Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

10 Worst Lotteries To Play

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2006, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Here is my list of worst lotteries..I didn't find 10 worse lotteries, i only found 4 worse lotteries..

Number 1 comes New York lotto for it is from 1 to 59....NUmber 2 comes pennsylvania's match 6. For they give 20 dollars for matching 4 of 6...

Third place comes Maine megabucks for the 4/6 + bonus number, that particular payout pays 50 dollars and i feel that is should pay something like 500 dollars since the 5/6 + 0 pays 1,000..)

And Fourth place comes the Oklahoma pick5 for 1 dollar pays 25,000 while Virginia for 25 cents pays the same amount: 25,000...

On the world stage i feel Italy's Superenalotto comes number 1 of been the worse lotto in the world i think is 6/90 and i don't think it pays more than Mega-million...Second places in the world stage comes New York lotto...

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4529 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2006, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Here is my list of worst lotteries..I didn't find 10 worse lotteries, i only found 4 worse lotteries..

Number 1 comes New York lotto for it is from 1 to 59....NUmber 2 comes pennsylvania's match 6. For they give 20 dollars for matching 4 of 6...

Third place comes Maine megabucks for the 4/6 + bonus number, that particular payout pays 50 dollars and i feel that is should pay something like 500 dollars since the 5/6 + 0 pays 1,000..)

And Fourth place comes the Oklahoma pick5 for 1 dollar pays 25,000 while Virginia for 25 cents pays the same amount: 25,000...

On the world stage i feel Italy's Superenalotto comes number 1 of been the worse lotto in the world i think is 6/90 and i don't think it pays more than Mega-million...Second places in the world stage comes New York lotto...

pumpi76....it would probably be wise to check Marylands Multi match (a varience of the PA Match 6) They both pay out 20$ for the 4of 6. ANd the kicker is....PA's jackpots are CASH AMOUNTS starting at 500k. Marylands Multi match uses the annuity as its jackpot amount so their jackpot cash payout starts at 200k and only rolls about 10k in essence. Marylands Multi doesnt even start to payout til you hit 5 numbers on three lines! Yet PA allows 4 numbers on three lines..

I will say that LFL in PA is lame and does need to be revised or removed. (which rumour has, it may wel be replaced)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Isn't it PA' Lucky for life similar to Ga's win for life?

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2006, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Both UNlucky for Life and LOSE for Life are among the country's five worst lottery numbers games, as both are annuity-only. Thank goodness UNlucky for Life will be replaced in December.

Delaware
          United States
          Member #30273
          January 14, 2006
          494 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2006, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

PA's is $2 and you win $36K/year. GA's, also sold in KY and VA, is $1 and you win $52K/year. VA offers a lump sum payment of $520K in lieu of the annuity.

As if I need to say this, CASH's post should be taken with a grain of salt. I have yet to see any evidence that Lucky for Life is being replaced. Everytime I am at a PA store with a self-service machine, I try to see if it will allow me to buy a 26 drawing (13 week) ticket. When it no longer does, I will let you know.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

rdc137 are you serious? Pa is 36K a year and what's worse they charge you 2 dollars, men I am sorry i didn't know that, other wise i would have listed it as one of the worse lottos too..Any lottery that charges you 2 dollars got to be worse in my opinion...

And you would think that a lotto would do better in Pa than in Ga..I would need to know what's Ga and Pa population...

Canada
              Member #46720
              September 24, 2006
              59 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

WOrse for me would be teh Atlantic PayDay draw!

Delaware
                United States
                Member #30273
                January 14, 2006
                494 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

rdc137 are you serious? Pa is 36K a year and what's worse they charge you 2 dollars, men I am sorry i didn't know that, other wise i would have listed it as one of the worse lottos too..Any lottery that charges you 2 dollars got to be worse in my opinion...

And you would think that a lotto would do better in Pa than in Ga..I would need to know what's Ga and Pa population...

The justification for the $2 cost is the "instant win" component where you might win $10 instantly. I would like to see PA drop the game and join the GA/KY/VA Win for Life game. All states involved would benefit from it.

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2006, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Pennsylvania's population is 12 million and something..Georgia's 4 million and something...I would think that because the population is bigger in Pa more people will play there and they would have better lottos...I too, will like to see PA drop the game and join Va, KY and Ga...

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: October 2, 2006, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

WOrse for me would be teh Atlantic PayDay draw!

At least Canada's "lifetime" games ALWAYS have a cash option. Most US for-life games don't; even VA offers a paltry 520k. BTW annuity prizes in Canada are taxed on the interest, not on the prize itself.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

The justification for the $2 cost is the "instant win" component where you might win $10 instantly. I would like to see PA drop the game and join the GA/KY/VA Win for Life game. All states involved would benefit from it.

Why would PA join GA, KY, and VA selling LOSE for Life? PA has realized that a lifetime game doesn't work as well in an online version v scratch. Trust me, UNlucky for Life will be gone in December.

United States
                        Member #16612
                        June 2, 2005
                        3493 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE, I have a few games that I think should be avoided.  I think NY Lotto is ranked 1st followed by Lose For Life (previously Lotto South), and Unlucky for Life (PA).

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: October 2, 2006, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE, I have a few games that I think should be avoided.  I think NY Lotto is ranked 1st followed by Lose For Life (previously Lotto South), and Unlucky for Life (PA).

Perhaps you can help me where CASH has failed, Just6ntlc. Please provide me a website link to both Lose for Life and Unlucky for Life. I have yet to find them.

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: October 2, 2006, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps you can help me where CASH has failed, Just6ntlc. Please provide me a website link to both Lose for Life and Unlucky for Life. I have yet to find them.

You won't have much longer to worry about UNlucky for Life anyway. Why don't you go directly to the PA Lottery?

Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #30273
                              January 14, 2006
                              494 Posts
                              Posted: October 2, 2006, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

You won't have much longer to worry about UNlucky for Life anyway. Why don't you go directly to the PA Lottery?

I have, and I still haven't found a link for their UNlucky for Life game, but they do have a game called Lucky for Life. Are you sure you don't just have them mixed up?