ticket. 

And, if you had to decide between someone in your family who needed immediate heart/pain medication, would you first think about a lottery ticket or that person's distress?

yatty, yatty, yatty.

cryin' in colonia! 

granted it might take a while to give an invalid medicine. but that had nothing to do with you securing the ticket you could have placed the ticket on your person, in a drawer, next to the medicine you dispense, just about anywhere safer than under tissues that you knew would be tossed out. The responsible party for the ticket was you. You'll have a hard time convincing anyone you tossed a winning ticket. Regardless of the fact that you are a caregiver. You were in sole possession of the ticket all they way up to the point you lost it.
      If this story is true i feel for you. But it's water under the bridge at this point. No matter what if you ever get another winning ticket you be sure to secure said ticket. So you won't have to write another tear jerker story.
        justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2006, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

I already posted a comment in response to your blog entry.  One thing I wrote is that, after buying thousands of tickets, I can't tell you a single number on any of the tickets, except the numbers I played.  If this story is true, it's very sad. However, don't bother hiring a lawyer. No jury would believe you. 

Peace 

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20246 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2006, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I think the key to this story, has been answered by themselves.  In the second sentence she states, " There was one big colorful win for life" her sister states " should'nt we have three (3) of them". Yup, you have to have THREE(3), they don't have a wild card for the big prizes..........PERIOD

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3095 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2006, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

yatty, yatty, yatty.

cryin' in colonia! 

I am trying to see the truth in your story and I just can't help but think that you are misleading everyone here at Lottery Post.  You have obviously viewed this website and seen that the members here are here for the pursuit of games of chance and winning them.  But your story just does not make too much sense.  You discard a winning lottery ticket into a bedroom trash that then goes into your weekly trash at the curb which then goes into a dump truck which goes to a landfill and sits until it is covered to be siphoned of the gas emissions.  Or you thought that the ticket was a loser and put it in the recycling trash that is then taken to the recycling container at the curb and then goes to a recycling center.  The ticket would be processed just like all the other recycled paper at the recycling center and no more winning ticket.  Point being is how does the ticket end up in someone else's hands if it is either dumped at a landfill or processed at a recycling center.  Your story is a fabrication plain and simple.-weshar75

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4580 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2006, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Firstly the *fictional* story just didnt grab my interest. So I'll skip to the bottom line:

1: It is water under the bridge

2: There really wasnt a bridge to begin with

3: RickG said it all in his post.

To those who did have compassion, save it for the real posters who need prayers or encouragement.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

colonia, nj
                United States
                Member #46088
                September 3, 2006
                48 Posts
                Posted: September 4, 2006, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

On the Win for Life $3.00 tkt for $1,000 week, Yes you do need three green Life matches.  But, on the Lifetime Riches $5.00 game, it is only one Multicolored Life with the wording $5,000 week for life underneath.  On the losing Lifetime Riches tkts, there is the word Life in the same type face as the numbers above, but no amount underneath.    There are now two remaining $5,000 week life tickets still floating our there somewhere in the agents' stores.  Go for it and if anyone of you out there do hit it, hopefully, you can post what the ticket looked like. 

This is my other almost.  When the Powerball was $195,000,000.  I stood in line for 2 hours in Greenwich Ct for tickets.  Nada.  Then the next day a friend I was seeing and I drove up to Brookfield Ct .and got tickets in a convenience store.  I thought to play all of my deceased family members.  I came to the numbers 23 or 21 and 17, birthdays of still living memebers and decided not to play them and went on to other deceased birthdays.  The powerball was 16 which I did get.  We left the store and in the SUV, I said I think I should go back and play the two numbers I was going to play with the ones I first played instead of changing to the last two.  He said, if you bet on a number I know not to play it and preceded on to the highway.  I said if he went back, I would split the ticket with him.    Haha, we drove away.

The numbers, I should have played instead of changing my mind, came out.  The following week the jackpot was up to $250,000,000 and a young couple hit it, i think in Chicago area and he bought another Harley.

Amost, but no Bikini.

Needless to say, that same guy in the SUV just won $100,000 in NY  and in the late 90's  hit his birthday number for $25,000 with just $5.00.

Anyway, it's been fun chatting.

colonia, nj
                  United States
                  Member #46088
                  September 3, 2006
                  48 Posts
                  Posted: September 4, 2006, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

PS The ticket did not go to the dump. It was sitting pretty, think, mixed in with other discarded $2.00 TKTS  in a separate little bag and taken out of can when opened.  Some people look in cans. There is alarm to house, so that was only premise and tkt not carried around town as wheelchair travel is unfrequent.

I vented, told story, still feel badly for that Chinese woman who was kicked out by store owner winner of $21,000,000 tkt. 

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.  do you remember that show on TV?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19902 Posts
                    Posted: September 4, 2006, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

lorramil writes:
                    There are now two remaining $5,000 week life tickets still floating our there somewhere in the agents' stores.  Go for it and if anyone of you out there do hit it, hopefully, you can post what the ticket looked like.

