Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Workout for Pick 5, 5+ and 6 games

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 10 years ago by bobby623.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

The Internet, by its very nature, is much more fragile than programs running on your home computer.  When posting large and complex posts (and even for small ones!) it is always a good idea to quickly "select all" the content in the editor and the "copy" just before posting your message.  That way, if an error occurs, the whole message is on your clipboard, so you can just go back to the editor and paste it back in.

Thanks, Todd.

I'm not computer literate. Didn't realize that I should back up my posts to avoid a loss, and it was one heck of a loss!

I'm going to keep the posts short in future.  Several would be better than one long one, I think.

I have covered the main part of the strategy. Just need to explain some aids.
Then I'm going to explain how I use the D&C charts to pick my numbers.

Thanks for your interest,

Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2006, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to take a break to give everyone time to catch up, assuming some of you are still with me. LOL

Want to stress at this juncture that you need to get all of the Master lists completed. The D&C charts can come later.

Don't forget to update the lists after a drawing. I usually start with Master sequence chart for each number group, starting with the As.

The Master inventory is next, followed by the 6 individual sequences.

You will recall that when I told you to create the six sequence charts I said you should put a 'dot' at the bottom of each number list. You need to refer to your list of winning combinations and put dots in the appropriate columns to show the skips.

You will note that I've not said to put a dot in the gap sequences to show the skips. They just clutter up the sequence.

I've not yet determine how to try and guess when there will be a skip. Perhaps someone will offer some advice.

Thanks for your interest.

Bobby

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2006, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Todd.

I'm not computer literate. Didn't realize that I should back up my posts to avoid a loss, and it was one heck of a loss!

I'm going to keep the posts short in future.  Several would be better than one long one, I think.

Bobby

It's as easy as pressing Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+C on your keyboard just before clicking "Post Message".  If you have nevert used the Ctrl key on your keyboard, you do have to locate it.  Other than that, not too tough!

(To paste the copied content into an editor, click the blinking cursor into the white text editor space and press Ctrl+V.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2006, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Good morning, all!!

As I said in last post, I hope everyone who is following this thread have established

the Master sequences, inventories, and D&C charts.

Before continuing on how to select numbers, I need to tell you more about what

I call the Sequence charts, the ones showing the 6 individual gap sequences.

At the top of that piece of graph paper, I told you to write in the numbers down the column.

I indicated that you put the draw dates across the top.

I've also told you to identify the 'skip' dates and put a black dot in the appropriate

column at the bottom of the chart.

Next step is to enter the appropriate gap numbers in the column for each draw date.

Using one of mine, AG, gaps 8 and 9 came up on the drawing for 0821 (I've been doing this for

a long time) Yours started on the first draw date you used.

I use colored dots to mark the gaps. (Red for As, Blue for Bs, Green for Cs and Orange for Ds)

On 0822, gap 5 came up in the AG sequence. I put a dot in the appropriate column.
        In some instances, you could have more than 1 dot in a cell.

I've continued to update the chart to yesterday's draw. In AG, gap 5 came up.

Remember, you are doing this for all six of the charts. It may be a bit tricky to get started,

but once you are caught up, its a piece of cake.

How to interpret the dots.

If you look closely, you may find certain gaps just don't come up very often.

The trend could change, but at the moment on my chart, I see that gap 1 hasn't come up

for 17 drawings. Gap 6 has been out of play for 10 drawings.

At one time, Gap 2 was very active, then went cold for 11 drawings. At another time, gap 5

was out for 23 drawings, gap 7 out for 23 drawings

Include the skips when you are computing how long your gaps have been out.

Now YOU have a choice, YOU can decide to NOT use one or more gaps, which, of course,

reduces the number of gaps you have to choose from when determing what lotto numbers

to play, if your are using the appropriate D&C chart.

I emphasize YOU because YOU are on the spot. There are no 'easy buttons' in this

strategy. You evaluate the gap sequences and decide to not play a particular gap, keeping

in mind, of course, that you could be wrong.

In an earlier post on the D&C charts, I mentioned 'Round" and 'reset"

Round is the number of draws you want to use in making your predictions. If you are working with
        a daily game, 6 days a week, I recommend a Round be 24 consecutive drawings. If your game

is 7 days week, a Round would be 28 consecutive drawings.

If you are playing a Jackpot game, 2 drawings per week, I suggest 12 drawings per round.

You can, of course, have a longer or shorter Round.

