Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2 million dollar Supercomputer?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JAP69.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2007, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Tntea invented like 3 months ago an excellent system named: 2-2-1 for pick5 (could be use for pick6) and the e/o type...I am convinced that if we could tap into that method with a supercomputer and find the possible e/o and which type is more likely to play we could come close to hitting the pick6/49..Or to have that as a constraint/restriction along with sum total observation and creating a wheel by weaving the numbers (not wheeling the numbers exactly but weaving them) i think we could have close to a winner...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres...."                        "You can't see it......"          "And it skins them....."                                              from movie "Predator 1"

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2007, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Lantern said:

"Simple systems that use "Wrong Prediction(s) Logic(s), can't cope with a process or processes that are much more complicated than the simple thousands or billions of prediction systems."

"What you say is that possible prediction logics must be put into a program, perhaps thousands, millions or billions of them and then tested to see if one or more of them will work well enough on future draws."

"A person can't just test any possible prediction methods (Look at MaxHitPro) there could trillions or more of such useless systems."

I don't think there are going to be trillions of systems/useless systems outhere, it is just impossible..One trillion is a big number...Nor do i think there are going to be a Billion prediction logics programs/useless systems. One Billion is a big number too...I say there aren't more than 300,000 programs/systems/prediction logics programs, etc....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich...."        "She is so rare..."

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2007, 1:45 am - IP Logged

I was reading this article:

And if you read the last paragraph you will know that IBM built (or is building) a supercomputer that can make 7 trillion calculations per second (or teraflop) for 24 million dollars dubbed "Blue Sky"..Some of you may have already heard me saying that with a supercomputer you could perhaps analyzed in depth and crack the lotto...Some of you may disagree...
              What got me thinking is if IBM charged 24 million dollars for a supercomputer that can do 7 trillion calculations per second how much will they charge to build you a supercomputer that can do 20 Billion calculations per second (modest enough to browsed to all of megaMillion's combinations over and over and do all kinds of experiments, e.g take the square root of all the possible combinations, 90% percentile of all combinations total sums, analyzing en depth all keno combinations, etc, etc, etc all in less than one second)...
              Guys doing the calculations, i say they will charge you about 2 millions perhaps 1 million...So you know if you ever win the lottery and will like to buy yourself a modest (i don't see nothing modest about it) supercomputer to do lotto research/experiments at least you know that perhaps with less than 2 million dollars you could get yourself one...Also if you buy it from IBM, the supercomputer comes with a new thechnology named "eLiza" that heal itself saving you money in repairing cost.........
                NOw my question to you is how much do you think IBM will charge to build you supercomputer that can do 20 Billion calculations per second...Will you be happy with 20 Billion calculations per second or with less?
              A supercomputer like that is not that bad, you can always action it and perhaps get 75% of your money back...After all, it could be a good investment..If you cracked the lotto do you know how much money that will be? Imagine winning every state's pick6 or international lottos...
          Note: When i say trying to crack the lotto i mean pick6 and above..

BINGO!!!...I found this two websites:

http://www.macnn.com/articles/04/06/21/another.g5.supercomputer/ 

and: http://www.macworld.com/news/2003/10/22/virginia/index.php?pf=1

If you look at the websites and read them thoroghly, it looks like we could find a supercomputer with 20 BILLION calculations per second at a cost of 500,000 dollars....The supercomputer that the army built named MACH5 (at COLSA) costed 6 million dollars and it can perform 25 teraflop (25 trillion calculations per second)...Mach5  ranks at number 28 on the list of top 500 supercomputers...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres....."                "You can't see it........"              "And it skins them..........."                                                        from movie "Predator 1"

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2007, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I saw this paragraph: "Red Storm (a supercomputer) allows modeling and simulation of complex problems in nuclear weapons stockpile stewardship that were only recently thought impractical, if not impossible."

on this website: http://www.sandia.gov/ASC/redstorm.html 

It is just to prove that a supercomputer (in this case Red Storm) is doing jobs that were thought impossible, just like people think is impossible to crack the lotto (pick6 and above)...

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2007, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I saw this paragraph: "Red Storm (a supercomputer) allows modeling and simulation of complex problems in nuclear weapons stockpile stewardship that were only recently thought impractical, if not impossible."

It is just to prove that a supercomputer (in this case Red Storm) is doing jobs that were thought impossible, just like people think is impossible to crack the lotto (pick6 and above)...

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."

I understand somebody programming simulations based on past statistics, those can be known, but simulations based on mostly unknown (Impossible to know), How can that be programmed?

I have made in the past "Possible" predictions based on my not so good interpretation of a few very basic past stats, with mixed success, mostly without success, but that might change in the future as I learn more and better. 

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7308 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2007, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

If people think the lotto is impossible to crack, how do they account for the winners?

What would happen if the lottery commissions bought one of your supercomputers to a create a RNG that even another supercomputer couldn't crack?

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2007, 2:06 am - IP Logged

If people think the lotto is impossible to crack, how do they account for the winners?

What would happen if the lottery commissions bought one of your supercomputers to a create a RNG that even another supercomputer couldn't crack?

