Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2 million dollar Supercomputer?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JAP69.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2007, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

If you can afford something like that, save the money instead. No need to play the lottery.

I Agree!  I was just going to write something similar and then I saw your post.

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2007, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Whether or  not you could use a supercomputer depends on how you are approaching the lotto.  For a few of us ( namely, me), the faster the computer the better. 

While there is no way to determine any future draw, there are ways to determine some aspects of any future draw.  We know, for instance, numbers repeat about 50% of the time.  How many and which combinations would contain such a repeating number?

We also know that there are "hot" and "cold" numbers.  How many and which combinations would contain 1) repeating numbers and 2) hot/cold numbers?

Under the mistaken belief that if a number has not been drawn for an extraordinary amout of draws that the number is "due", we have another variable to be considered.

Some of us (again, only me) have several such variables which need to be considered.  I have found that a PC running at 2.8 GHz just does not have the horsepower to evaluate each of the 575,757 combinations and assign the proper value to each variable.  A supercomputer would be a great blessing to me. 

I do not wish to convey the impression that if I had a supercomputer, I would win Cash 5 each and every draw.  Far from it!  But I would be in a better position to lose my money and a great deal of comfort knowing I had at least a one million dollar machine to helping me lose it.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2007, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Todd has a wheel in his wheels program
      Full 5 if 5 of 16 16 selections 5 if of 5 = 4368 tickets
      who can afford to buy 4368 dollars worth of tickets not me.

i just entered 16 numbers and it generated all 4368 combinations in mili seconds.

I'm pretty sure if he had a program by which you could enter the full spread of numbers it would generate the whole group of lines for any drawing and generate all the lines in short order.

Still regardless of that fact a program is only going to put out the group of lines based on the numbers that are inputted. In order to win some of these jackpot games not only do you have to input the right numbers you have to have the cash to play all the various combinations.not many people could afford to do that on a regular basis.

It might be possible for someone or a group of people to fund such an account and when the timing is right implement the program and generate the amount of tickets the group decides on. but they better plan ahead and start filling out tickets in advance cause it could take a while to fill out 10's of thousands of tickets if you decide to try and trap the numbers by creating a wheel to cover 30 to 50 % of the group.

These days i rarely spend more than 5 dollars on a regular pick 5 game. And unless the Mega mil or power ball pot gets above 200 million i rarely spend more that 20 bucks until the pot is won.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2007, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Whether or  not you could use a supercomputer depends on how you are approaching the lotto.  For a few of us ( namely, me), the faster the computer the better. 

While there is no way to determine any future draw, there are ways to determine some aspects of any future draw.  We know, for instance, numbers repeat about 50% of the time.  How many and which combinations would contain such a repeating number?

We also know that there are "hot" and "cold" numbers.  How many and which combinations would contain 1) repeating numbers and 2) hot/cold numbers?

Under the mistaken belief that if a number has not been drawn for an extraordinary amout of draws that the number is "due", we have another variable to be considered.

Some of us (again, only me) have several such variables which need to be considered.  I have found that a PC running at 2.8 GHz just does not have the horsepower to evaluate each of the 575,757 combinations and assign the proper value to each variable.  A supercomputer would be a great blessing to me. 

I do not wish to convey the impression that if I had a supercomputer, I would win Cash 5 each and every draw.  Far from it!  But I would be in a better position to lose my money and a great deal of comfort knowing I had at least a one million dollar machine to helping me lose it.

The trend on repeat numbers has changed, if you go back 20 games, we've had 5 for 25%, if you go back 30 games we've had 10 for 33%, and if you go back 50 games we've had 18 for 36%.

However, if you go back 50 games and start from there and go back 50 more games, there were 24 repeats for 48%.

Overall, in the last 100 games we have had 42 repeats for 42%, but this is a game of trends, it does no real good to go back 100 games UNLESS you think you see a trend (re)starting that occurred awhile ago...   I hope I made that clear.  

And 'hot and cold' numbers are a different story, too, I've seen them change quite a bit: some that were ice cold are now 'warm', some that were 'hot' now are not so hot, and then we have a handful that are pretty steady - SO FAR - but they will change I am sure.