In any event, when you reach the last drawing in the Round, you will 'reset' and begin again.

I'm currently on Round 8!!

Reset means you will reissue all of the Master gap lists, cleaning out the strikes, etc.

Your Inventories will remain, however, the inventory on your D&C charts will be updated.You will

recall that I said totals on the left side of that distribution are 'long term' and used

set the H, M,L VL parameters. You will update these totals (they should agree with your Master inventory

list). You will then use the right side of the distribution to track future gaps.
        Your sequences on the D&C charts will be cleaned up. In a word, you will be starting

fresh.

I usually get a clean sheet of graph paper and start again.

I keep the old chart for reference.

On your Sequence charts, you should draw a colored line to mark the end and start of a new Round.

You could use a fresh sheet of graph paper, set it up for the next 24 drawings. You keep the old

one for reference.

Next: How to pick your numbers.

Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2006, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

How do you pick lottery numbers using Bobby's gap strategy??

A review.

Remember how the gap sequences were generated: # to G to S to H to V to W to X.

You can't get to X directly from #.

The product of this activity using the 30 drawings are 6 separate, unique, stand alone

Gap Sequences.

It stands to reason that the only way to get from X to # is to go through W to V to H to S to G,

which is a reverse process. The only difference is that in building the sequences, you had to

strike the numbers as they were used.

When you reverese to reach #, you simply count the spaces between the gap numbers
          you are working with.

Tnis is a new process and is tricky. So, lets practice.

Here is the Master sequences for the C numbers for a lottery I'm tracking.

# G S H V W X

22 5 5 3 5 8 3

25 10 8 7 7 10 9

23 9 10 9 6 2 2

24 1 9 8 10 1 6

28 2 3 10 4 4 7

20 3 7 6 2 6 10

26 4 4 2 3 5 4

21 8 2 4 8 9 5

27 6 1 1 9 7 1

29 7 6 5 1 3 8

I've decided to use the CX D&C chart to obtain my lottery numbers for group C.

Using various techniques, I've decided to use gaps 4, 6, and 10.

Remember, to get to # from X, I have to go through W, V, H, S, G.

First gap number is 4

I find the W number by counting up the W column 4 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 5.
          I find the V numbr by counting up the V column 5 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 2.

I find the H number by counting up the H column 2 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 1.

I find the S number by counting up the S column 1 space from the bottom, yielding the number 6.

I find the G number by counting up the G column 6 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 2.

I find the # number by counting up the # column 2 spaces, yielding the lottery number 27.

Second gap number is 6

I find the W number by counting up the W column 6 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 4.

I find the V number by counting up the V column 4 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 3

I find the H number by counting up the H column 3 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 4.

I find the S number by counting up the S column 4 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 4.

I find the G number by counting up the G column 4 spaces from the bottom, yielding the number 4.

I find the # number by counting up the # column 4 spaces from the bottom, yielding the lottery number 26.

Third gap number is 10

I find the W number by counting 10 spaces up the W column, yielding the number 8.

I find the V number by counting 8 spaces up the V column, yielding the number 6

I find the H number by counting 6 spaces up the H column, yielding the number 10

I find the S number by counting 10 spaces up the S column, yielding the number 5.

I find the G number by counting 5 spaces up the G column, yielding the number 3.

I find the # number by counting 3 spaces up the # column, yielding the lottery number 21.

The X gap sequence is an extreme case.

In most cases, you would only use gap sequences GSHV.

It's important to realize that your final lottery numbers depend on where you start. In the example, I used the X gaps.

If I decided to use the CV sequence, my first gap number would come from the H column.
          Using a gap of 4, the lottery number will be 24, instead of 27. The gap of 6 would yield lottery number of 21.The gap of 10
          would yield a lottery number of 28.

Countined next post.

Bobby

Second gap

San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Sure hope you are catching on the procedure for finding lottery numbers! It's tricky, but
            it will become second nature is a short time.

The question raised now is how many lottery numbers to pick and play.

If you do some research at this forum, you will find numerous threads on the subject.

You may have already decided how many numbers to wheel. You just use the gap

sequence to pull them out for you.

I think the best answer is the depth of your pockets, or, how much you want to spend.

The more numbers you put in your wheel, the more combinations you will need to

play. Some of the abbreviated wheels require a significant investment in order for the

wheel guarantee to be realized.

I'm not a preacher, but if it comes to spending $ on the lottery or buying shoes for the

kid, buy the shoes.

