Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are there any atheist/agnostic jackpot winners?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2007, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Ah, but you know xploring, in court a peel is a slippery thing! He does have a slick lawyer.

ez

Yes, I understand he comes from Tarzana.  I think he'll win his case, as long he isn't a Cheeta.  Before he won all this money, his wife was such a plain Jane.  But then she started hanging out at Hollywood & Vine and is known to be quite a swinger these days.

United States
    Member #29417
    January 1, 2006
    355 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

BananaOMG! cheese&crackers this is the most funniest post ever . well now that monkey can finally buy all the Chicita bananas it wants.

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #21206
      September 4, 2005
      949 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2007, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Atheists, and I am one, tend to be rationalists.

Rationalists would tend not to play the lottery, although I play the lottery.

Atheists, in spite of what George H.W. Bush might wish to represent, are actually human beings, (and actually have ethics) and in spite of their best intentions, still do irrational things, like play the lottery.

I play the lottery mostly because the improbability of winning the lottery is not quite as improbable as things which already exist.  But I'm actually not necessarily proud of playing the lottery, since it is irrational.

The tendency towards rationalism would tend to suggest that atheists are under represented among lottery players and therefore are under represented among lottery winners, compared to the population.  This doesn't mean that there are no atheists who play the lottery, just fewer atheists who play than religious people who play.

Of course winners who are religious, tend to announce their religions.    Many religious people attribute their good luck - and all of their opinions about everything else - to God.  (Our country is fighting a criminal war to steal oil because the President of the United States has declared that God wants him to fight the war.)   Jack Whitaker for instance made a big deal about his church - tithing 10% - and the rest is history.   

If I won the lottery I have no intention of announcing my religious preferences or anything else about myself.  I'll keep my mouth shut and do my best with the money.  Thus if I won, you would have no further information on the atheism of winners.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
        Carters Lake, Ga.
        United States
        Member #5313
        June 29, 2004
        1065 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2007, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

xploring, the word on the street is, Cheeta and Jane now live together. The guy that went around beating on his chest and screaming a lot was spot ed the other day holding a sign " will work for food"

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

LottoHackJack's avatar - leaf
          Leamington, Ontario
          Canada
          Member #2995
          December 11, 2003
          59 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2007, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I'd claim my religious preference as a professing Christian, but I haven't necessarily been able to live up to the standards of the founder...I certainly wouldn't brag profusely about winning the lottery, nor want to make a spectacle of the matter, but then, are Christians supposed to draw lots?

I suppose it's like anything else...It's what you do with your available resources and whether they are accumulated through justifiable means and worthy causes... If your identified purpose or goal for your religious persuasion and beliefs is to be at peace and harmony with yourself, the master you serve, and nature, then specifically searching to get something for nothing accompanied by aimless partying and striving after wind may not be such a noble expression...But I would see no fault at anyone trying to better themselves and their situations...That should be a goal in itself since we all start naked anyways and hope to be cared for, but keep in mind that we also leave naked, so hoarding is not the answer either.

If one's religious belief is solely to win the lottery and squander it, then I suspect you are already a lost soul...the evidence is in already.

Even the atheists and agnostics retain inspiration and potential to practise better morals and healthy communications than some of today's religious sects. I assume that the rewards for being usefully employed in the betterment of overall life and well-being in general will reap the same rewards, no matter what the religious persuasion or the wealth you accumulate.

Then there will be those who will jump the tracks and head straight for hell...I play lotto as a hobby. If I win, the testing of my true character will have begun cuz my wife and kids will want more than half  :)

LottoHackJack

P.S.  If you know how to beat the lottery, please don't hoard it...Share it with moi  :)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5146 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2007, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Is there a species law?  I mean, does it say on the lottery ticket that a player has to be human to win?  If you trained your dog to buy a ticket, could he win?  Some might say the dog would need a soc sec #, but many foreigners win.  As long as the dog had the proper papers, I suppose he would qualify. How about intergalactic travelers?  Do you think someone from another galaxy would be questioned?

One of the things I've noticed is how many people who win have moles.  Although they vary in size and shape, there is definitely some correlation between people with moles and lottery winners.  Liver spots are a close second.

JXP.........................................UUUUUUUmakemefeel...........LIKE<<

LEAPORDD........but...........me......

drives a Jaguar!!

BUILT BY........................................................ford???????

finger that WON>>>>>OUT???

LOL

PSYKOMOPartySee Ya!PartySee Ya!