Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why the US is turing into a facist country

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jarasan.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jimiam's avatar - ICONATOR 4af8c649273bc68ca3f95ed9dd755e65.jpg

United States
Member #39406
May 15, 2006
287 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.If the public really knew what was really going on, there would be the biggest uprising America has ever known.That's when the police would come in.Did you know, the real job of the police is to protec the "corporation" aka "united states of america" NOT TO PROTECT YOU. they could care less about you.l I am very tired, had a long day and I'm going to bed.

Jimiam 

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
    Member #45802
    August 28, 2006
    335 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2006, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

The "D's" fault again?  Maybe I'm mistaken, but an "R" congress and an "R" president are in power today and have been for years.   

Please lets not single out one or the other of these parties again.  This is making my eyes bleed.  The mere fact that the statements use the word "power", scares me.  The founding fathers were not into power and that is why most of them worked for a dollar a year.  Imagine any politician today working for a dollar a year.  Even at that rate some of them would not be a bargain.

The real answer is, we have had stupidity in power for the last 46 plus years.  The only reason I leave Ike out of this is because he did absoulutely nothing for eight years except play golf.  One could argue that the Vicuna coat scandal with Nixon and Ike was serious but I do not believe it was enough to halt world progress.

The mess this country now faces is the by-product of career politics.  How does everyone like the results?  Based on the many threads on LP a lot of people like me are fed up.

Instead of using the words -- fight, win, blast, power, go after, upper hand and many more that seem to flow from all our politicians mouths at will -- why not start using the words, help, honest, protect, fiscal responsibility, care, personal responsibility, giving, empathy and the big ones in my opinion term limits. 

I have said it before and I will say it again, you can not keep voting the same way and doing the same political things over and over and over again expecting different results.  This is the defination of pure insanity.

So, what did the electorate do early this month?  The same thing over again and in two or three years people will be wondering once again why no improvements are realized for the average guy or gal.  DUH!!

You want to know why things are like they are, try this one on,  everyone in this country is just too busy and too important to get involved in the governing of their own country, the place they bring up their kids, the place they plan to retire in, the place they want some peace and protection in, the place they want justice in, the place they want to be fair and offer basic human rights.  No, that is too much work, let someone else do it, I just am too busy and for sure too important to be bothered.

In my county, 46% of the registered voters took part in the election and the registered voters account for 73% of the eligible voters that are just too busy and important to register.

This election my vote counted as if I had voted at least 3 times.  You want to know the power of the electorate, follow those numbers across the country.  I hope no one is going to put forth the argument that people are too stupid to vote.  God! if that is the case I see where we are going.

Anyway, with numbers like that I am sure anyone can see why the country is on the tail end of insanity.

f

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

"chefs in Chicago can lose their restaurant permit for making goose liver"

Really?  I had no idea.  Hooray!!  Geese already have livers.  What's cruel is how people force feed these birds until their livers are swollen and they suffer horrible lives and deaths because a few gourmets desire to stuff their faces with foie gras.  Many people don't have enough to eat and others (most of the world) live on staples like rice, beans and noodles. So I don't feel sorry for those who want to invent even more inhumane ways to torture the creatures we are supposed to protect because they are bored with the daily bread they've been given. 

"A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." Proverbs 12:10

By the way, I do agree that we have lost our basic rights and freedoms, but I don't think one of them is to be able to act irresponsibly or forget our morality which includes how we treat those who are weaker than we are.

I knew it, right there in Chicago, illegal goose liver cloning.  Here in MD. we have Canadian Geese, I believe they like turf for breakfast, lunch and dinner, because they live here all year round, it seems because of the all the water, turf, and plain ol' good living, MD is a second home for Canada Geese. Some golf courses around here are real attractions to the geese, the golfers contend with divets and goose pellets, needless to say, they'd be better off playing golf and vacationing in Chicago.  LOG jarasanTurkey  no I mean LOT, (lots of tofu).