Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pressure to win the lottery?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever felt the pressure to win the lottery?

Yes [ 47 ]  [54.02%]
No [ 29 ]  [33.33%]
sometimes [ 11 ]  [12.64%]
unsure [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 87 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

If I never win the big one.. it will not make a difference in my life one way or other..

I have been blessed with two wonderful children.. Four beautiful grandchildren.. (one on the way)

A husband is a true KEEPER...

A nice home..

Great career..

A small but growing business..

Lots of close friends from work and home...

Loving/supporting parents...  Three great sisters.. and a fantastic Brother.

Lots of love here.. Something money cannot buy..

Playing the lottery is only excercise for the brain.. I love a big challenge...  Pick 3 isn't a challenge anymore.. Bored with pick 4.. Ready to focus on the biggie..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Delaware
    United States
    Member #30273
    January 14, 2006
    494 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2006, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

With all the media on lotto winners, to personal problems I sometimes feel the pressure to win. Does anyone else feel the pressure.  Winning the lottery will help so much.

If you are seriously feeling pressured to win, you might need to take a serious look if you should be playing at all. It's not a good sign.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3316 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2006, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

i voted yes, all the poelple im my syndicate are always complain

" aint we win yet!" Cussing Face

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
        kent, washington
        United States
        Member #3509
        January 26, 2004
        465 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2006, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I got BILLS and People KNOCKING ON MY DOOR.

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2006, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

There should never be any pressure to win the lottery, and what difference would it make anyway, if you felt "pressure"?

You know the odds!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5146 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2006, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

There should never be any pressure to win the lottery, and what difference would it make anyway, if you felt "pressure"?

You know the odds!

lottolaughs...........................................????????????????????????

Don't FORGET.......................................1903????????????!

THE

WRIGHT BROTHER'S

NOT GOOD..........................................................................ODD$$

LOL..........&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&JACkPOT...ODK$$

PSYKOMO 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5146 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2006, 2:12 am - IP Logged

ODK

"voted"     

all of the darn it

TIME

THAT's the reason WE play mostly QUICK-PICK

most of the timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JUST trying to FEED the.......White BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite BouncePuke

LOL

PSYKOMO 

""

EVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS!!!!!!!!!!

IS about.......................WINNING...........YES...............YOU????????

MABY???.......................WINNING,,,,,,,,,,,BUT...............TODD!!!!!!!!!

WORKsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

HARDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

toooKeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYOU..................DOWNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

TODD mut-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A................DEMROCRAT.rat..................Don't "U" THINK?????????

ONLY a REBUBLICAN....

likes to WIN in THE FUTURE...............thanks GOD,,,,,,,Lottery!!!!! 

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                Washington State
                United States
                Member #33973
                February 26, 2006
                347 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2007, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Depending on rich relatives unless they're your parents is like depending on winning the lottery, chances are you're going end up with just what you've worked for and saved yourself.

One can't always depend upon rich relatives even if they are your parents.  I recall one time years ago when I was selling life insurance I met with a multi-millionaire in his sixties who said that he was going to cut his son out of the will entirely.  The reason?  The son and his wife were both making good money, but instead of investing it were gambling and buying fancy cars with their own funds.  I had previously met with the son, who thought he was going to inherit all this money and didn't need to invest.

United States
                  Member #34266
                  March 1, 2006
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2007, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

No, because  I will never win.    I play, because I like the dream of winning big.

Greenville
                    United States
                    Member #48739
                    January 7, 2007
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2007, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I feel pressure to win---and I'm a divorce/single mom!  But does feeling pressure make me a sicko?  I beg to differ.  Of course, most of your replies are leaning that way.  The "walk a mile in my shoes"  mantra is not a fairy tale!!!  I don't just merely WANT to win...I HAVE to win.  And I don't have to be rich.  I just want to be COMFORTABLE.  Does anyone out there share my sentiments?

United States
                      Member #41656
                      June 20, 2006
                      24 Posts
                      Posted: January 20, 2007, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

..................when the Jackpot soars above the 100 million dollar mark, the pressure is DEFINATELY on, not only for me, but those of us who would travel cross state lines "to put our numbers in."

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: January 20, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Pressure to win!!? LOL Nobody should feel pressure to win the lottery, especially Powerball or Mega Millions, since there are less than twenty of those top winners every year!!

United States
                          Member #10720
                          January 23, 2005
                          933 Posts
                          Posted: January 20, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes when I need extra $ the number comes out for me. That's the only time I "feel pressure" and it's to win a relatively small amount at that time, enough to solve whatever my immediate need or want is. If I have good algorithms I can do this with only a few numbers. There's a difference between people that play just for the sake of playing or those trying to use a scientific method to predict the next draw and if successful get rewarded in cash! I would love to win several million but would be happy with enough to maintain my current lifestyle. So the pressure to win question would have to specify pressure to win 100 million or pressure to win 25 dollars?

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1958 Posts
                            Posted: January 20, 2007, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

I think the keyword here is "pressured". I mean, why even buy a lottery ticket if you're not "pressured" to win that amount of money, or need it for that matter? So basically, just by buying a ticket you are being "pressured" a very slight bit.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: January 22, 2007, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't have pressure to win. It's a game, one that I wouldn't spend even a dollar of "needed" money on.

I WANT to win, My family and I will be just fine without a major (or minor) jackpot though.

the only pressure I experience related to the lottery is when I whip up a spreadsheet or write a program... because I expect results. I write G-code all day for a wire EDM machine in a machine shop... I'm good at it, get expected results everytime... I aced my excel classes (even taught it for a year or so) and always solved the given problems. worked my way thru certification in visual basic... again, the programs always worked flawlessly. On some level I must like to torture myself by trying to solve unsolvable equations. I like math enough to know the odds are stacked to the house more than what the jackpots are worth (even in PB or MM)... but I still, on occasion, fire up excel to exhaust an idea.

Backtesting against the history has probably saved me a great deal of money, but definitely adds to the hopelessness... not that my life is hopeless if I don't win, but that the challenge I present myself is insurmountable...

I have been playing quickpicks on PB for many months now, got no current system... but one is in the works (there's always one), until then I will just enjoy the game.

best example, if I match none on my quick picks, I'm not bothered... but I get really disappointed when one of my picks comes up dry (and that is usually the case, save for the occasional LOW tier hit).

my pressure is self-imposed.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.