I have an entertainment budget not to exceed $100 per week. I play no more than 10 Cash 5

combinations per day. I then spend $5 to $10 for MegaMillions and/or Texas

Lotto twice a week. Sometimes, I cut back on Cash 5 and spend more on the
            jackpot games, depending on the jackpot.

I've been posting my Cash 5 predictions in this forum. I usually play 4 As, 4 Bs,

4 Cs and 4Ds, for 16 numbers. I then wheel the numbers to obtain 10 sets
            using a couple lottery programs I have.

Sometimes, I play 3 numbers in each group or 12 numbers to obtain 5 sets.

The jackpot games require more numbers in the wheel. I usually pick

3 numbers in each number group, A to F.

I've noticed that some folks play fewer or more numbers in each group. Sometimes,

they will skip a group.

I try to maintain a balance. I'm not sure what indicators I need to use to incorporate skips.

You need to keep a record of the gap sequences, gap numbers and lottery numbers you play. I have a piece of

graph paper on which I log my choices for each drawing. I pencil in the actual results. I also keep some short
            notes on what motivated me to make certain choices. It's a good tool. You will find my formats in
            the Cash 5 predictions.

Texas has a Pick 4+ game. I'm tracking it using my gap strategy.

The strategy won't work for Pick 3 and Pick 4 games.

Going back to the lottery number selection procedure. You may wonder if there are other methods.

Well, you could count DOWN instead of UP a column. But, you will get a lot of cold numbers!

You could jump directly from the X gaps, for example, to the lottery number, But, this would disrupt whatever forces

are at play.

I can't explain the 'forces' affecting the gap sequences. I don't even try. I follow the procedures and accept

whatever lottery numbers are generated. If I started analyzing the whys and wherefores, I'd give it up.

It's a matter of faith. I've used this strategy for quite awhile and its has produced wins I never had when I was

picking numbers on a hit and miss basis. It works, and that's all that counts, for me.

If you have questions, I recommend that you put them in an IM.

Bobby

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: October 11, 2006, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Todd.

Bobby

If I may, I would suggest that you make your notes using Notepad. Then, once your notes are in order and you have it laid out the way you want it, you can easily save it as a file (for future reference) and copy and paste it directly into the Editor here.

Sometimes, I copy my data from Excel to Notepad so I can strip down the unwanted stuff and control the overall appearance. Also, it helps when my connection hiccups and I have to start over again.

BTW...thanks for the info you are posting.

Sir Metro

San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2006, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Here is a final review of my 'Gap Strategy' workup for Pick 5, 5+ and 6 lottery games.
                I'll begin by saying that I used the strategy to pick numbers in the Texas Cash 5 Wednesday, and had 4 wins - 1 3/5 for
                $10 and 3 2/5 for $6. I wheeled 15 numbers and played 10 sets.

If you have been following my instructions, you should have the following information on graph paper.
                1. Master gap sequence lists for each number group. (# GSHVWX) You should have one for A, one for B, one for C, one for D, one for E and one for F.
                2. Six unique, stand alone, gap streams for each number group (AG, AS, AH, AV, AW, AX, BG, BS. BH, etc.. derived
                from the last 30 drawings for the lottery you are tracking, using the prescribed counting method indicated in a previous post.Remember, you can't get from G to X without going through SHVW.
                3. Master inventory lists for the six individual gap streams, for each number group. These are long term totals.
                4. Six sequence charts, one for each gap stream. At top of page, you have the draw dates and the gaps for the
                individual drawings marked with a dot in the appropriate columns. Near the bottom, you will have the complete gap sequence, beginning with the first of the 30 drawings. These are updated after each drawing. Skips, a drawing without a number group, are tracked along with the gaps.
                Remember, these are the master lists and include gaps in order of occurrence. You might also have included the Master inventory at the bottom of the page, a duplication but helpful addition when analyzing the gap streams. You could break it into parts, odds and evens.
                5.Six Distribution and Count layouts, one for each gap stream. For example:
                AG (# G), AS (# GS), AH (# GSH), AV (# GSHV), AW (# GSHVW), and AX (# GSHVWX)
                BG (# G), BS (# GS), BH (# GSH), BV (# GSHV), BW (# GSHVW), BX (# GSHVWX)
                CG etc
                DG etc
                EG etc
                FG etc
                6. D&C formats: At top left of each piece of graph paper, you should have the lottery numbers and gap sequences. At bottom left, you should
                have the distribution (1-9, 1-10, etc) for each of the gap sequences. Totals on the left are those from your first 30 drawings. These are the long term totals and should be the same as the Master Inventory. Totals on the right are a count of the gaps that have come up during the Round.
                A Round is 24 consecutive drawings, beginning with Draw 31. The totals are Reset every 24 drawings, ie. the short term gap totals are added to the long term.
                At bottom right of the graph sheet you should have your long term gaps total broken down into a maximum of 4 groups, H (high numberof occurrences,
                M (medium number of occurrences) L (low number of occurrences) and VL (very low number of occurrences). The parameters for each group should be indicated.
                For example, using a B distribution, H might be 17+ occurrences, the gap numbers, 6.8, M might be 12-13 occurrences,gap numbers 3.5.7, L 9-11 occurrences,gap numbers 2.4.9, VL 8 and less occurrences, 1.10
                The data for each number group should be placed in individual folders, called "Play books" You will one for the As, one for the B, etc.

