Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

letting others borrow money

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 10 years ago by cps10.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

do you let others borrow money on occasions?

sometimes i do [ 22 ]  [43.14%]
anytime others need it [ 3 ]  [5.88%]
maybe once but not very often [ 14 ]  [27.45%]
i never let others borrow money [ 12 ]  [23.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2006, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Not sure what bothered me more - the fact that i was out $2,000, the fact he kept gambling and bragging or the fact he blocked me.

Emily and Janet,

Throughout this conversation, the one thing that has bothered me the most is the fact that they chose to block you.  That indicated that they had no intention of paying you back or even discussing it anymore.

They are thieves, pure and simple.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
    mississippi
    United States
    Member #34478
    March 3, 2006
    5903 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2006, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Well I dont want to borrow any money from anyone...having said that..if every member here at LP would like to donate One Dollar to the" Lotterybrakers SUV Fund" that is fine..LOL..send your donation to Lotterybraker..all proceeds will be used wisely and in return I will send you a nice picture of my new SUV..LOL..hopefully not a poor attempt at humor in a serious thread...

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #45802
      August 28, 2006
      335 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2006, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Well I dont want to borrow any money from anyone...having said that..if every member here at LP would like to donate One Dollar to the" Lotterybrakers SUV Fund" that is fine..LOL..send your donation to Lotterybraker..all proceeds will be used wisely and in return I will send you a nice picture of my new SUV..LOL..hopefully not a poor attempt at humor in a serious thread...

I think that is cool.  At least if I gave you a donation I would know where it was going and would not expect to be paid back and would get a great picture of your SUV suitable for framing.

Floridian

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
        The Carolinas - Charlotte
        United States
        Member #21627
        September 12, 2005
        4138 Posts
        Posted: November 27, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I am floored to hear that these people done that. especially when one brags about how they have the winning way (MAP to the money) and make it seem that they are doing great playing numbers.

i never lend my money to others for gambling. and rarely for anything else for that matter. Sure i have helped people out but if they screw me even once i'm done with them. as far as loaning money.

i wish i had all the money i have given/loaned to people over the years and never got back. I could probably take a few vacations to Hawaii.

When people have bills that are bigger than their pay check then they should be concentrating on paying the bills not playing the lottery. Many times people hit the lottery for some good cash and then spend it all back trying to hit again. it a bad proposition all around. Cause the bills usually never get paid off. Because they need the cash they won to continue their gambling addiction. A win seems to fuel the fire and create some illusion that well if i won the other day i might win today too.

Sorry this happened to you all don't loan money to a gambler no matter how big a heart you have. Unless you can afford to take the loss yourself.

In the past when i have given people money i knew i might never see it again this includes family members as well as close friends. I can count on one hand how many have paid me back.

I love this...people claimiing to have the "winning way" but end up broke. And then keep barking about it. Now it makes me wonder if all of the study that I did on this "winning way" was for naught. It's one thing to brag and win with your own stuff. It's another to NOT play your stuff and then lose with it because you didn't tell us about the secret "loss potential" it had. What a joke and a joke of a human being. Dispicable it is.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2006, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's me, but I don't find any humor in this story .

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: November 28, 2006, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

That is just it...you have to be state specific or else you will get blown out. If you want to play 30 states, fine. Make sure you damn well have 30 bankrolls - one for each. And you better play them individually and plan for them individually, or you are finished.

Sure I can give you a list of 30 numbers...and chances are one of them will hit in the U.S. somewhere. At which time I could post WOW---I told you!!! But without calling your shot a la the Mighty Babe Ruth, it doesn't mean squat. I now post state specific. Otherwise my posts are worthless in terms of profits.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: November 28, 2006, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

That is just it...you have to be state specific or else you will get blown out. If you want to play 30 states, fine. Make sure you damn well have 30 bankrolls - one for each. And you better play them individually and plan for them individually, or you are finished.

Sure I can give you a list of 30 numbers...and chances are one of them will hit in the U.S. somewhere. At which time I could post WOW---I told you!!! But without calling your shot a la the Mighty Babe Ruth, it doesn't mean squat. I now post state specific. Otherwise my posts are worthless in terms of profits.

Truer words have never been spoken.  If it's not a profit it's not a profit.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: November 28, 2006, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Truer words have never been spoken.  If it's not a profit it's not a profit.

Thank you Rick. I could get a number, but if I am losing my backside, it doesn't matter.

Stooges

Coastal Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #2653
                  October 30, 2003
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: November 28, 2006, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's me, but I don't find any humor in this story .

I didn't just throw that comment out for no reason- there was a post by someone which I should not name with 11 laughing heads on it regarding the people that lost money.

It has "disappeared" from the thread...

Please tell me I did not imagine it... 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #6
                    November 4, 2001
                    8790 Posts
                    Posted: November 28, 2006, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

DoubleDown

You did not imagine it.

WHATT

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31334 Posts
                      Posted: November 28, 2006, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

DoubleDown

You did not imagine it.

you did not imagine it - very tacky to enjoy another person's misfortune.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Coastal Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #2653
                        October 30, 2003
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2006, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

you did not imagine it - very tacky to enjoy another person's misfortune.

whew !

I have never have seen posts just  disappear.  What?

Oh well...at least someone else saw it.

Yes Emily , it is very tacky...No No

DD

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5113 Posts
                          Posted: November 28, 2006, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

VOTED...........sometimes I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUTTT............& yes, there is ALWAYS a BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ............@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

XMAS

beklau$e  PSYKO has learned, don't expect to be PAID BACK!!!!!

any time..................................................SOONnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! 

LOL........(before 2007)

PSYKOMO 

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                            Member #45802
                            August 28, 2006
                            335 Posts
                            Posted: November 29, 2006, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Well done CPS10 and Rick G:

Thats why I appreciate your posts because you folks bring us back to reality.

Rick is totally correct that a profit is a profit.  I can develop a "system" and back test it in several states to make it fit the outcome I want.  You know the old saying about making numbers say what you want them to and then contend it was your expertise that made it happen.  Creative math has been around forever.  Heck look at the government.  Print more money and claim the economy is great.

The fact is that after being with LP for a very few months I realize that you have to forward test new ideas.  To heck with back testing.  I do not want to know what coulda, shouda, mighta been, I want to know if I can win in a few draws and not have to expend the whole bankroll to do it.  If you lose all the time it ceases to be much fun anymore.

It is like what higher management used to tell me when I worked in corporate America "what have you done for me lately". 

Although I love to read about possibilities because of new wrinkles in the way people play numbers, the bottom line is the bottom line.  This is the simplist math I know,  how much can I afford to lose, how much did I spend, how much profit did I make.

I feel I have to win enough to at least break even so I can continuing playing.  But I am speaking as a new lottery player.  The only benchmark I have is to relate it to my gambling days where I had to make a profit to survive and I had to pay back my debts.

Floridian     

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: November 29, 2006, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Loaning money to a friend is a good way to lose a friend..Give them money rather then loan them it..