Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

finders keeper, losers weepers, we lost a $5,000,000 instant winner

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Palm Harbor, FL
United States
Member #32362
February 11, 2006
145 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2006, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Group Hug - Us residents here at LP had a chat Loramill .......

Our advice to you - next time you win - SIGN the ticket - and avoid all and ANY waste baskets

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: September 5, 2006, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Loramill:

I hope the story's true.  I've got enough stupidity of my own to be able to tolerate it in others.

But I've got no use for liars.  If the story's intended to be a lie, I hope you have the pleasure of the reality some day in the future so's to free you up from being a liar.

Best wishes,

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2006, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

lorramil,

Aside from failing to secure your winning ticket and failing to sign it, I'd say your biggest mistake was that you did not get an attorney to represent you. You tried to navigate your way through a complicated legal matter without the benefit of legal counsel. Regardless of what the New Jersey Lottery is trying to tell you, if you ever had any kind of a case, you still do have a case.

GET AN ATTORNEY.

Can't afford an attorney? Well, with $5,000,000 at stake, you can't afford to not have an attorney. Look for an attorney who will take your case on a contingency basis. Failing that, find an attorney somewhere in your family or an attorney who might be a friend of your family who will represent you for a reduced fee. Failing that, do whatever you have to do to hire an attorney to represent you in this matter. Neither the New Jersey Lottery nor anyone else is going to look out for your rights in this matter, so it's up to you to look out for yourself.

GET AN ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT YOU IN THIS MATTER.

The prize is paid out in installments, so a good attorney could get an injunction to stop the prize from being awarded or further disbursed until your claim is settled. You're wasting time here posting your story and pleading your case on the boards. We might have some advice, but we can't really take any action to help you, and my advice is that you...

GET AN ATTORNEY.

Have your attorney get to work on this right away. As I said, if you ever had a case, you still do have a case. You don't have any time to waste though. Let an attorney get to work at undoing the mess you've already made of things. Let an attorney get your case proceeding on the right track.

GET AN ATTORNEY.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

GET AN ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT YOU.

If you can't see your way clear to do that, then you might as well just forget this whole thing ever happened. But if I were in your shoes, I'd find some way by nook or by crook to...

GET AN ATTORNEY.

colonia, nj
        United States
        Member #46088
        September 3, 2006
        48 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2006, 12:54 am - IP Logged

dear member 4494 ayenowitall, thanks.  if I were able to get the audit results, I could proceed.  If I were able to get the tapes from the store to show I was in the store and not the new claimant.  Like Jack Webb once said,  "Just the Facts".  Law is not a soap opera; one cannot go to court without facts.  I wanted to know if there was anyone out there in Lotterywho actually had a sim. experience as I did.  I vented and you viewed and you either violently retorted or  very casually commented.  Got responses as a lunatic lotto lady with a lame lament or a sadsack story supposition.  Anyway, any comment was appreciatd like a Gallop Poll.  Good night.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2006, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

dear member 4494 ayenowitall, thanks.  if I were able to get the audit results, I could proceed.  If I were able to get the tapes from the store to show I was in the store and not the new claimant.  Like Jack Webb once said,  "Just the Facts".  Law is not a soap opera; one cannot go to court without facts.  I wanted to know if there was anyone out there in Lotterywho actually had a sim. experience as I did.  I vented and you viewed and you either violently retorted or  very casually commented.  Got responses as a lunatic lotto lady with a lame lament or a sadsack story supposition.  Anyway, any comment was appreciatd like a Gallop Poll.  Good night.

lorramil,

That's the purpose of getting an attorney. A good attorney will take care of gathering, preserving, analyzing, and presenting the necessary evidence to substantiate your claim. You seem to have already made up your mind that there are reasons you can't proceed with this matter. I can think of at least 5,000,000 reasons why you should proceed.

GET AN ATTORNEY.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
            Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2006, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

This story has more holes in it than a homeless man's underwear.  I take offense that you have the gall to treat us like a bunch of imbeciles.  You took the time to remember the ticket was # 540, but couldn't take the time to put it in a safe place?

What a bunch of crap.  You wasted your time typing this nonsense and our tiime reading it.  Say hello to "Sis" when she gets back from her shopping trip at the mall.  Give her a call on the cell phone and remind her to put some gas in the Humvee on her way back...oh yeah, and tell her to pick up some black angus filets too so you guys can have a nice cookout on the gas grill.  Pinot Noir might be a good idea too...just to celebrate the wool-covering act.

You go, Bonny and Clyde...you all are just too damned smart for us. 

Right on, right on, right on Rick G.! These jokers don't realize ther ip's are logged and fraudulant crud like this will get you blocked and firewalled.  I got  to the third sentence and didn't think jerks like this could exist on this site. The moderator needs to take action! I move to have them excommunicated from the lotterypost community! Immediate ceasing of posting and all activities. Regards jarasan.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: September 6, 2006, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

I drive my '89 Bonneville to the store to get macaroni and cheese for dinner and a six-pak of beer for dessert.  I'm proud that I don't have to come on this website bemoaning my misfortunes.  In my mind I don't have any....I'm alive.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

colonia, nj
                United States
                Member #46088
                September 3, 2006
                48 Posts
                Posted: September 6, 2006, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I drive my '89 Bonneville to the store to get macaroni and cheese for dinner and a six-pak of beer for dessert.  I'm proud that I don't have to come on this website bemoaning my misfortunes.  In my mind I don't have any....I'm alive.

Rick G.  That's a lot of carbs and calories. 

What's that song Frankie Lane used to sing?        Wagon Train. 

Moanin', moanin', moanin'.  Just keep moanin' along.  Waggin' shame? 

Or, something like that.

good night.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2006, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Rick G.  That's a lot of carbs and calories. 

What's that song Frankie Lane used to sing?        Wagon Train. 

Moanin', moanin', moanin'.  Just keep moanin' along.  Waggin' shame? 

Or, something like that.

good night.

Lorramil,

When you don't have much, the carbs and calories are a necessity.  The moanin' isn't going to help, is it? 

colonia, nj
                    United States
                    Member #46088
                    September 3, 2006
                    48 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2006, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Lorramil,

When you don't have much, the carbs and calories are a necessity.  The moanin' isn't going to help, is it? 

if somehow there is less than a zero pct of getting this  $$ back....seems to be something somewhere, maybe we can help.  my sister had 12 years of Sloan Kettering Hospital and 2002 she became wheelchaired during surgery.  it's harder when you know poor also and for a fleeting short time, you had that way out in your hand and then it was lost.  We just don't know the right people in this town.  If luck comes back our way, we'll keep you in Omaha steaks or.....  That's a promise. 

take care.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2006, 11:24 am - IP Logged

if somehow there is less than a zero pct of getting this  $$ back....seems to be something somewhere, maybe we can help.  my sister had 12 years of Sloan Kettering Hospital and 2002 she became wheelchaired during surgery.  it's harder when you know poor also and for a fleeting short time, you had that way out in your hand and then it was lost.  We just don't know the right people in this town.  If luck comes back our way, we'll keep you in Omaha steaks or.....  That's a promise. 

take care.

Lorramil,

Well I hope luck comes your way because I likes Omaha steaks...;)