Do you really think anyone would dumb enough to post a jpeg of their winning ticket so someone could concoct a story about their lost ticket that had the same markings and serial numbers and make a false claim?  They would probably get their money, but it could be held up in court for years or they might be forced to settle a false claim just to get it released before they died.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: September 4, 2006, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I have been a LP member for almost 3 years and I have to say this is the most BSstory I have read so far...I have seen some doozies but this one is the top one...

If this lady can go to the trouble she so eloquently tells us in the long, long, long, zzzzzzzzz please wake me up when it's over ..post...why the _ _ _ k can't she keep up with a ticket  that either is or isn't a winner ?

BSBSBSBSBS Lady, you get a five star salute..

Oh, if this didn't register, feel free to read Rick G's post.

...DD

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19902 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2006, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

There was another lady a year or so ago who lived in Florida that claimed her ex in Indiana destroyed an unclaimed jackpot winning PB ticket rather than share it with her and his children.  She appealed to LP members to help her concoct a story by sending her their losing tickets bought about the same time in the area where the unclaimed ticket was bought.  She even traveled back to Indiana to make a claim for a share of the winnings but she had competition from 10 other people who also thought they had bought and lost the ticket.  In the end none of them got the money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5145 Posts
                          Posted: September 5, 2006, 1:03 am - IP Logged

lorramill:

this site is about..........."HOW YOU WIN A LOTTERY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not how "YOU"<<<<<<< LO$$$$$$$$$$$EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lottery??????

try reporting it as a local issue...............PLEASE??

But & this i$ ahh

"BIG...........BUTT"

ASK  all the people on Lottery Post.......too

send you "only ONE"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"EACH"?????????

Thanks for a great STORY..........the money iS in the MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKOMO 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: September 5, 2006, 1:46 am - IP Logged

On the Win for Life $3.00 tkt for $1,000 week, Yes you do need three green Life matches.  But, on the Lifetime Riches $5.00 game, it is only one Multicolored Life with the wording $5,000 week for life underneath.  On the losing Lifetime Riches tkts, there is the word Life in the same type face as the numbers above, but no amount underneath.    There are now two remaining $5,000 week life tickets still floating our there somewhere in the agents' stores.  Go for it and if anyone of you out there do hit it, hopefully, you can post what the ticket looked like. 

This is my other almost.  When the Powerball was $195,000,000.  I stood in line for 2 hours in Greenwich Ct for tickets.  Nada.  Then the next day a friend I was seeing and I drove up to Brookfield Ct .and got tickets in a convenience store.  I thought to play all of my deceased family members.  I came to the numbers 23 or 21 and 17, birthdays of still living memebers and decided not to play them and went on to other deceased birthdays.  The powerball was 16 which I did get.  We left the store and in the SUV, I said I think I should go back and play the two numbers I was going to play with the ones I first played instead of changing to the last two.  He said, if you bet on a number I know not to play it and preceded on to the highway.  I said if he went back, I would split the ticket with him.    Haha, we drove away.

The numbers, I should have played instead of changing my mind, came out.  The following week the jackpot was up to $250,000,000 and a young couple hit it, i think in Chicago area and he bought another Harley.

Amost, but no Bikini.

Needless to say, that same guy in the SUV just won $100,000 in NY  and in the late 90's  hit his birthday number for $25,000 with just $5.00.

Anyway, it's been fun chatting.

I feel safe in saying ALL of us here have had numbers we 'shoulda/woulda/coulda/gonna play', but didn't.  I've had two of them this year that I would have had two pick-5's on (but I was wrong on the PB), but I didn't play them.  

I don't know where you bought the ticket you discarded, but it seems to me that if you 'stood in line for 2 hours' ANYWHERE to buy a ticket like you stated above, then you know enough to take better care of them and not have 'a senior moment'.  No matter what. 

And then you say you drove to Brookfield CT to get tickets, and we are to believe you tossed those out ?  I'm not buying it. 

If I stood in line for hours to get Rolling Stones tickets, you can bet your a** I know where those tickets are, and I'm not gonna throw them out during a 'senior moment', same goes for ANYTHING I value enough to go out of my way to buy.

BTW: your english grammar got an awful lot better over the last few postings, why is that ? 

Oh well, life goes on. 

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                              Member #15309
                              May 13, 2005
                              307 Posts
                              Posted: September 5, 2006, 11:54 am - IP Logged

There was another lady a year or so ago who lived in Florida that claimed her ex in Indiana destroyed an unclaimed jackpot winning PB ticket rather than share it with her and his children.  She appealed to LP members to help her concoct a story by sending her their losing tickets bought about the same time in the area where the unclaimed ticket was bought.  She even traveled back to Indiana to make a claim for a share of the winnings but she had competition from 10 other people who also thought they had bought and lost the ticket.  In the end none of them got the money.

RJOh, when I was reading this thread, the story you just cited immediately came to mind.  Similar style - in that previous story, the "children" was used.  In this instant case, it's a "sister". 

In fact, I quite suspected, it's the same poster. 

Sun Smiley