Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Leaving Lottery Post (LP)

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 years ago by DoubleDown.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you won a big jackpot, would you leave LP?

Yes [ 7 ]  [5.79%]
No [ 59 ]  [48.76%]
Not Sure [ 10 ]  [8.26%]
No, but I would keep my big win a secret. [ 19 ]  [15.70%]
No, and I would tell LP members I won. [ 14 ]  [11.57%]
Are you kidding?Yes LP members would hound me too! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'd stay, like the members. [ 12 ]  [9.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 121 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Mid-Missouri
United States
Member #644
August 31, 2002
4271 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2006, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

You naughty boy, you!  Embarassed

I'm just teasing Ms. Toney. Embarassed I'm a good boy, and would be even if I had money, at least...I think so... Wink

Like that T-shirt I saw one time. It said, "Lord, let me prove to you that winning the lottery won't spoil me."  Big Grin

I like that idea, I just hope that HE does too.  Thumbs Up

Best of Luck,

Bryan  :)

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
    Member #4121
    March 23, 2004
    817 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2006, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I would stay, but keep my winnings a secret.  Many nice people here to leave.

Party 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2006, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget folks, there is the LP Winner Protection Program

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyGirl21's avatar - abstract
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #45203
        August 16, 2006
        34 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2006, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

NO!

I second that!!!!

DARE TO DREAM THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!

Party

PROUD TO BE A NORTH CAROLINA POWERBALL PLAYIN GAL!!!!!!!

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2006, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I voted not sure. Of course I love the LP but if I won a REAL biggie I'd probably be out more and do tons more charity work or something. My first inclination was to say no, but on second thought, it's really hard to answer until it happens to you. So I'm a question mark at this point!

freeport bahamas
            Bahamas
            Member #46427
            September 10, 2006
            63 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2006, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

So what would you do if you won a big jackpot; at least $1,000,000.00?  Would you disappear and LP never hear from you again, or just what?

me ,hell no  , i would not go a step, but i would ask todd to send me  a whole LP outfit , hat , shirt and sweat pants so when i go to collect  i would have everyone from lottery post covered, also id have todd make up some orders of hats, pants and shirts ,sweaters  and send to all of his members, i figger since i cant get all of you to the party ,please accept my party gift, since im from the bahamas my item colors would be gold , aqua , and black , my national flag colors  ,hope you enjoy  CoolCheersPartyBananaHyper

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
              The Quantum Master
              West Concord, MN
              United States
              Member #21
              December 7, 2001
              3675 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

"For those who don't know what I'm talking about, most state lotteries hate Lottery Post.  There are a few who are a joy to work with, and to which this does not apply, but the majority hate the free-flow of information and the fact that there can be (*E-GADS!*) criticism of their games.  In their vision of a perfect world, Lottery Post would not exist, so having to deal with their jackpot winner wearing a big "Lottery Post" logo would send them into a tailspin."

Todd, If you have any evidence of this, it would be an affirmation by the state lotteries that lottery systems and number analysis really do work. After all, if the state lotteries' assertion is that lottery systems don't work, then they should have no reason to fear the Lottery Post and lottery systems. Also, if their assertion is that it's all random and no one can predict the next set of numbers, then they should have no worries about the numbers posted here at the Lottery Post or that lottery number analysis works. Just a thought.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
              Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
              Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
              Knowledge is Beyond Belief
              Wisdom is Not Censored
              Douglas Paul Smallish
              Jehocifer

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23259 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2006, 2:46 am - IP Logged

"For those who don't know what I'm talking about, most state lotteries hate Lottery Post.  There are a few who are a joy to work with, and to which this does not apply, but the majority hate the free-flow of information and the fact that there can be (*E-GADS!*) criticism of their games.  In their vision of a perfect world, Lottery Post would not exist, so having to deal with their jackpot winner wearing a big "Lottery Post" logo would send them into a tailspin."

Todd, If you have any evidence of this, it would be an affirmation by the state lotteries that lottery systems and number analysis really do work. After all, if the state lotteries' assertion is that lottery systems don't work, then they should have no reason to fear the Lottery Post and lottery systems. Also, if their assertion is that it's all random and no one can predict the next set of numbers, then they should have no worries about the numbers posted here at the Lottery Post or that lottery number analysis works. Just a thought.

Nah, it's a marketing thing, it has nothing to do with systems or winning.  Just their ability to market a nice, completely untained version of reality, vs. the very frank discussion that takes place here.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
                  kent, washington
                  United States
                  Member #3509
                  January 26, 2004
                  465 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2006, 5:36 am - IP Logged

No, and I'd tell them (you) I won.

The beauty of that is nobody would believe me anyway, so I guess I'd have to contact Todd and have him Fed/Ex me an LP.Com hat to wear when I go to pick up the check, with all cameras on me....

i thought about that too!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2006, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

No, and I'd tell them (you) I won.

The beauty of that is nobody would believe me anyway, so I guess I'd have to contact Todd and have him Fed/Ex me an LP.Com hat to wear when I go to pick up the check, with all cameras on me....

If you really think you have a snow-ball chance of winning a jackpot in the future why not order your LP cap now and be ready when it happens?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2007, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I would not leave- I would continue to be interested in the stories about how jackpot winners squander their wealth, so I can be sure not to emulate them.
                      David Edwards comes to mind......................

I also would continue to enjoy the banter among my cyber friends...

SirMetro's avatar - center
                        East of Atlanta
                        United States
                        Member #6191
                        August 11, 2004
                        1389 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2007, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps I am just greedy or maybe I just look at numbers a bit differantly. For me, a "BIG" jackpot would require at least 1 more zero ($10,000,000 PLUS).

Simply put, anything less then that is pretty much precommited in my mind. For example, with the MegaMillions at $122,000,000, the Cash payout would only be around $66,000,000 with after tax value of roughly around $30,000,000.

I would set aside roughly $5,000,000 for basic home repairs, remodeling as well as a few expansions I am interested in (just not sure how to talk the Wife into letting me do those modifications to her house), while another $3,000,000 would be earmarked for several of our favorite charities. Of course, since I would have paid off all my debts, I would have to set up at least $2,000,000 in an escrow to make sure taxes and insurance on the house was kept up. Then, I would probably sit aside $2,000,000 for my daughter so she could finish her education and keep her bills paid. Finally, the remaining $18,000,000 would be split between my wife and I to invest how we see fit whereas I would put roughly $8,000,000 into at least 18 to 24 decent long term growth and income stocks to insure future income while protecting the principle. And the remaining $1,000,000 would be used to dabble in stock options.

So yeah, I would probably stay if I hit big cause by time I got done, I would be just as poor afterwards as I was before I started. But hey, that's just how I think.

SirMetro's avatar - center
                          East of Atlanta
                          United States
                          Member #6191
                          August 11, 2004
                          1389 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2007, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

If you really think you have a snow-ball chance of winning a jackpot in the future why not order your LP cap now and be ready when it happens?

Because I am cheap and why pay for something if I think I can get it for free???

GIDDYUP's avatar - cls want_to_buy.jpg
                            Dunn / Kinston North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #46604
                            September 17, 2006
                            98 Posts
                            Posted: January 9, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

NO ... You all are part of my life!!!

Can't lose for winning Banana

TGOOD7's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                              HOUSTON
                              United States
                              Member #36807
                              April 7, 2006
                              40 Posts
                              Posted: January 9, 2007, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

NO.Lottery Post is a lot of fun,it also has a lot of good and dedicated people.