Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What happens if you forgot where you bought your jackpot ticket.

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2006, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I would be more concerned if I forgot where I put the ticket rather than where I bought it.....

So true.

Party

SirMetro's avatar - center
    East of Atlanta
    United States
    Member #6191
    August 11, 2004
    1389 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2006, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Trusted Attorney??? ThudWould that NOT be considered somewhat impossible?And if it is by some remote and far-fetched reach of imagination, once you have collected, do you think you could still trust the Attorney?My suggestion is the heck with the Attorney; bring armed body guards, mercenaries would more likely be the most loyal to you since at least they have a code of honor.Dang…I sure hope one day I really have that problem to be concerned about.Have fun Folks,

Sir Metro

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Surely you folks realize not every place that sells tickets has camera surveillance ?

And some that you think do - don't.

And others that do - it isn't working.

I still say - buy it and SIGN IT - at the same time you buy it.  You got anything else to do for 5 seconds ? 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2006, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

No, no....I remember laying the ticket on the counter, I remember the numbers I played, I just don't remember what store I was in.

Bang Head

Green laugh

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5587 Posts
          Posted: November 22, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Trusted Attorney??? ThudWould that NOT be considered somewhat impossible?And if it is by some remote and far-fetched reach of imagination, once you have collected, do you think you could still trust the Attorney?My suggestion is the heck with the Attorney; bring armed body guards, mercenaries would more likely be the most loyal to you since at least they have a code of honor.Dang…I sure hope one day I really have that problem to be concerned about.Have fun Folks,

Sir Metro

Believe it or not, there are lawyers out there that you can trust. You just gotta look,  just like everything else, you only hear of the bad ones. LOL jarasan.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Mid-Missouri
            United States
            Member #644
            August 31, 2002
            4271 Posts
            Posted: November 22, 2006, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I haven't played scratch offs in a really really long time, but here in MO the store that sold the ticket use to put stamps on the back where you sign them stating the name of the store. They may not do that anymore. Use to be you could only return a winner to the store you bought it from. That has changed. As far as online tickets (p3, p4) they have store codes on the bottom. That never changes. If you want to know what store you bought one in. Go to all the stores you visit and ask them to print a drawing for you (if you don't want to buy a new ticket) and compare codes on the bottom. If you bought it in one of those stores you will find a match.

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
              Member #38687
              May 3, 2006
              315 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2006, 1:47 am - IP Logged

When you hit a jackpot they'll ask you the questions guesser suggested....then you'll name places where you buy your tickets.....

they they'll tell you none of those places are lottery outlets, some odd music will start playing, and Rod Serling will appear. then you'll know you're in

The Twilight Zone 

White Bounce

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Green laugh

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2006, 3:55 am - IP Logged

I remember those episodes justxploring, does that mean we are getting a little age on us?

Heck I have been in the twilight zone for years just living in this world.

Even if you bought your ticket in Willoughby, the Lottery folks would know it, they know everything by the number codes on the ticket.  They created the twilight zone to protect themselves.   Their are no secrets when you play the lottery.

F

"Getting" a little age?? LOL  I was shopping in a department store and, in the dressing room, I commented while looking in the mirror "Why I have the body of a 30 year old" and the saleslady answered "Well, you better give it back to her because you're getting it all wrinkled!" LOL

At this point I don't care if the Lottery knows every move I make, every breath I take (although I'd rather Sting watch me) as long as I win something!  Just couldn't bring myself to buy a raffle ticket tonight but am building up the courage!  I am invited out to a Thanksgiving feast, but since I've become old I actually look forward to a dull evening at home.  Enjoy.  

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                  Member #4416
                  April 22, 2004
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2006, 7:37 am - IP Logged

I remember those episodes justxploring, does that mean we are getting a little age on us?

Heck I have been in the twilight zone for years just living in this world.

Even if you bought your ticket in Willoughby, the Lottery folks would know it, they know everything by the number codes on the ticket.  They created the twilight zone to protect themselves.   Their are no secrets when you play the lottery.

F

The Twilight Zone is my all-time favorite TV series, and Rod Serling is the coolest TV personality ever. I just recently acquired the complete collection of Twilight Zone episodes on DVD. Now, all I have to do is find about 75 spare hours to watch them all.

I suppose remembering the Twilight Zone does date us a bit, but those were great times. I can recall wishing at times that I could visit and experience some of the places and things in that series. I always wanted to go to Vegas after seeing the episode about the guy who became obsessed with beating that slot machine. I have been to Vegas a number of times, but fortunately, I never ended up jumping out the window of my hotel room.

It certainly can't hurt to remember where you buy your lottery tickets; however, I doubt that the failure to remember that fact alone would prevent you from claiming a major prize. It might make for good supporting evidence if another person tries to falsely claim ownership of the ticket though.

I once won $1000 on a 6/42 game. When I went to cash the ticket, the guy asked me where I bought it. I told him that I didn't remember, and he said it didn't really matter and I could just make a guess. I told him the name of a place (which I later realized was wrong), he made out my check, and I was on my way to the bank.

Nothing ever came of the fact that I didn't remember where I'd bought that ticket, but I do make a point to remember that information now. I want all my ducks in a row if I ever manage to hit the big one.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2006, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, the old Twilight Zones were great - sooooo many actors got their start doing one-off bit parts in them, I remember seeing Bruce Dern, Jack Nicholson and a whole bunch of others in them.

Other shows like 'Route 66', 'Flipper', '12 O'Clock High', even the original 'FBI' series, all great shows, all simply done, they can't make shows like that anymore, even if they wanted to. 

United Kingdom
                      Member #47827
                      November 27, 2006
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2006, 9:14 am - IP Logged

here in uk if you buy lottery tickets you get a receipt along with the print out of your nos and on the receipt it has the shops name so easy to find out where tickets are buyed in uk

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10392 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2006, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Since there are some TZ and Rod serling fans here, this is one heck of a story:

http://www.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/rodserling.html 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                          Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20246 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2006, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Since there are some TZ and Rod serling fans here, this is one heck of a story:

http://www.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/rodserling.html 

Thats really a good article on Rod Serling.  Thanks coin toss...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2006, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

"Gee, I don't know mister, any store that won't let me in with my dog....." 

////////////////////////////

"C'mon, let's go."

"Let me ask this genie one more question....it's only a penny" 

/////////////////////////////

So justxploring's numbers finally hit, she had indeed played them....and decided to take her lunch in the bank's vault, with a good book. 

How did you know I wear glasses?  Actually, I don't use them for reading.  But I do remember Burgess Meredith and how that episode ends.

By the way, think of what would happen if you were a compulsive lottery player and the only person left on Earth. Eek

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                              Member #4416
                              April 22, 2004
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2006, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

That was a great read on Rod Serling. It's a shame he died so young. It seems that he was truly an inspired person with a deep passion for his work.