Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

10 Worst Lotteries To Play

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2006, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

we saw a recent topic on the 10 best lotteries to play.well what do you think would be in the 10 worst to play?

my vote for number one is any indiana lottery online game.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2006, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Mike, this one's a no-brainer.  Ask CASHOnly and he is the man to tell you the worst ones and tell you why too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hope everyone is writing their congressmen  and telling them to get their chihuahuas out of our shorts.  If we can't bet the way we like, then we'll vote the way we like.  "Mr. Frist, I'm sorry but your career in Washington has ended.  Do you want me to call you a cab?  I think the Greyhound for Tennessee leaves in an hour.  If you hustle you just might make it."

PS...just discovered that one of the idiots in my state is supporting this bill too. "Important" dude named Dennis Hastert (IL).  I was going to vote against him anyway, but this is for other IL players who think this is unconstitutional and to tack it onto a military spending bill should put both of these pols in the unemployment line.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2006, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

yes.thats what i never understood was why these idiots would tack a gambling bill onto something with the military and they shouldn't be allowed to do that.it has nothing in common with it and frist knows if he sticks it there nobody is going to risk looking bad trying to hold up a bill for the military.if the man runs for president he'll make the bush presidency look like a childs game.the man is dangerous because he is relentless and ignorant.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2006, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Don't worry about it, Mike.  Even his own party is against him tacking this nonsense onto the defense spending bill.  He'll go home on the Greyhound with a carpetbag and his tail between his legs.  At least you and I have the distinct privilege of voting against these guys.  Register to vote, my man, it's the only weapon you have against these guys.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Delaware
          United States
          Member #30273
          January 14, 2006
          494 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2006, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I vote Delaware because Mr. Lemons has publically made it known he doesn't give a rat's <insert rodent body park here> about the players.

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
            Member #567
            August 14, 2002
            482 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I vote Delaware because Mr. Lemons has publically made it known he doesn't give a rat's <insert rodent body park here> about the players.

Where did he say that?

Not that it matters, because people will still play anyway, because the winners in Delaware can remain anonymous.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2006, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Where did he say that?

Not that it matters, because people will still play anyway, because the winners in Delaware can remain anonymous.

Not directly, but refer to this and you'll understand:

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/106116.htm

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/107701.htm

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/105982.htm

I would encourage everyone to write to the original sponsors of the bill and encourage them to try this again! Keep in mind though that there may need to be a provision for a games like Keno and the new Racetrax games in Maryland which would need to be drawn by computer for the sake of sanity.

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
                United States
                Member #1436
                April 28, 2003
                628 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2006, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Roll Eyes  I'm going with my home state of North Carolina. The lottery here has been a bad joke from the beginning & only continues to gets less funny day by day. I can only imagine what what act of stupidity they will come up with next.

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Roll Eyes  I'm going with my home state of North Carolina. The lottery here has been a bad joke from the beginning & only continues to gets less funny day by day. I can only imagine what what act of stupidity they will come up with next.

as long as north carolina has ball drawings they'll be ok.hope they never get computerized draws because then it'll be a disaster.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: September 29, 2006, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Worst odds, worst pay, what ?

Beyond that, to me, there isn't much difference between 1 in 5 million and 1 in 144 million. 

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                      Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: September 29, 2006, 12:22 am - IP Logged

I heard that the pick 3 cards are in stores for NC and the boxed payout are not as good as SC's but you do get $500 for a $1 hit.  A week from today, Pick 3 is on in NC.  October 6. 

takeemtothebank

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                        North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
                        United States
                        Member #1436
                        April 28, 2003
                        628 Posts
                        Posted: September 29, 2006, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I heard that the pick 3 cards are in stores for NC and the boxed payout are not as good as SC's but you do get $500 for a $1 hit.  A week from today, Pick 3 is on in NC.  October 6. 

Hi Tenaj & everyone else.

I just checked out the NC lottery website & unless i looked at it wrong payouts for Pick 3 are going to be right on par with S. Carolina's P-3, which is good since that will be the closest state that we will be competing with for lottery dollars. The wording for the types of play are different as SC offers ... Straight, Boxed, Straight Box, & Combo.  NC's terminology is.....Exact (straight), Any (box), & Exact/Any (straight box)  Combo play not offered seems to be the only difference. 

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: September 29, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

I like this post..but i'll have to get back on that...

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: September 29, 2006, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

NY is one of the worst (terrible payout % in NY Lotto, and its numerous annuity-only scratches.) Unless you include video lottery; then NY ranks somewhat higher.

paurths's avatar - underground
                              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                              Belgium
                              Member #19287
                              July 29, 2005
                              2254 Posts
                              Posted: September 29, 2006, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the Hoosier lottery?
                              Ask loosingJeff...