Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Steve Irwin/ Croc Hunter Dead

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 10 years ago by cps10.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
The Carolinas - Charlotte
United States
Member #21627
September 12, 2005
4138 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2006, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Nobody knows what a wild animal might do next. He was out of his environment. He was able to escape the predators on land because he was a bit faster than them. And we don't know if the animals he worked with on the many shows he did were sedated or not.

When he entered the water his ability to react and move swiftly was greatly diminished. According to everyone involved the sting ray was in no danger was not trapped or anything of the sort. But as i stated no one knows what an animal or sea creature will do next.

I'm sorry he is gone but feel bad for the many children who came to know and love him. Many children will have a hard time understanding why this happened.

Well said, four4me. My wife and I have kind of used this as a lesson learned for our children. Oftentimes, kids don't understand the dangers of approaching strange animals, or strange people for that matter. Just because something looks fascinating doesn't mean that it can't harm you. My kids, although still small, have a new understanding about creatures now. And will think twice when trying to pet a dog that isn't theirs or what-not.

A shame that Steve is gone, but at least he has taught two more children a valuable lesson in life.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges