Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Nominations for best 2006 LP post

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2006, 2:38 am - IP Logged

This post has to be in the running:

Lottomike:

been a wild and fun ride.this october 15th will be two years since i joined.have a lot of great memories.right now i need to go for a while.i'll check in from time to time.i'm dealing with a lot of issues that need to be dealt with.i want everyone to be happy and don't let things get you down like i have.be strong and good luck to all.take care......

and guesser's reply:

By chance, did you used to work at a convenience store in Camarillo CA until recently ?    Just KIDDING !

Green laugh

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2006, 9:57 am - IP Logged

thanks emily,rick and everyone.

i'm using my humor to fight my sorrow which is pretty big right now.i think you all know we are fixing to lose our online gambling privleges.these politicians control our lives more than they should.internet gambling aside this country isn't what it used to be.these gorillas are given way too much power and they won't protect anyone interests except thir own.this is one thing i'll always remember about the bush presidency!! how i suddenly went broke and had to work long hours because some gambit in a suit and tie thinks they know how my life should be run.

This over  9-11...  Wow..  This is big...

I think of this presidency  as my life time depression days.

The Great Depression was during my Mother's life time. She speaks of it often.    This presidency could be called the "Great Depression II".

Things can only get better....  I for one am counting the days.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2006, 10:15 am - IP Logged

This over  9-11...  Wow..  This is big...

I think of this presidency  as my life time depression days.

The Great Depression was during my Mother's life time. She speaks of it often.    This presidency could be called the "Great Depression II".

Things can only get better....  I for one am counting the days.

This anti-gambling thing has nothing at all to do with the president.  It was widely supported by both parties in the house and senate.  I think people have every right to be upset at Frist for pushing the matter.  But if either party in the senate did not want the anti-gambling portion they could have easily gotten it detached from the port bill, just like they did for a number of other attempted attachments.

The is about the senate and the house -- both parties -- being completely out of touch.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2006, 10:34 am - IP Logged

This anti-gambling thing has nothing at all to do with the president.  It was widely supported by both parties in the house and senate.  I think people have every right to be upset at Frist for pushing the matter.  But if either party in the senate did not want the anti-gambling portion they could have easily gotten it detached from the port bill, just like they did for a number of other attempted attachments.

The is about the senate and the house -- both parties -- being completely out of touch.

I agree.  I don't Bush cares one way or the other about the online gambling.  He has bigger issues to deal with. 

My thought was the statement made about the "online issue" being the thing remembered most about the presidency.

It is the least of my worries.  Once the "GDII" is over with,  I will be thankful.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

If Bush signs the bill, he will add his clause.    It may override the bill completely.

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
          Member #45802
          August 28, 2006
          335 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2006, 11:02 am - IP Logged

The LP Awards are coming up soon.  My nomination in the Best Post category goes to LOTTOMIKE'S eloquent post located at the link below.  I'm only half-way through the translation using answers.com but I should be done by bedtime.

Thanks, Mike.  You bring a smile to our faces.  

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/141941

I agree with Rick --- LOTTOMIKE's post was demiurgic, felicitous, prodigious and inspired.

Rick do you think we should have a couple catagories like -- The funniest post, the most informative, etc.?

Maybe have some of the members who have been here the longest select from a list - post the list and then have all members vote the winner or this this too much sugar for a dime?.

Floridian

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2006, 11:57 am - IP Logged

I agree with Rick --- LOTTOMIKE's post was demiurgic, felicitous, prodigious and inspired.

Rick do you think we should have a couple catagories like -- The funniest post, the most informative, etc.?

Maybe have some of the members who have been here the longest select from a list - post the list and then have all members vote the winner or this this too much sugar for a dime?.

Floridian

floridian, lol...I  liked the 'demiurgic'...had to look that one up. (I had to look up most of LOTTOMIKE's post).

The three categories so far are Best Avatar, Best Signature, Best Post.

Nominations and categories should be posted at will on the discussion forum.   The Academy still has to pick a date and venue for the ceremonies.

All winners will receive a Coin Toss tee-shirt "LP Winner Protection Program". 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2006, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

"All winners will receive a Coin Toss tee-shirt "LP Winner Protection Program". "

Smile

Gee, since there's already a gift shop, it's not really a bad idea

(Nothing to do with "Coin Toss" on it, I'm just saying it might sell well).