I was going to post this today and i forgot it (lately, i've been getting very forgetful, i think is the pills i take)..Thanks for reminding me...

In the future, they are going to use Supercomputers to crack encryption...They are going to go through all the combinations that a rotor machine has and crack encryptions...Now a days they got encryptions that has 100's of rotors but a supercomputer will be able to crack it open...

I said this like 9 months ago though i can't remember exactly...Now it deosn't matter what's the latest in RnG, they could have a RnG that could never be crack..."It doesn't matter how big the seed of a RnG is, what matter is how high you set the odds, meaning how many combinations a game will have...Despite that they can create a very complex RnG, a "wheel" works like a "fishing net" if "sewn/woven the right way" on the right locations, it can trap (numbers in this case) anything in its way...And if you had the perfect wheel, you could crack the lotto without having to decipher the RnG....ONe of the weakness of the lotto is the Total Sum: There is a big "hole" or "Pattern" on lottos because of their total Sums...However a very solid and stordid game is "Powerball & MegaMillions"...They are impenetrable...So what i am basically saying is that RnG's series/seed" is "useless" if you want to make your game un-dicipherable/impenetrable...The best thing to do to a game to make it "un-decipherable"/impenetrable" is to increase the amount of combinations it has(increase the odds)....I also feel that "wheels" become "useless" on games like pick3 or pick4 where 1-2-3-1 is not the same as 1-3-2-1...

When i say that a supercomputer is going to be able to crack the lotto (pick6 & above) i don't mean with 1 single combination...It may take 500 combinations, less than 2,000, etc but the supercomputer will get there (again, i am talking about pick 6 & above..)

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich....."        "She is so rare..."

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1272 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2007, 2:40 am - IP Logged

I think methods are more important than computer speed. As I have pointed out in earlier posts in the math forum I think combining several methods at once and make the software be able to determine which methods works best and combine them, is the best way forward.

If you're gonna do the job yourself you need to be an AI expert, statistician, mathematician and a programmer at the same time. 

You can create your own supercomputer by combining several PC's into a special network. I think that is possible with Linux and Unix.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3474 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2007, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

"how do they account for the winners?"

Randomness, probability, and a boatload of ticket sales. 

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7308 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2007, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I was going to post this today and i forgot it (lately, i've been getting very forgetful, i think is the pills i take)..Thanks for reminding me...

In the future, they are going to use Supercomputers to crack encryption...They are going to go through all the combinations that a rotor machine has and crack encryptions...Now a days they got encryptions that has 100's of rotors but a supercomputer will be able to crack it open...

I said this like 9 months ago though i can't remember exactly...Now it deosn't matter what's the latest in RnG, they could have a RnG that could never be crack..."It doesn't matter how big the seed of a RnG is, what matter is how high you set the odds, meaning how many combinations a game will have...Despite that they can create a very complex RnG, a "wheel" works like a "fishing net" if "sewn/woven the right way" on the right locations, it can trap (numbers in this case) anything in its way...And if you had the perfect wheel, you could crack the lotto without having to decipher the RnG....ONe of the weakness of the lotto is the Total Sum: There is a big "hole" or "Pattern" on lottos because of their total Sums...However a very solid and stordid game is "Powerball & MegaMillions"...They are impenetrable...So what i am basically saying is that RnG's series/seed" is "useless" if you want to make your game un-dicipherable/impenetrable...The best thing to do to a game to make it "un-decipherable"/impenetrable" is to increase the amount of combinations it has(increase the odds)....I also feel that "wheels" become "useless" on games like pick3 or pick4 where 1-2-3-1 is not the same as 1-3-2-1...

When i say that a supercomputer is going to be able to crack the lotto (pick6 & above) i don't mean with 1 single combination...It may take 500 combinations, less than 2,000, etc but the supercomputer will get there (again, i am talking about pick 6 & above..)

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich....."        "She is so rare..."

Mega Millions and Power ball use bingo/keno type balls and machines so there are no encrypted codes, RNGs, or formulas to decipher and crack.

Using the 5/56 and 1/46 matrix, Mega Millions has around 200 draws. Do you realize that it would take 38,000 drawings to create a data base that just represented 1% of all the possibilities? And that doesn't include the mega ball.

Is that enough data for even a supercomputer to project the winning mega or power ball?

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2007, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions and Power ball use bingo/keno type balls and machines so there are no encrypted codes, RNGs, or formulas to decipher and crack.

Using the 5/56 and 1/46 matrix, Mega Millions has around 200 draws. Do you realize that it would take 38,000 drawings to create a data base that just represented 1% of all the possibilities? And that doesn't include the mega ball.

Is that enough data for even a supercomputer to project the winning mega or power ball?

thank you Stack47 it's what i have been trying to say.

actually there have been only 175 drawings since Friday, June 24, 2005 when the new matrix was installed in MM. but i think pumpi has other motives for his super compute like taking ball characteristics and wind velocities and all kinds off the wall information and adding it to his idea for a program. 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2007, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

To track and research stats your home computer with a tracking program could do the job.

For me the final conclusion on what to play comes from two sources.

What I have between my ears and gut instinct.

Big Grin

WHATT