Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Everthing working OK?

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #2460
October 7, 2003
766 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2006, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Todd

I did get FireFox to copy and paste, thank you.

Four4me thank you also.

I have in the last few minutes checked many browsers.

Only now FireFox and K-Meleon work OK for me here at LP.

I will use those two, sayonara Internet Explorer.

Enter Firefox and K-Meleon.

Thank you again. 

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
    Member #19043
    July 24, 2005
    7378 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2006, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd, i just got 3 erro messages but i kept trying and it posted my lastest reply,I am just letting you know because i am not sure if it is my computer because i just recently change to Firefox ,Also no information was lost like before Now how Cool is that,Good jOb Todd,Spreading the lucky Hearts through out LPLoviesLoviesLoviesThe best of luck to you Todd,Thanks for this GREAT Site! Delores247

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2006, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Hi Delores,

Thanks so much for letting me know.

I screwed something up for a minute, which is why you saw the error.  I guess I'm just trying to prove I'm human every day. Big Grin

I have been having very good luck with the new way of updating.  The updates are happening with no pausing or other problems (minus my self-inflicted glitch).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #2460
        October 7, 2003
        766 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

For anybody who might be interested, K-Meleon also seems to work very well with the "Rich Text Editor"

It appears to be a very good browser, download and use both: FireFox and K-Meleon, to see which of them you like best, as both are just very fast and great.

No time lag on anything.

Thanks Todd. 

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2006, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

For anybody who might be interested, K-Meleon also seems to work very well with the "Rich Text Editor"

It appears to be a very good browser, download and use both: FireFox and K-Meleon, to see which of them you like best, as both are just very fast and great.

No time lag on anything.

Thanks Todd. 

Both of those browsers should render the pages about the same as the other, because they both use the Gecko rendering engine underneath.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2006, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

I clear my Browser Cache Frequently! Netscape's Status Line says Waiting for LotteryPost.

I'm posting this with Netscape right now.  Not only is there no pause, it feels at least as quick as standard IE7.

At the bottom I am seeing an amazing, "This page was generated in 0.0000 seconds", which means it generated so fast that the internal clock on the server did not increment.

I tried rendering with both the IE and Gecko rendering engines in Netscape (a nice feature), and it worked both ways just fine.

This version of Netscape seems really nice, by the way, for those looking to try different browsers.  Very complete, with lots of options.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2006, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

This is FireFox, Works Ok, but no copy and paste.(That is upsetting)

The off by one browser didn't work  at all, too bad.

I will try next the good old IE, in a second.

Thank you again. 

Yes, same with Netscape which was also designed by Mozilla. I wonder why? I like Firefox and I really prefer Netscape except for that very big flaw.

I will check my settings as suggested to see if I can also change this problem.  Thanks, Todd.

EDIT:  I give up.  I have Netscape 8.1  Where are the settings so I can copy & paste?  I can't find them.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2006, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

If you are using Firefox as your browser and would like to enable Cut/Copy/Paste functionality in the editor window, make the following configuration change:

(1) Create a file "user.js" and place the following lines of code into it:
                user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");
                user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", " http://www.lotterypost.com");
                user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
                user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

(2) Store this file in the following directory:
                C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[AlphaNumString].default

[Note: this is a Windows XP example. If you are using a different operating system, please see the "Locate your Profile" section on the following Mozilla web site: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit. This will help you to identify the proper path in which to store "user.js"]

(3) Restart Firefox.

You should now be able to copy and paste into the editor when posting a message.

Update: I tested this with my own Firefox installation, and it works great.  The "Application Data" folder is a hidden folder on some hard drives, so you need to set the "Show hidden folders" option in Windows Explorer to browse to it.  (It's in the Tools menu / Folder Options item / View tab.)

United States
                  Member #2460
                  October 7, 2003
                  766 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2006, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Or to copy and paste you can just use the "EDIT" box on the top Lth of the browser and Click on it and on its menu go down to copy and or paste and click on each in their turn as you use them.

Because the copy and paste from the Rth click menu on the mouse will not work unless you follow those instructions posted by Todd.

The copy and paste from the browser's edit menu works just fine, no problems with it at all.

Good luck. 

United States
                    Member #2460
                    October 7, 2003
                    766 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2006, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Those who have Win98SE will save that file there:

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5uydmpd3.default

Copy and paste that on the address bar of windows explorer and press enter, it will take you to where you should paste the new file that you will make as shown by Todd.

After you copy the new file there you might have to either restart the browser or close it first and then re-start it. 

Understood? 

United States
                      Member #2460
                      October 7, 2003
                      766 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2006, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", " http://www.lotterypost.com");

HighLight and copy the above text only into NotePad then save that text file as

user.js

Then copy and paste it into the indicated place.

Or better, when you save the file, save it into the indicated folder or address. 

I just did it myself with Win98SE and it works great, no more having to use the browser's "EDIT" menu, you can now copy and paste right on the Rich Text Editor, it is great!

Thanks a lot Todd. 

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2006, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Those who have Win98SE will save that file there:

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5uydmpd3.default

Copy and paste that on the address bar of windows explorer and press enter, it will take you to where you should paste the new file that you will make as shown by Todd.

After you copy the new file there you might have to either restart the browser or close it first and then re-start it. 

Understood? 

No, don't advise people to do that.  Everyone will have a different path name at the end, which is why I included instructions the way I did.  You are the only one with the path "5uydmpd3.default".  It's easy to find using Windows Explorer, as I had mentioned.

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2006, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

If you are using Firefox as your browser and would like to enable Cut/Copy/Paste functionality in the editor window, make the following configuration change:

(1) Create a file "user.js" and place the following lines of code into it:

(2) Store this file in the following directory:
                          C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[AlphaNumString].default

[Note: this is a Windows XP example. If you are using a different operating system, please see the "Locate your Profile" section on the following Mozilla web site: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit. This will help you to identify the proper path in which to store "user.js"]

(3) Restart Firefox.

You should now be able to copy and paste into the editor when posting a message.

Update: I tested this with my own Firefox installation, and it works great.  The "Application Data" folder is a hidden folder on some hard drives, so you need to set the "Show hidden folders" option in Windows Explorer to browse to it.  (It's in the Tools menu / Folder Options item / View tab.)

Just so there's no confusion, these are the proper instructions for adding cut/copy/paste to Firefox.

As Excalibur had mentioned, Windows 98 and ME users will need to save the file in the path starting with "C:\Windows\..." rather than "C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\...", because Windows 98 and ME are single-user operating systems, and all your settings are stored in the Windows folder, rather than a Documents and Settings folder.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
                            OHIO
                            United States
                            Member #4164
                            March 27, 2004
                            14586 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2006, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for all your help, everything is working now.....

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2006, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for all your help, everything is working now.....

Fantastic!  Which web browser are you using now?