Now, to develop the logo.....combine the LP logo and some kind of Winners Protection incognito character...

Green laugh

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2006, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

My nomination goes to this post...

maybe retarded Bush will veto the gambling part of the bill..lol

ROTFL 
                That is so funny...  Thanks for making me laugh..

Bush doesn't veto anything, but he could change it to fit his needs.. hopefully this will be something we all have in common..

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2006, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

"He has a good thesaurus"

Yes, I noticed that when he uploaded his picture.  Embarassed

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2006, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

"All winners will receive a Coin Toss tee-shirt "LP Winner Protection Program". "

Smile

Gee, since there's already a gift shop, it's not really a bad idea

(Nothing to do with "Coin Toss" on it, I'm just saying it might sell well).

Now, to develop the logo.....combine the LP logo and some kind of Winners Protection incognito character...

Green laugh

You got the idea, Coin Toss.  Maybe wearing a ski mask?  Or large shades and a fedora?

I'm sure the t-shirts would sell as well as the thongs, and you know they're flying off the shelves.   Big Grin

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: October 1, 2006, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

TnTea, I'm on your side and cried when Gore lost (which is still questionable IMHO) but I don't think the President is even thinking about internet gambling. Why gamble with lottery tickets when you have the power to gamble with people's lives?

As far as the Patriot Act goes, if someone wants to listen to my phone conversations or look in my bedroom window, that's okay with me.  They'd just fall asleep anyway.

(ps: sorry for the stupid thesaurus comment, people.  it seemed funny to me at the time. )

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10348 Posts
                        Posted: October 1, 2006, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

The thesaurus remark was finny, still is. 

I'm nomiating that for the funniest post, along with one of my own posts! (no rules yet that say we can't!) in the E! TV Curse of the Lottery thread in News:

"I want to congratulate everyone here for not introducing any sock puppets into a 10 page thread"

...all things considered....at the time, I didn't know people had different page viess (number of pages) so I'll add to the above; "Considering a thread of this nature."

Wink

I can't find the thread or remember who posted it, but in one of the (many) discussions about remainin anonymous, someone here said something like this:

"So if they went to court to protect their right to remain anonymous, and won, they in effect would become famous for winning their case to remain anonymous".

THAT has got to be a classic.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

"So if they went to court to protect their right to remain anonymous, and won, they in effect would become famous for winning their case to remain anonymous".

Coin Toss, 

OK...that one's up for nomination!  I have an analogous one in mind but it would fritter away inestimable time to emplace it and I cogitate with dubiety about the validity of mulitudinous appointments so I will defer to others in their elections.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

TnTea, I'm on your side and cried when Gore lost (which is still questionable IMHO) but I don't think the President is even thinking about internet gambling. Why gamble with lottery tickets when you have the power to gamble with people's lives?

As far as the Patriot Act goes, if someone wants to listen to my phone conversations or look in my bedroom window, that's okay with me.  They'd just fall asleep anyway.

(ps: sorry for the stupid thesaurus comment, people.  it seemed funny to me at the time. )

I didn't cry when Bush won the first.. but to see the two idiots running against each other in the second term.. I cried the whole election.

My son was in the National Guards during part of this election.  My brother has been to Iraq two times and is now there for his third.

I did feel sorry for Bush when he took office and nine months later have to deal with something as big as  911..  Unfortunately he isn't the man to handle something that big.  I wouldn't want his job for anything in the world.

On a lighter note, he does make one laugh with his speeches.  He sounds like a third grader.  I bet ohter countries get a huge laugh at USA to see what we have representing us.  We sit and count how many syllables he can say without looking at this notes.

He will probably be written in the history books as the most uneducated president the USA has have.

I teach special education.  When one of my  retarded students say they want to be doctor, lawyer, astronant,  I reply.. You most certainly can,  they allow Bush to be president.

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
                              Chicago,IL.
                              United States
                              Member #2902
                              November 29, 2003
                              1426 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2006, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE, you better hit that pick four straight soon, I think your losing it Crazy, or is it the baby keeping you up all night. maybe both. Jester

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"