Next: Making predictions.

San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Predictions using the Gap Strategy explained in previous posts are based on the various sets of data derived from 30 or more consecutive drawings. This information should be in your Playbooks for each number group.

You should have separate sets of playbooks for each lottery being tracked.

If predictions for a Cash 5 game with 30+ numbers, Playbooks A, B, C and D should be readily available.

The process begins with a decision: How many numbers are needed for the wheel in which they will be used.
                  This of course depends on how much a player wants to invest, but 3 numbers is the standard.

The actual lottery numbers to be selected are found using the 'reverse counting technique' described in earlier posts.
                  Remember, when creating the gap sequences, you went from # (lotto number) to gap numbers G, S, H, V, W and X.

You will now reverse the process, X, W, V, H, S, G, #.

After deciding how many "A" numbers you want to play, you would refer to the 6 D&C charts. Your goal is to select the sequence
                  you think would produce the best results, according to the sequence inventories you have created.

You could consult with your spouse, your adult children, other family members, coworkers or people in your lottery pool, if you
                  are in one. The goal is to analyze each of the six gap sequences and decide which one to use for your predictions. You can only
                  use one sequence for each number group.

Some factors you might consider is the ratio of odd to even numbers in the distributions. Comparison of the H, M, L, and VL breakdowns.
                  You may decide to use one odd and two even gaps, or, one H, one M and one L gap numbers.
                  After you decide, you need to make a record of your choices. For example, if you decide the AV sequence is the one you want to use
                  for your A numbers, and you want to select one H, one M and one L, you would make a record, as follows:  A (HML).

You would then make your gap choices from the AV D&C chart. Using your own analysis, your 'gut feeling', your analysis of the sequences, the advice of others, whatever other means at your disposal.

Once you have the "V" gap numbers, you determine what the 'C' gap numbers are, using the reverse counting method. Start with the last number in the column and count up the appropriate number of places. You would then determine the 'S' gap number and then the 'G' gap number. You would then use the G gap number to find the '#" lottery number, which is the number to play. You would do this 3 times, once for each A number.

Your record should then be:
                  A (HML)
                  V  Gap number, gap number, gap number.
                  H  Gn, Gn, Gn
                  S  Gn, Gn, Gn
                  G  Gn, Gn, Gn
                  #  Lottery number, lottery number, lottery number

The A data I used for the C5 drawing on 1011 was:
                  A (HHML)
                  V  5.8.2.6
                  H  1.2.4.6
                  S  6.5.3.2
                  G  7.8.2.5
                  #  3.1.5.8

The winning combination was 1.8.16.17.26

Unfortunately, I played 11.13.14.19. However, I played 25.26.27.23.
                  I wheeled 15 numbers and had 4 winning combinations.

After you have made your A choices, you proceed to the B numbers. Then the C numbers and the D numbers.
                  Again, the number lottery numbers is the players choice. You could get 3 As, 5 Bs, 2 Cs and 2 Ds. Or, if you have
                  a reliable means to know when a skip is coming, you could skip a number group and play more of the other numbers.

Remember, the gap and lottery numbers change with each drawing. The V5 that produced the #3 today, will give a different lottery
                  number the next drawing, provided there was not a skip.

Important to realize that you are accepting the lottery numbers you predict. It's a matter of faith in your ability to analyze the numbers.
                  You, of course, could be right or wrong.