If you are looking for comfort in giving a million dollars to play the lottery, give it to me and I will give you some numbers that are just as good as yours, but you don't need to do the number crunching - I will.      (I'm kidding...) 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2007, 2:46 am - IP Logged

I more or less understand what you are talking about, there are some jackpot games' programs that already give some statistics, they perhaps are not very complete, best is to think what or which statistics would be the ones that would help you the nost and then have somebody make a program that will give or show them to you, next you would need to know how to use the knowledge that you get from the stats, perhaps with some kind of special combination: Include-Exclude filtered wheel not only for particular filters patterns, but also with options for wheeling groups of numbers.

After all, the numbers most be manipulated or wheeled in accord  to your statistical findings.

But perhaps a supercomputer or a very fast one might not be needed unless you are trying to find and get every possible statistic, which would never be possible no matter how fast the computer is as the possible statistics and mostly those of jackpot games are practically, that is un-practically (Virtually) INFINITE.

But perhaps from a few dozens to a few hundreds of stats might be enough, of more importance is the stats proper interpretation.

AnyHow, Good Luck. 

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7308 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2007, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Lottery Director has a free download called appropriately "Free Wheeling" that will generate all 575,757 combinations in a 5/39 game with several filtering methods. It runs a little slow if you decide to just filter out all the combinations that don't have 3 even and two odd numbers but its not like a pop-up will appear saying "come back in a hour".

"Some of us (again, only me) have several such variables which need to be considered." 

You're not the only one because even though most programmers try to put in every possible variable, there are always a couple more. I don't think the speed of analyzing the data is the problem; getting in the variables we wish we had is.

Maybe we need a supercomputer (or a superprogram) like they had in Star Trek where you could ask the "computer" how many and which combinations contain repeats, hot/cold numbers, and anything else we can think of.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7308 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2007, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Pumpi: "You have done everything possible to crack the lottery and that everything has been done to crack the lottery even with the use of a supercomputer"

Maybe you could program a supercomputer to find out which RNG program the states with computerized draws are using and find out which numbers come out after a series of draws. However if they change the RNG program every draw, you'll have a very expensive Quick Pick generator.

For games like Mega Millions that use bingo and keno type machines, you'll need a time machine.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2007, 9:31 am - IP Logged

You guys want a super computer with a super program that's right most of the time.  Most people would be happy with a super program that ran on a decent desktop and was close most of the time and right once in a while. With most pick5 games, being right once a year is fine and with PowerBall or MegaMillions once might be enough.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2007, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Gasmeterguy said:

i agree with you gasmeterguy, if we could harness the energy (lol) of hot & cold, we will be better off...and i am talking about making the numbers either hot or cold, not warm...

stack47 said: 

Maybe we need a supercomputer (or a superprogram) like they had in Star Trek where you could ask the "computer" how many and which combinations contain repeats, hot/cold numbers, and anything else we can think of.

that´s what i was imagining stack47, a supercomputer like star trek, with a scientist next to it asking it the question (punching in the questions actually) and it replying with ouput...

i see, geos5666 & maddog10 get couple of 4of 5 & 4of 6 but the 4of 6 are pretty close too, and i mean this guys can do that without the use of a supercomputer, imagine now if they had the help of a supercomputer...And i don´t think they even use wheels either because they can only enter no more than 50 combinations for each entry...

I will like for you all to look at this page:

http://www.lottery-software.co.uk/aspx/about.aspx

i will like you to look at the last 2 paragraph where it says: example and optimun reduction..Now i don´t know if the website is for real but what i do believe is what they claim..If they can make optimun reductions with your average computer imagine now a supercomputer...i know that a supercomputer with 20 Billion calculations per second, could browsed all 14 million combinations in a pick6-49 game in one third of a second...a supercomputer could search every nook & fisure of lotto combinations, every nook and crany...

I´ve looked at the wheels of the bigest lottery wheel store on the internet and i find discrepancies on their page, as if though they were hiding other wheels..i believe we could teach a supercomputer to sew or wheel numbers but in a very optimized way and with some constraints-restrictions, in a very different radical way, not seen before...

I´ve seen how two physicists on the t.v show, breaking las vegas, did the impossible..they studied the velocity of the balls on the roullette, bought a roulette replica, studied ball resistance, i mean lots of things, and found a way to crack the roulette. whose to say you couldn´t do it with the lotto and the aid of a supercomputer...

note-when i say that a supercomputer try to crack the lotto i mean pick 6 and above not pick5 and pick3-4...i don´t mean going after mega millions or powerball, that´s suicide, it has too many combinations, i mean going after pick6-49 games (with a supercomputer)...or to make it more efficient, is to go after FL Mega money (it climbs sometimes) several times and it should render the same amount of money that some pick6-49 games do...

