Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia's New $20 Scratcher

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 years ago by DoubleDown.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #916
December 12, 2002
18335 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2007, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I think this $20 is a waste.... getting a free ticket for a $20 investment is ridiculous.. you would think that we could at least double our money on the first try.......

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2007, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I think this $20 is a waste.... getting a free ticket for a $20 investment is ridiculous.. you would think that we could at least double our money on the first try.......

I Agree!

We have already had one million dollar winner claim his prize..
    The ticket was sold in Eastman, Ga.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2007, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I guess this ticket is selling well.  Already 3 $1 million winners.  I see them bringing another "Jumbo Bucks" ticket in...  Maybe ($20) "Mega Jumbo Bucks"

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2007, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Every store I frequent says they can't keep them in stock...
        GA has done the right thing by throwing at least 3 Million dollar winners out there within the first week of sales..

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2007, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Great marketing skills.  Of course now that GA has a $20 ticket TN will be following in their footsteps.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2007, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Interesting little story on a $20 GA ticket.....

As us GA players know, the losing tickets should not be trashed. We can sign them, send them in and there will be weekly drawings for $5000 .
            The weekly winners are eligible to be in the grand prize drawing for $10 Million .

Having said that, I was at the store scratching a couple of tickets recently and couldn't help but notice several of the $20 tickets right on top in the trash.
            I pulled them out and stuck them in my pocket.

Later I looked them over and lo and behold one of them had missed a winner.
            As I matched the number I scratched it off and the prize was a free ticket.

I took it back later and redeemed it for another $20 ticket , and it turned out to be a winner of $100.

Not too shabby, $100 pulled from the trash.....

dumars798's avatar - batman17
              Atlanta
              United States
              Member #28656
              December 20, 2005
              5675 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2007, 12:30 am - IP Logged

As us GA players know, the losing tickets should not be trashed. We can sign them, send them in and there will be weekly drawings for $5000 .
              The weekly winners are eligible to be in the grand prize drawing for $10 Million .

Having said that, I was at the store scratching a couple of tickets recently and couldn't help but notice several of the $20 tickets right on top in the trash.

I took it back later and redeemed it for another $20 ticket , and it turned out to be a winner of $100.

Wtg DoubleDown!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

dumars798's avatar - batman17
                Atlanta
                United States
                Member #28656
                December 20, 2005
                5675 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

got one today  $50 win

Wtg Emilyg!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
                  Winchester, Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #42711
                  July 7, 2006
                  1201 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2007, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Way to goooo DoubleDown!!!!!!!

TheMaker's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
                    Member #44530
                    August 5, 2006
                    8439 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2007, 8:11 am - IP Logged

WTG DoubleDown!!! 

When do they do d weekly drawings for $5000 and what time is it and what station is it on?

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE!!!

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2007, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone !!!

The first drawing is this Friday I believe.
                      I do not think it is televised..
                      When I find out more I'll post it.

DD

TheMaker's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
                        Member #44530
                        August 5, 2006
                        8439 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2007, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone !!!

The first drawing is this Friday I believe.
                        I do not think it is televised..
                        When I find out more I'll post it.

DD

Thanks!!

Do u know if there is a limit of how many tickets u can send in?

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE!!!

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2007, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Thanks!!

Do u know if there is a limit of how many tickets u can send in?

From the GA Lottery Website :

2. To Enter: Between February 1, 2007 and 5:00pm EST on the Thursday immediately following the announced Official End of Game date of the Georgia's $500 Million Club instant ticket, entrants must mail a non-winning Georgia's $500 Million Club instant ticket with completed player information on the back of the ticket, including player name, address, and telephone number (optional), together with First-Class postage. All entries must be a completed non-winning Georgia's $500 Million Club instant ticket. No Entries Mailed In An Envelope Will Be Accepted.

All entries received become the sole property of the Georgia Lottery and will not be returned. Entries must be complete and legible to be eligible. The Georgia Lottery is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or altered entries. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Any Georgia Lottery tickets mechanically reproduced, altered, mutilated, tampered with in any way, containing any printing or other errors, sample tickets marked "void" or not received through the manner specified above are null and void.

3. Weekly Drawings: Weekly drawings of all eligible entries received will be held each Friday, commencing on Friday, February 16, 2007 and will continue until the Friday immediately following the announced Official End of Game date for the Georgia's $500 Million Club instant ticket. All entries must be received by 5:00pm EST on the Thursday immediately preceding each Friday drawing date to be eligible for that Friday's drawing. New entries are required for each weekly drawing. Entries will not be rolled over week to week and will only be eligible for the week they are received.

4. Prizes: Each weekly winner will (1) instantly win $5,000 cash ("Weekly Prize"); and, (2) immediately become a finalist in the Extra Chance $10 Million Grand Prize Drawing ("Grand Prize Event") to be held on a date yet to be announced following the announced Official End of Game date for the Georgia's $500 Million Club instant ticket. Approximate Retail Value of each Weekly Prize is $5,000. The Grand Prize ("Grand Prize") consists of $10,000,000 payable over twenty (20) equal annual installments of $500,000 each without interest (approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $10,000,000). If, after reasonable attempts to contact a Weekly Prize winner by the Georgia Lottery Corporation, a Weekly Prize winner does not file the necessary claim forms with the Georgia Lottery Corporation within thirty (30) days of the Weekly Prize drawing, that Weekly Prize will be deemed to be an unclaimed prize. In such event of an unclaimed Weekly Prize, the Weekly Prize winner will be ineligible to collect the Weekly Prize of $5,000 cash and will also be ineligible to be included in the Grand Prize Event. Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) Weekly Prize.

Canada
                            Member #47080
                            October 18, 2006
                            10 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2007, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Gongrats on getting that 100 bucks dair emily!!!!

I just think its crappy how if ya win 50 on those tickets it aint really fifty profit because the darn thing cost 20 to begin with .. It feel way better to by $1 Bingo and win 10 bucks because at least with the one dollar tickets ya get 90% profit back. I have scratch 3 or 4 20$ tickets and never got even a free ticket LOL!!!!! I do think there is some huge winner's in them its just I havn't had the luck for now..

I stick to the $1 ,$2,$3,$4 and $5 buck tickets because when ya hit a fifty spot or a hundred or even 20 you get way more return profit then with the 20$ tickets....

I love splitting $20 buck tickets though because if ya do get one and lose ya ain't down a whole 20...

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31361 Posts
                              Posted: February 14, 2007, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Gongrats on getting that 100 bucks dair emily!!!!

I just think its crappy how if ya win 50 on those tickets it aint really fifty profit because the darn thing cost 20 to begin with .. It feel way better to by $1 Bingo and win 10 bucks because at least with the one dollar tickets ya get 90% profit back. I have scratch 3 or 4 20$ tickets and never got even a free ticket LOL!!!!! I do think there is some huge winner's in them its just I havn't had the luck for now..

I stick to the $1 ,$2,$3,$4 and $5 buck tickets because when ya hit a fifty spot or a hundred or even 20 you get way more return profit then with the 20$ tickets....

I love splitting $20 buck tickets though because if ya do get one and lose ya ain't down a whole 20...

I Agree!  not buying anymore.  back to the $2 Jumbos.

love to nibble those micey feet.