Although not recommended, you could take a shortcut and go directly from the initial V gap number to the lottery number. In the above example,
                  the V5 would be fifth number up the  # column. This number will probably not be a 3. If you use this method, it is recommended you also compute
                  the # number using the recommended means. You will then have a record for comparison. It will be very difficult to try and determine 'what the # could have been, should have been, would have been, etc. after the fact.

One final recommendation - make sure you up ate all of the sequences and D&C charts immediately after each drawing. Making predictions using old data
                  data will provide # numbers, but these numbers might not be the ones that will come out of that drawing machine on the day of the drawing.
                  Thanks for your interest

Please feel free to send me an IM if you have questions.

Bobby

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                    Member #45802
                    August 28, 2006
                    335 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

bobby623:

I think the Lottery Post should give you a round of applause for your time and efforts.  I think this is the most comprehensive system description I have seen to date.  I found this set of posts today because I was out of pocket. However, I plan on implementing your system if I am not to dumb and old to do it.  I for one reallly appreciate your sharing this with the members.

I like you am retired and am trying to keep my mind active.  I like to say that the lottery pays me to play almost.  Like most I have lost more than I have won but the fun of it seems to compensate,  as long as I don't lose too much.  As of this time, I calculate I am down about 10 per cent.  This is not a lot because I do not gamble a lot.

Anyway, Rick G if you read this I think this is a serious candidate for post of the year.

bobby623 cudos!! big time.

Floridian

San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2006, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

bobby623:

I think the Lottery Post should give you a round of applause for your time and efforts.  I think this is the most comprehensive system description I have seen to date.  I found this set of posts today because I was out of pocket. However, I plan on implementing your system if I am not to dumb and old to do it.  I for one reallly appreciate your sharing this with the members.

I like you am retired and am trying to keep my mind active.  I like to say that the lottery pays me to play almost.  Like most I have lost more than I have won but the fun of it seems to compensate,  as long as I don't lose too much.  As of this time, I calculate I am down about 10 per cent.  This is not a lot because I do not gamble a lot.

Anyway, Rick G if you read this I think this is a serious candidate for post of the year.

bobby623 cudos!! big time.

Floridian

Thank you.

You won't have any problems setting up the gaps for your game(s). Just take your time. You only have to do those 30 draws one time.

If I might suggest, you don't really need to have 6 gap streams. Four would give you lot of choices. Of course, six would be good, too. I suspect that some players may stretch it out to 8.

Let me know via IM if you have questions.

Would also like to know if you win!!

Bobby

United States
                        Member #38388
                        April 28, 2006
                        411 Posts
                        Posted: October 14, 2006, 9:50 am - IP Logged

thanks.Thumbs Up

San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: October 14, 2006, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Those of you who are following this threat may be wondering what happened to the "C" gap column, the one after the 'S' column, the # GSHVWX series.

What I did was change the C to H to avoid confusion with the C number group.

The column headings don't have any particular meaning. 

Thanks for your interest.

Bobby 

San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1394 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2006, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Hello

This thread has been viewed over 1200 times.

Query. Has anyone set up a game using 'gap strategy' and made predictions?

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Bobby

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                              Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: October 19, 2006, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Hello

This thread has been viewed over 1200 times.

Query. Has anyone set up a game using 'gap strategy' and made predictions?

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Bobby

bobby623

Here is some feedback.  I am impressed with your detailed explanation of your system,  you either were an accountant, tax preparer, or of some engineering discipline.  Speaking for myself,  I have a system for the PICK 5's, PICK 6's and Jackpot games which I will not deviate from because it is effective, and it hits everyday.  In addition, I would not have the time to try another system, I still work for a living.  Graph paper, notebooks, etc. takes a lot of time. I spend one hour a day on three to four games everyday.  I use an off the shelf analysis tool, and cut and paste, pick, and fill to a set of patterns, fill out slips and away I go. Buying tix in my travels between MD.D.C..and sometimes VA.

I, for one,  love looking at numbers, but after a while it starts to all look the same, so I go to Lottery Post and see whats happening.  How other people are doing, and seeing not only the numbers picked, but what other lottery players are doing, I like the blogs, lottery players have lives and opinions just like myself, eventually I will go GOLD then PLATINUM.

Trust me there are people on this forum that are studying your methods, and are eventually going to comment on your methodology. I think people know you have hard work invested, you are dedicated, and we appreciate your posts and info..  I think your system has a valid postulate, but to adapt  in my games in my states would require abandoning my current system,  which I am happy with.  Thank You.  LOL jarasanUS Flag