Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Nominations for best 2006 LP post

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5903 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I teach special education.  When one of my  retarded students say they want to be doctor, lawyer, astronant,  I reply.. You most certainly can,  they allow Bush to be president.

LOL..nice one TnTea...very nice..lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2006, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

All the Bush rants appear to be off topic.  Are you guys saying that if you wanted to come up with the best post on Lottery Post in 2006 it would be about politics?  Excuse me for finding this a little strange, but this is a LOTTERY FORUM.  That's why I keep political statements in my BLOG.

Would someone like to continue this by actually posting something lottery related?  Might be nice for a switch.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2006, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

How about another category, the most prophetic post, not a numbers prediction, bit sonething like someone predicting someone from LP hitting a major jackpot, or one of the multi-state games being revamped, something like that.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2006, 2:10 am - IP Logged

This one, I want to nominate this one for humor / irony / witticism:

justxploring:

Anonymity has always been a popular topic on this board. I've lived in several states including MA, NH and now FL and I don't think there's anyway to keep your name out of the public records, even with a Trust.  Maybe I'm not recalling the NH laws correctly, since I never won enough to worry about them. But I thought that no matter how your money is claimed, the name of the trust, the lawyer and the person who owns the trust will be published. That doesn't mean that it will be printed in the newspaper or on a website necessarily, but available for public viewing. I wouldn't want my name in the paper just because of security. That's why I'll move before I claim any large prize. I agree that it's better to keep your picture out of the paper, but there's no attorney I really trust enough with millions of dollars to pickup my check, so I'd have to go in person anyway!  I realize that some articles say that NH is a state where a winner can remain anonymous, and some winners have chosen that option, but below in red are direct quotes from their website, so this issue is confusing to me. I won't quote everything on this subject since there are so many sections, but:

New Hampshire state law requires the winner's name, town and amount won be available for public information. A winner's street address and phone number is not considered public information.

and:    If the claimant is a trust, the individual named as trustee shall furnish photographic identification to the commission at the time of the claim.

then it adds:If the claim is being filed by another individual on behalf of the claimant, the claimant’s original picture identification or a photostatic copy of the claimant’s picture identification as well as the filing individual’s original picture identification shall be presented to the commission at the time of the claim.

Under Confidentiality:  Upon written request, the commission shall release the name, town or residence, date of prize, and the gross and net amounts of the annual prize payment of a winner. Financing statements filed with the commission shall be public records.

There is an exemption in the NH General Statutes called 91-A:5 which is to protect a party from invasion of privacy. Maybe a lottery winner could refer to that rule and then there would be court hearings, legal fees, your money would be held in escrow waiting for the court's decision, and if you won then there'd be a new law with your name "Jones vs NH", so now you'd be even more famous for winning your case to remain anonymous.

Smash

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/134480