Also you don´t have to win lots of lotteries to get credentials and make people believe you, you can win 1 lottery lots and lots of time and then start a prediction website with your supercomputer...the best one to go after is; FL Mega Money:it pays really good... 

Keno is-el diablo cazador de hombres............ You can´t see it......And it skins them....    from movie-Predator 1

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2007, 11:26 am - IP Logged

pumpi76...... geos5666 uses the serial numbers off of dollar bills to pick his selections.

you don't need a super computer to pick numbers for pick 5/6 games the pc in front of you can do it with almost any software product and or excel.

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2007, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76...... geos5666 uses the serial numbers off of dollar bills to pick his selections.

you don't need a super computer to pick numbers for pick 5/6 games the pc in front of you can do it with almost any software product and or excel.

that's impossible...This guy gets 4 of something all the time, it can't be..somehow i have a hard time believing that...I feel down now....And i thought we had a Tiger Wood lotto player here at LP....I mean i was starting to get excited about LP....I hope is not true because it will shatter my dreams of LP...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres.....'                        "You can't see it...."          "And it skins them....."                                        from movie "Predator 1"...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2007, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

that's impossible...This guy gets 4 of something all the time, it can't be..somehow i have a hard time believing that...I feel down now....And i thought we had a Tiger Wood lotto player here at LP....I mean i was starting to get excited about LP....I hope is not true because it will shatter my dreams of LP...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres.....'                        "You can't see it...."          "And it skins them....."                                        from movie "Predator 1"...

here is a post by him don't be too upset i actually think it's a great idea

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/135524/671447

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: February 23, 2007, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Well in the post it is specify pick3 and pick4...And it doesn't tell me 100% if he select his number from dollar bills for pick5 & pick6 which is what i am concern with...I sent him a private message to finally find out...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres..."                  "You can't see it....."              "And it skins them......."                                                from movie "Predator 1"

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8360 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2007, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Well in the post it is specify pick3 and pick4...And it doesn't tell me 100% if he select his number from dollar bills for pick5 & pick6 which is what i am concern with...I sent him a private message to finally find out...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres..."                  "You can't see it....."              "And it skins them......."                                                from movie "Predator 1"

been there done that... your gonna get the same answer i gave you in the previous reply.

he uses one dollar bill's serial numbers to produce all his predictions for all games regardless of the type.

Don't be too upset there are hundreds of ways to come up with numbers. His method goes to prove that it's all basically luck. 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                              NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2007, 12:25 am - IP Logged

I more or less understand what you are talking about, there are some jackpot games' programs that already give some statistics, they perhaps are not very complete, best is to think what or which statistics would be the ones that would help you the nost and then have somebody make a program that will give or show them to you, next you would need to know how to use the knowledge that you get from the stats, perhaps with some kind of special combination: Include-Exclude filtered wheel not only for particular filters patterns, but also with options for wheeling groups of numbers.

After all, the numbers most be manipulated or wheeled in accord  to your statistical findings.

But perhaps a supercomputer or a very fast one might not be needed unless you are trying to find and get every possible statistic, which would never be possible no matter how fast the computer is as the possible statistics and mostly those of jackpot games are practically, that is un-practically (Virtually) INFINITE.

But perhaps from a few dozens to a few hundreds of stats might be enough, of more importance is the stats proper interpretation.

AnyHow, Good Luck. 

Lantern

I have already identified 10 variables which I consider essential for each lotto draw.  I do not pretend to know much less use other variables such as dew point, humidity, temperature (outside or inside) or sun spots.

Even with only 10 simple, straightforward variable, I can not examine all the values of the 10 variables associated with each number set.  What I must do with only a PC is set the variable with a value I feel is correct and, using a home-brew program, take each number set (beginning with 1-2-3-4-5 and ending with 35-36-37-38-39) and determine which number sets match the pre-set variables.

If I had access to a supercomputer I could go another way.  I could determine the value of each variable for all the number sets.  After determining these values, I could put the number sets into a group; groups based upon variables of like value.

What this might lead to is any one's guess; perhaps nothing; perhaps eveything.  The point is mute for I do not have access to a super computer.